PDA

View Full Version : The worst feeling,

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 09:24 AM
I had to run out to the gas station yesterday afternoon before we left to take my son out for his birthday. When I got to the gas station I jump out of the Tahoe and reached back to grab my wallet and realized I didnt have it on me. So I drove back to the house figuring I had left it on the counter. Well when I got home the wallet wasnt anywhere. We finally figured out what happened. The shorts I was wearing the pocket was a bit shallow and when I slid out of the tahoe at the station I think it fell out of my pocket and on the ground. I have been back to the station 3 times to see if anyone turned it in yet, but nothing. I had to cancel every card I had yesterday, I have to get a new license this week now. This doesnt even account for the countless business cards I had, and personnal photos. Plus my social security card was in there and in this day and age of ID theft Im really worried. Amazing how much life is in one little wallet. :mad:

LUVNLIFE
03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
That sucks Shawn. I know the feeling when you just misplace your wallet let alone lose it. Hopefully someone with some morals finds it.

Forkin' Crazy
03-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Sure sucks. That shit drives me nuts when I can't find something..... I don't carry too much in my wallet.... that can't be replaced very easily.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Since your SS card wasn there as well, make sure you put an alert with one of the credit repotring agencies if you haven't already. You only have to call one and they will notify the other two for you. This puts a 6 month fraud alert to new credit applications on your file. It won't keep you from obtaining credit, but it will make the grantors of credit have to verify it is really you.

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Police report made and now to call the credit agencies and SSI

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Did you check the trash cans at the gas station? Someone might have just taken out the cash and tossed the wallet in the trash. It's still early enough, I would do that. At least the one closest to where you were parked.

gqchris
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Dude that sucks. My buddy last year lost his wallet while we were out and about, and we were just leaving for a Vegas trip and he had 3k or so in it.!!!!!
We seacrhed till Sunrise at every spot we could think of! It never did show. After helping him call all of the card companies etc. we finally got over it. He was the type that carried the wallet stuffed to the brim! Not anymore.
I always check my pocket when I am out and about, and its that one time when you check and its not there, you get that sinking feeling kinda like when you look in the rear view and see a cop with his lights on!

JetBoatRich
03-12-2006, 02:45 PM
I had to run out to the gas station yesterday afternoon before we left to take my son out for his birthday. When I got to the gas station I jump out of the Tahoe and reached back to grab my wallet and realized I didnt have it on me. So I drove back to the house figuring I had left it on the counter. Well when I got home the wallet wasnt anywhere. We finally figured out what happened. The shorts I was wearing the pocket was a bit shallow and when I slid out of the tahoe at the station I think it fell out of my pocket and on the ground. I have been back to the station 3 times to see if anyone turned it in yet, but nothing. I had to cancel every card I had yesterday, I have to get a new license this week now. This doesnt even account for the countless business cards I had, and personnal photos. Plus my social security card was in there and in this day and age of ID theft Im really worried. Amazing how much life is in one little wallet. :mad:
Sorry to hear this Shawn :yuk: sounds like you have done what you can :cool:
Happy Birthday to TY :cool:

MagicMtnDan
03-12-2006, 03:07 PM
That sucks - sorry to hear it.
Next time, why carry all that stuff in your wallet? I carry my cash and a credit card in my pocket and always leave my checkbook with ATM card, Costco card and drivers license in my center console.
Carry only what you need (hard to imagine why you'd need your SS card and other stuff on you all the time). Next time (there usually is a next time) it won't be so painful.

Forkin' Crazy
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
If it makes you feel any better I just lost my phone while at the river (kerbloop!). I can get most of my contacts back...... except for that fine ass chick's phone number I met at the bar the other night! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
over 170 numbers... and no my dumb ass didn't have any written down!!! :220v:

raff
03-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out.
I lost my wallet once, and they returned it through the mail.
Hopefully that is what will happen.
Mark out

Desert Rat
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Damn sorry to hear that Shawn................ Hopefully they just took thr cash and sh!t canned the wallet. Pretty sorry ass world when we hope they only took the cash :cry:

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I made a police report and called the credit agencies. Now I need to get a copy of my birth certificate so I can get my license again but the problem is that I need a photo ID to get my birth certificate. So I have no idea what to do now.

raff
03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
(This is Sara) No, you do not need a photo ID to get you Birth Cert.
I got one for my brother who was in Mexico to get back over the border.
You just need your name, your mothers maiden name, AAAHHHH
Hell, I'll just tell Steph in the morning.
Don't worry, we will HELP YOU
Sara( to the rescue) just kidding
OUT

