PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Summer Blowout!!!!

DickDanger
09-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Okay, heres the 411. Who would be interested in attending the Pyramid Summer Blowout, tentatively scheduled for Sept 28/29 or Oct 12/13, whichever gets the most response. The situation would be:
Hopefully getting WhippedCaliber out with some of that Tri-tip.
Camping out Sat night in one of the group sites.
Beer bong festivities/Jello Shots/Dick Danger's Cherry Bombs
A little racing on the far side of the island.
Any other activities that anyone would like to see.
Come on out, say goodbye to summer, and have a good time seeing some new faces, as well as some old ones!!!
This should be enough notice for people to get their plans in order. Let's here a count on who would be down for this.
-DD Out
[ September 03, 2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

NashvilleBound
09-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Were in. I am sure Chaddyshack will pop up and respond too. I promise to drive better this time :rolleyes: Sounds like I need to put on the 26 for this run..... If Marcels going his trips on us! Come on CC show yourself...
[ September 03, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

DickDanger
09-03-2002, 07:19 PM
I am really hoping that we get a big turnout on this one. Not that the last one didnt rate high on the fun meter. Hey, even the usual Havasu Snob cliques are invited out. I promise to act like a total jackass and have my nose in the air all day so that you will feel right at home. Heh heh I would like to see us totally commandere the sandbar there, and not let anyone else join in to play (unless of course, they are hot naked Tropicana girls that would like a ride in some hot boats). -Dick "Ummmmm, would you ladies like to see my liquid cooled header"? Danger Out
[ September 03, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Chestah Cheetah
09-03-2002, 07:46 PM
NashvilleBound:
Come on CC show yourself...Can't you just trust me that I measured with a calibrated yardstick?
I'm in brother.......and I'm bringing an extra bottle of Patron.

09-03-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm in even if I have to buy a f...ing raft & paddle my ass out there!

79Hawaiian
09-03-2002, 08:53 PM
I am in for either date, or both.

RiverToysJas
09-03-2002, 09:56 PM
I vote for the October date, but that's only because Sept is full of actual river events.
What's the elevation of Pyramid?

WILD LAVEY
09-03-2002, 09:57 PM
8/28 8/29 is the laveycraft regatta. so if you guys decide on another date im in.

DickDanger
09-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Hmmmmmmmm..good question about the elevation. Anyone know? As far as Oct, I am kinding of leaning with that anyways, as RTJ said, people already have other events/vacations/get togethers planned. All I can say if it is in October: someone bring the firewood!!!!!! I dont wanna have to hang out with anymore crazy mexican cabdrivers, just to bogart their firepit. -DD Out
[ September 03, 2002, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

WILD LAVEY
09-03-2002, 10:27 PM
we braved 49 deg. temps at run what ya brung erlier this year so mild oct. temps wont stop me :)

RiverToysJas
09-03-2002, 10:32 PM
WILD LAVEY:
we braved 49 deg. temps at run what ya brung erlier this year so mild oct. temps wont stop me :) NO SHIT! I'd never been so cold in all of my life as I was on that ride in BB's boat!!!
So much for my favorite expression : "I'm stictly a 95+ degree boater!"

DickDanger
09-03-2002, 10:39 PM
Well, I have PLENTY of firewood at the house, so I can be in charge of that as well. The group sites are the way to go, as they are far away from any other campsites. As far as accomodations, I will have my trailer and boat, so CC doesnt have to sleep his sorry a$$ in a truck again. It is safe to say that everyone who showed up for the last one, ended up having a great time. There is no reason while the SoCal locals cant make it, and I am calling you all out. -Dick "we are launching at WHAT time???" Danger out

bordsmnj
09-03-2002, 11:31 PM
howdy. pyramid lake is between 2600 and 2800 ft. above sea level. i just looked it up. does pyramid have it's own camp ground
or do you guys camp at one of the other two?(los alamos or oak flat)If i can get the motor back in the boat i'll be there. what if my boats kinda modest(piece a crap)?how many chicks do i hafta bring??

