PDA

View Full Version : Havasu last weekend

Craig
07-30-2002, 06:38 PM
Man, was it me or did the lake seem a lot more crowded then usual? It was windy and rough as well. Hung out in the channel Saturday until early afternoon. Met up with fasterdammit and his crowd. He did a little prop testing on his 26 AO with a 29 three blade. Got the same results as the rest of us cat boys, prop blow out right before you get on plane :( Saw HavasuCigs new boat, WOW, nice ride, even if he was out running over drunks wink Went to the sandbar and had to tie up on the perimeter. Too much hassle to keep the boats from bangin'. We left after 30 minutes and went to the protection of Park Moabi. That was nice, but the damn river was still too rough and crowded for any real speed runs. Dinner at the Horseshoe was great, especially given the fact that Chuck(XTRM22)'s friend Ron picked up the whole check for 16 of us! Chuck tell him thanks again!
It wasn't too bad a weekend after all, just wish we could have run a little more. I never got over 67 mph! Need a bigger boat one day!
Hey fasterdammit, don't forget to shoot me a pic of that Mustang.
Craig
[ July 30, 2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

JetBoatRich
07-30-2002, 07:18 PM
I guess a bad day like you talk about, is better than a great day at work. eek!

Craig
07-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Lets see.....I could be sitting here at work until 6 in the*&%$# morning, OR be banging up and down Lake Havasu. Rough and a pain? Yes, but I'll take it ANY day over work :D
Craig

Havasu Cig
07-31-2002, 03:07 PM
Craig, Thanks for the compliment on the boat. I have noticed that Saturdays have seemed unusually busy on the lake this year. Not as bad as the holiday weekends, but still damn crowded.

HighRoller
07-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Okay,you're all on here complaining about the water being too rough,but then you say you need a bigger boat????WHY do you think the water is so F*&%ing rough in the first place??I can negotiate wakes from boats up to 22 or 23ft no problem but when I pass or get passed by a boat 28-35ft long I have to practically stop!It's ridiculous to have to deal with the wake from an ocean going yacht on a small river....UGH

Havasu Cig
07-31-2002, 03:28 PM
Hey Craig, was it really rough out there? I guess I did'nt notice :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-31-2002, 04:13 PM
HighRoller:
Okay,you're all on here complaining about the water being too rough,but then you say you need a bigger boat????WHY do you think the water is so F*&%ing rough in the first place??I can negotiate wakes from boats up to 22 or 23ft no problem but when I pass or get passed by a boat 28-35ft long I have to practically stop!It's ridiculous to have to deal with the wake from an ocean going yacht on a small river....UGHHR, I've never met you, but I'm calling bulls**t on this one. Nothing personal so please do not take it that way. Besides you live in Laughlin so that makes you cool in my book!
I was in Havasu this past weekend and the water was rough on Saturday and it had NOTHING to do with the boats that were there. It was the wind, plain and simple. I was cruisng South on the lake with no other BIG boats, they were all 21-23 footers and there were only 4-5 of them, around and the water was still rough. So, I personally don't buy into this big boat BS. But, then that's my opinion and obviously others have differing views.

FASTERDAMITT
07-31-2002, 05:18 PM
Craig, Thanks for not telling the whole story! How do I post the Mustang picture anyway? I know I can't just paste it. I have it on Webphotos.com but the url doesn't work right here.

Hallett19
07-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Yeah, Pickle the Load had a friend down there this last weekend and said it was off the hook!! GRRRRR...... I need to be there soon !!! I am going through withdrawls.... I will be there not this weekend but next!!! Hopefully with a running boat!!

Craig
07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Havasu Cig:
Hey Craig, was it really rough out there? I guess I did'nt notice :D :mad: :mad: :mad: Go figure! :D
Highroller, I'll have to agree with HD, it wasn't all the big boats (like one certain Cig!) but the wind. I ran around during the last poker run and didn't take nearly the beating and there were a lot more "big" boats in the general vicinity. My boat is really barely over 20' transom to bow, so it doesn't take much to start banging you around.
Fasterdammit, I'm lost on the posting pics. Shoot me a copy via e-mail. Yeah I didn't mention your little misfortune, that could have been a lot worse, I figured I'd leave to your discretion:D
Craig

Tom Slick
08-01-2002, 12:21 PM
I had a blast last Saturday in Havasu. The rougher the better. Oh yeah, just how big of a wake goes a 30+ foot cat put off at 100+mph. Big boats aren't the problem, its the slow, water pushing barges that make the wakes.

burning cole
08-02-2002, 06:38 AM
HighRoller:
Okay,you're all on here complaining about the water being too rough,but then you say you need a bigger boat????WHY do you think the water is so F*&%ing rough in the first place??I can negotiate wakes from boats up to 22 or 23ft no problem but when I pass or get passed by a boat 28-35ft long I have to practically stop!It's ridiculous to have to deal with the wake from an ocean going yacht on a small river....UGHRight on brother.

maxbowride
08-06-2002, 04:12 PM
RiverDave:
Any Pic's?
RDit was a "pg" week for us, sorry. The wind blew every day off and on and that was the cause of the rough water. We went to the sandbar monday and friday. Monday was a sweet trip, but the wind on friday was blowing about 15-20 all day and whiped up the lake, made for a slow ride back to sandpoint.

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Speaking as one of the bigger boat owners, I try to fly by the smaller boats to create a little less wake for them instead of dragging my ass end putting out a monsoon. I step up to this last August from a 21 foot because I was the one getting tired of being beat up... :rolleyes:

69 Elim
08-07-2002, 10:09 AM
Speaking as one of the bigger boat owners, I try to fly by the smaller boats to create a little less wake for them instead of dragging my ass end putting out a monsoon. :
Thank-you.