PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Survey

LVjetboy
01-13-2002, 01:45 AM
I am interested in your comments. There's a survey on the jet boat forum with questions about Hot Boat Magazine content. Here's the results so far:
http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/***boatSurvey.jpg
And here's the questions:
If you subscribe to Hot Boat Magazine...
1) Do you want to see more small (<24 foot) Hot Boat coverage? (Yes/No)
2) Would you like less offshore (24 foot and over) and poker run type coverage in exchange for more small Hot Boat coverage? (Yes/No)
3) Do you want more technical articles and custom upgrade projects for small Hot Boats? (Yes/No)
4) Would you like less new boat performance evaluations in exchange for more technical articles and custom upgrade projects? (Yes/No)
If you want to make a difference, let your voice be known. Either on this forum or at the jet boat site.
jer
[This message has been edited by LVjetboy (edited January 13, 2002).]

n2boatin
01-13-2002, 10:20 AM
It sounds to me like all you guys can think about are pickle-dics and tunnel rats. If your opinion of a hot boat is a canoe with a big block blown nitrious fed engine that sounds more like a twenty thousand dollar engine sittin on a five hundred dollar 1942 duck huntin canoe. So why the hell don't ya spend a little more money on the BOAT instead of the engine. Because after all, it is the boat not the engine that floats.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVjetboy
01-13-2002, 01:14 PM
So I'm thinking that's a no? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
jer

euby
01-15-2002, 06:10 AM
1)yes
2)no
3)yes
4)yes
i have no interest in a 1000hp fancy painted surfboard. there are plenty of "***boats" between 18' and 26' that you sit in and not on!
just .02

LVjetboy
01-15-2002, 05:40 PM
I’d like to thank everyone for vote and survey comments...yes even the “no’s.” I will forward the results to Hot Boat magazine’s executive editor. Of course, this survey was incredibly unscientific and proves nothing but that most of us small boat owners want to see more small boat coverage in HBM. But I wouldn’t be surprised if a 100% poll of all Hot Boat subscribers would give similar (although not nearly as overwhelming) trends. And it does highlight a large void in magazine coverage of our hobby. A void I think someone will fill...if not them. Survey closed.
Later,
jer

Donzi26ZX
01-16-2002, 05:24 PM
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. yes

mach1 454
02-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by n2boatin:
It sounds to me like all you guys can think about are pickle-dics and tunnel rats. If your opinion of a hot boat is a canoe with a big block blown nitrious fed engine that sounds more like a twenty thousand dollar engine sittin on a five hundred dollar 1942 duck huntin canoe. So why the hell don't ya spend a little more money on the BOAT instead of the engine. Because after all, it is the boat not the engine that floats.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
first of all, maybe we cant afford a 80k boats. we like river boats because in my opinion they look better and are much more fun to drive than a offshore boat!! and doesnt a bad ass blown big block look alot nicer when its popping out in a jet boat. second of all we spend our money on the engines because on a jet boat you can actually see the engine, and thats one reason you spend so much money on the engine so you can show it off, unlike you guye that have hatches over them. 3rd of all i can see that you dont know boat values, because jet boats are worth more money than you think. and last of all most jet boat owners work on their own boats unlike some off you guys that dont know crap and have your boats serviced
see ya!!!!!!!!!

HavasuDreamin'
02-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Amen . . . and thank you Mach1 454! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif
Oh yeah . . . . .
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. maybe . . . I kind of like to see the new stuff even though the average price is way out of my league!
[This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited February 15, 2002).]

77charger
02-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by n2boatin:
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well let me see i want to buy a 200,000 offshore boat because i want to drive in a lake,I have to make up for what i dont have between my legs,and it will make me cool.well i will admit i cant afford a big ocean liner for the lakes but get by with my boat and have more fun on it.I have been in big cats and vees in the ocean(which they are made for)but you cant ski in the lakes with them pain to haul around and store.Well my jet will hold beer and woman on it so it will work fine for me.

2prop
02-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Hey 77Charger not everyone with an offshore boat shares the same ideas as 2nboatin, fact is there's a place for all types and size boats fresh and salt water boats,it is a personal taste we all share,,,,,,just my .2

spectras only
02-24-2002, 07:34 PM
2prop ,check out my friends new model [Kazulin 24] we took out today .I've posted it on the media center S/D section.I'm still waiting for some full sideview pics from you http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

F 20SC
02-24-2002, 07:37 PM
No
No
No
Yes

77charger
02-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 2prop:
Hey 77Charger not everyone with an offshore boat shares the same ideas as 2nboatin, fact is there's a place for all types and size boats fresh and salt water boats,it is a personal taste we all share,,,,,,just my .2
nope only some and i agree with you.yours might be bigger boats and mine is the smaller type and if you enjoy then that works for you or me.

2prop
02-25-2002, 04:00 AM
Hey Spectra's Only that is one sweeeet ride that is the nice things about boats there all so different, and man when you get something unique like that you really got something ,great job,,,,,,,,,,

2prop
02-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Also like to add although we all like different type's of boats , we do share one common thing ,,and that is we all like BOATS and that is a good thing, be it a really cool pickfork, or a vintage beauty like Spectra's and even Offshore boats there all fun in one way or another,,,,,,,,

Too Old
02-26-2002, 08:23 PM
seems an odd bunch of questions for an "offshore" forum.
My preference...more big
more badder
more motors

32fever
02-28-2002, 12:50 PM
WEll "HOt Boat" magazine is kinda stuck in the middle. While the flat bottom big motor'd jet and/or otherwise boats are cool, and some have some awesome power and setups, and paint, it's not my thing.
However, i get tired of reading about $300k plus boats in other magazines. In my opinion, not enough of the "affordable" offshore style boats are covered. NO 32' Fountains tested since 1995 that I saw. Might have missed it. Why? They (collectively exaggerating) tested 150 42' Fountains. Same with some other boats.
Hot Boat is in the middle I think. Somebody has to cover jet boats and the like, and somebody else I think should cover offshore, or I'm saying there should be two magazines. Kinda like 24 or 26 or such and under and 23,24,25,26 and over, whatever size you pick.
So, I'm not answering the "poll" yes or no, cause my thoughts go much deeper. I subsribe to Hot Boat, and liked the 35 Nordic review, but often I get issues with nothing inside of much interested to me. And why not review the 25 Rage, 28 Heat, etc. I'd like to see more boats that I might by reviewed. That's why I subscribe in the first place.
They're all cool boats, but I think to get the maximum enjoyment, both sets of boaters would probably rather see more of what they like and less of the other stuff. A 1000hp jet boat won't work on Lake MI. So, even if I like them, I don't really have a place to use it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif Others live on lakes where 42' Cigarettes won't fit the bill.
So, how about Hot Boat and Big Hot Boat? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Okay okay, I'm dreamin, but it's my answer to your survey....
My $.02.
Mark

***boat
02-28-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Too Old:
seems an odd bunch of questions for an "offshore" forum.
LVjetboy's poll (as stated) originated in the Jet Performance forum. I suppose that he cross-posted this to the other forums for the sake of fairness.
At any rate, the voting ended weeks ago, so I'm going close this thread. {click}