NashvilleBound
09-04-2002, 04:48 AM
"..... what if my boats kinda modest(piece a crap)?how many chicks do i hafta bring?"
You will need to bring a "Bakers Dozen" to make it right :D :D :D Tho your welcome to go either way. The less chicks, the more kah-rap you will have to take! Wasn't it on the last run the guy with the lowest dollar sled got velcro'ed to a tube and towed at high speed until medical attention was needed??? Damn that was a good run.....
DD: Lets try to accomodate the same site. It really worked out well last time.
CC: "Extra bottle of Patron " eh... makes me thirsty already eek! eek!
[ September 04, 2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

boatnam2
09-04-2002, 04:55 AM
we will also be at the laveycraft regatta.maybe next time

DickDanger
09-04-2002, 05:51 AM
You will be at the Laveycraft regatta? I havent even told you what date it is for sure yet!!!! Hahahahaha....will they be having a poker run at this regatta? I am thinking that I will never meet the B's. And to that, I give it the big thumbs down. -DD Out

75_Elim
09-04-2002, 06:57 AM
I'm in ! I may even be down for the camping thing if I can find a new girlfriend to keep me warm :D
CC, I still have your canopy from last time so I'll load it in the big rig and bring it up.
Do the camp sites have electrical?

boatnam2
09-04-2002, 07:17 AM
i should of said if its on the 28@29 we will be at the laveycraft regatta,but if it were to fall on the 12@13 oct we will probaly attend.we got 4 hands for the lavey regatta poker run plan on winning that.

In2Deep
09-04-2002, 08:05 AM
September dates would be good. I'd make that.

Whipped Caliber
09-04-2002, 08:20 AM
Sept 28/29 I will be out of town Oct 12/13 is good for me!!! :p Cold who gives a shit!! eek! Water time is water time! :D :D Tri tip OK!!

THOR
09-04-2002, 08:22 AM
I might be in for Oct date.
Can we all stay at Hustler's house?

JustMVG
09-04-2002, 09:42 AM
I'm there for the October dates, now can kids come to the festivities, i mean 8,10 and 13, the wife wants to know.
Let us know what to bring other than ourselves.

jet4fun
09-04-2002, 09:56 AM
well dd, looks like the october dates are gonna be the winner, i'm out for either, cant remember why, but you all just have fun without me, i know you will,
jerry NOW youll camp huh? jeff whats the 411 on the vroom vroom, rob i hope you got the bq

24RODjr
09-04-2002, 10:14 AM
October works for me...Right after the fall weatwave poker run, and the last run of the summer before I break out the sonwboard to GO BIG!!

75_Elim
09-04-2002, 10:22 AM
jet4fun:
jerry NOW youll camp huh? jeff whats the 411 on the vroom vroom, rob i hope you got the bqHey Robert,
I said I'll only camp if I have a new girlfriend to keep me warm (the "Freak" is too skinny to keep me warm!)... Maybe I can get the Hooter twins to come up :D :D

09-04-2002, 10:45 AM
jet4fun:
well dd, looks like the october dates are gonna be the winner, i'm out for either, cant remember why, but you all just have fun without me, i know you will,
jerry NOW youll camp huh? jeff whats the 411 on the vroom vroom, rob i hope you got the bqTHE411
It's like making wine a long process. I hope to have it done in a couple weeks. How's every thing going up there?

DickDanger
09-04-2002, 03:01 PM
If I remember correctly, there were kids there the last time. No worries there. Really, this is a family type atmosphere, so there wont be any XXX videos being shot on the sandbar (that I KNOW of). I am really hoping to get some new people out there this time, although I can see that a few of the "regulars" have yet to post anything. Come on, you can come slummin' for a day. I promise not to lower your high opinions of yourselves down too low. I can even wear Gucci loafers and dig out my Rolex if it makes people feel more at home. LMFAO....-DD Out
[ September 04, 2002, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

BowTie Rick
09-04-2002, 03:05 PM
I am in if its Oct. That is right before the SEMA show and I could use a little vacation before all hell breaks loose.