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I made a police report and called the credit agencies. Now I need to get a copy of my birth certificate so I can get my license again but the problem is that I need a photo ID to get my birth certificate. So I have no idea what to do now.
I am now not cross posting.
Don't worry, I will give Steph the form for a new DL ok???
And the form to get a new Birt Cert.
We got your back
Sara out

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Here is the form for a new Birth Cert
http://www.lavote.net/RECORDER/PDFS/BirthRecord.pdf
Let me know if it works
Sara out

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Thank you Sara I just printed out the form. Im hoping that I can have my birth certificate by Friday, so I can go get my license. I have an appt. at 1:40 Friday. Thanks again for the help.

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 08:50 PM
It is California DMV form DL44 for a new Driver License.
I can't print it on line, but I will get you one this week at DMV
Dont worry, it will be OK
K?????
Sara out
(going now to eat tater tots)

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
No problem, any time big guy :)
See you later
Sara out

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Do I have to have my birth cert to get my license again???

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Do I have to have my birth cert to get my license again???
I don't think so, they should have your info in their computer.
I can't see the form on line, so I don't know what they need.
Hold off until tomorrow A.M so I can call my contact at DMV to find out
I'll talk to you soon.
Again, I think they have your info in their computer system, it should be very easy, dont get a copy of your Birth Cert until I find out.
Sara

Jetdriver
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
OK cool, thanks again Sara. Say Hi to Mark for me.

DMVQUEEN
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
OK cool, thanks again Sara. Say Hi to Mark for me.
You got it
Sleep good, by the way, did you guys get any snow?????
We saw snow on hills above Burbank yesterday, just beautiful.
Just waiting for the OFFICIAL start of SPRING
March 20th. I just know that it will hit 80 degrees that day!!!
(just hopefull thoughts lol)
(cant wait to get out again on the boat!!!!)
Sara out

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Oh I'm so sorry shawn everything will work out sara will help you and everything will be good :D I know how you feel you feel violated but it will work out chin up
Tell Ty Happy Birthday

Jetdriver
03-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Oh I'm so sorry shawn everything will work out sara will help you and everything will be good :D I know how you feel you feel violated but it will work out chin up
Tell Ty Happy Birthday
Thanks for the moral support. Im hoping to have the DMV thing done this week. Maybe start getting some of my cards and what not back by the end of the week too. Have to get to SSI too!!

jackpunx
03-13-2006, 07:26 AM
that sux bro.. I would go shake down bigimist.. he's a thief..

Jetdriver
03-13-2006, 08:15 AM
that sux bro.. I would go shake down bigimist.. he's a thief..
Ill have to look into that! :D

Hardly Satisfied
03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear , I left my wallet on my rear bumber of my truck and went to pick up my little girl from school about a 1/2 mile from the house . after picking her up from school walking back to the truck noticed my wallet on my rear bumper l'm lucky it didn't fall off.I wouldhave never have found it. forgot that I put it there , went to get something out of the bed of the truck.

SoCal_fun
03-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Dang, that sucks Shawn! Sara, way to come to the rescue. :rollside:
Happy Bday Ty. :rollside:

AngryJosh
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Bummer...Keep the SS card at home in the safe. But like Paul said, pretty shitty world we live in where you hope they only stole the cash. :mad:

Jetdriver
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Isnt this the truth. I can only hope that they went through it and tossed the rest in a garbage can or something. Its bullshit like this that makes me want to move away from Mexifornia NOW!

SummerBreeze
03-13-2006, 04:31 PM
That sucks Sorry to hear
Just a little hope for you I have a story
Went boating at Lake Shasta a few years back. We were doing the house boat thing. So we needed to launch the boat then take all of our stuff in the boat to the house boat area. We had so much stuff for the week that I was sitting on the rails of the boat driving it when my wallet must have fallen over board into the water..... No wallet panic..... no credit cards.... I had 700 in cash. 2 years later I get a call that a fisherman found my wallet and mailed it back. It came back with every card and drivers lic. too but no cash.
So you could find your wallet. I hope you do... :rollside:

BIGAMIST
03-13-2006, 06:17 PM
that sux bro.. I would go shake down bigamist.. he's a thief..
Slow your roll driver!!.........:D :D :wink:

Jetdriver
03-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Slow your roll driver!!.........:D :D :wink:
Roll slowed. Whats up Jeff?