PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to trade shoes?(not my old converse)

custom-cruiser
05-07-2002, 02:50 PM
I have a 5/8" shoe and would like to trade it or purchase a back cut or 1/4".
Thanks,
CC

FoMoCo
05-07-2002, 03:59 PM
WHERE DO YOU LIVE? i AM WILLING TO DO A LITTLE EXPERIMENTING AT THE LAKE! i HAVE A 1/2 BACK CUT SHOE.

HYDROMOBILE
05-07-2002, 05:07 PM
All shoes are not the same, different shops have different hole patterns, Jim Brock

custom-cruiser
05-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Fomoco,
I am in Boise, ID. quite aways away from you so I think on the water testing is not going to work on this one.
CC
[This message has been edited by custom-cruiser (edited May 07, 2002).]

MikeF
05-07-2002, 06:33 PM
It might not cost that much (probley about $5 to and fro) to send it through US mail or UPS. Just a thought! Mike

Unchained
05-08-2002, 03:48 AM
Custom Cruiser, Not to be a smart ass, but did you read your intake pressure and determine that you were getting too much and that is why you want a thinner shoe? Going from 5/8" to 1/4" is a major step. I would only go to a thinner shoe if you're already getting over 40lbs. intake pressure at top speed.
I made all new motor mount plates out of 6061 alum. can you powder coat something that large?
Mark

custom-cruiser
05-08-2002, 05:39 AM
Unchained,
I have not taken an intake reading,as I do not have guage installed. Here is my reasoning for wanting thinner or even back cut shoe.
Last year I had leaky carter 600's,replaced them with two new 750 4150's, last year I had a standard intake with no shoe or ride plate,replaced it with American Turbines HP intake with shoe and ride plate, last year had a tired pump,it has just been rebuilt by MPD to a stage 2.5 with flowed bowl A+ imp.,DPS reducer,Hyd. diverter.
Now granted I have only had it out twice and am still playing with jets and ride plate angle but I lost 3 MPH? and it just feels like the ass end is glued to the water. What do you think? Throttle response is great and at about 55 mph you can blip the throttle and acceleration is great.
Right now I can only coat something that fits in a 18x21 oven but am working on an extension. How big are your mounts?

flat broke
05-08-2002, 06:21 AM
Unchained,
Post up the dimensions for your parts and maybe I can get you take care of.
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Unchained
05-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Custom Cruiser, I see your dilemma, All those improvements and a loss of speed. I had a similar situation when I removed .100" of shims from the shoe that came in the boat and I went slower. I really think you need to know what the intake pressure is. Greg told me to tap in at 10 oclock or 2 oclock either side of the hand hole. I have a 1/2" shoe that I can send you to try or trade but who knows if the bolt pattern is the same. My shoe came off a Dominator pump. Give me some dimensions of your bolt pattern and I will measure my shoe.
Mark