PDA

View Full Version : victor vs stealth

david laxton
06-04-2002, 06:38 AM
Will a big single plane kill my 3200 rpm knee
boarding. I do not think so but my bud said it will. Mild 429 low profile boat berk JE
with an A-imp.

hoolign
06-04-2002, 07:26 AM
how could that effect your kneeboarding? your still going to reach 3200,youll still be able to stay at 3200!did he give you an explanation?unless I'm missing somthing here!

Hallett19
06-04-2002, 09:25 AM
the weiand is a dual plane, but at 3200 rpm, for some odd reason, those intakes make that rpm null and void, quite a strange phenominon.

david laxton
06-04-2002, 09:53 AM
My bud was thinking it will kill all the torque and make it hard to keep a steady
RPM. Was looking for input from boaters with a single plane.

flat broke
06-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by david laxton:
My bud was thinking it will kill all the torque and make it hard to keep a steady
RPM. Was looking for input from boaters with a single plane.
One of the great things about jets is that they are no bullshit dynometers. Basically if you have the HP to pull 3200RPM, you will be fine. I think what your friend might be trying to get at is that the motor may pull (up its powerband) a little slower in that area as the Victor is setup for faster intake velocities usually associated with higher RPM. It is more an issue of the "feel" of the motor at 3200RPM than being able to cruise there. You might find that the motor feels a little soft in the midrange but the bottom line is that the boat will still run at 3200RPM.
Good luck,
Chris

david laxton
06-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Flat broke Do you think the boat will have more top end? I thik it will pull harder.
The think goes to 4500 if you stab it from a stop.

flat broke
06-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by david laxton:
Flat broke Do you think the boat will have more top end? I thik it will pull harder.
The think goes to 4500 if you stab it from a stop.
Unless you have the heads, cam, and carb to move more air through the manifold at the speed it was designed to work best at, I doubt you'll see a noticible difference. At the RPM level you're running now, I don't think the intake is the limiting factor. The Victor looks cool, but the Stealth is probably better suited to your current application between the two intakes. One intake I haven't checked out is the Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap. I don't know if they make a 429-460 model, but the BBC unit looks pretty nice. Probably the best combination of the two intakes mentioned above on the market at this point in time. You might look that direction if you want to try something different.
Good luck,
Chris

HammerDown
06-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19:
the weiand is a dual plane, but at 3200 rpm, for some odd reason, those intakes make that rpm null and void, quite a strange phenominon.
What are you talking about???? Or should I say where did ya come up with that info?
[This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited June 04, 2002).]

77charger
06-04-2002, 04:44 PM
they do make a performer rpm for the bbf i have one.works well but i am going to get a victor soon.

Hallett19
06-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown:
What are you talking about???? Or should I say where did ya come up with that info?
[This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited June 04, 2002).]
I am trying to be funny and ended up sounding like a total terd (whats new). I have the weiand stealth, and notice absolutley no change from the stock one, I think in boats, you need to do some major work to notice any differences.