NashvilleBound
09-04-2002, 04:30 PM
MandMVG: Chances are we will bring our kids 9 and 11. We can go both dates so whatevers good....

missboatnam1
09-04-2002, 04:36 PM
DD, oct is good for us.......ill even bring river chicken........

JetBoatRich
09-04-2002, 05:06 PM
October 12&13 sound good. Will camp site take a 34' RV with a 21' boat?

DickDanger
09-04-2002, 05:30 PM
As Nashville Bound can atest, these sites are pretty big. I think that we had Chaddyshacks giant trailer, and like 5-7 boats in the site. It will easily accommodate that. Miss B, I am REALLY hopin that you 2 make it out for this one. And I am all about some river bird!!!!! -DD Out

24RODjr
09-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Sounds like this'll be a major rager....I'm stoked to go. Where should I make the camping reservations?
And is it cool if I bring the Gucci Sleeping bag and the Dolce and Gabana tent? Mrs. RODjr won't sleep in anything less...

nextasex
09-04-2002, 07:52 PM
Dick Danger, this October date may finally give me the opportunity to meet all the regulars including yourself. I will also be out to the Lavey Craft Regatta at the end of September, so the October date sounds better. I took notice to the family atmosphere being mentioned.... will there be kids or can we pretend it's Havasu? Whipped Caliber, you gotta give me your Tri-Tip marinade recipie, although i haven't tried it i hear no much about it. I know, I know, asking for a marinade secret is like asking for the girlfriend :)
see ya!
frank

Windy
09-04-2002, 08:07 PM
If we can make it, only if its in Oct...I'll bring the 7 layer dip.
MissHBjet

DickDanger
09-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Like I said, I am thinking that there shouldnt be anything to out of control, that kids cant be around. As for the camping reservations, I was hoping that Nashville Bound might hook that end of it up. If not, I can do it myself. Should be big fun!!!! And I dont know what the 7 layer dip is all about, but I am down for some new things -DD Out
[ September 04, 2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

09-04-2002, 09:09 PM
nextasex:
Whipped Caliber, you gotta give me your Tri-Tip marinade recipie, although i haven't tried it i hear no much about it. I know, I know, asking for a marinade secret is like asking for the girlfriend )
see ya!
frank[/QB]Whipped Caliber you better start rubbing tonight!!!!

79Hawaiian
09-04-2002, 09:48 PM
Sounds like October it is. Anyone care to second the motion?

09-04-2002, 10:18 PM
79Hawaiian:
Sounds like October it is. Anyone care to second the motion?I second the motion & also call no pink elephants no slicies no poppies no waterfalls no rainbows no erasies no cuts not butts no coconuts times infinity + 1 nah nah nah-nah nah!!! I can't hear you

Chestah Cheetah
09-04-2002, 10:42 PM
DickDanger:
I will have my trailer and boat, so CC doesnt have to sleep his sorry a$$ in a truck again. Alright, but I'm bringing my blankie.
bordsmnj:
los alamos or oak flat)Los Alamos, group site [b]C[/i].....the best spot in the whole place, better reserve now DD.
nextasex:
Whipped Caliber, you gotta give me your Tri-Tip marinade recipie, although i haven't tried it i hear no much about it.The tri-tip looks like it's been rubbed in sand for days it's got so much seasoning...........this stuff is legendary.
Hey jet4fun, start walking.....you should arrive by Oct.

09-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Chestah Cheetah
Hey jet4fun, start walking.....you should arrive by Oct.[/QB]Thats some funny shit.

NashvilleBound
09-05-2002, 04:35 AM
If you give me a possitive date asap I will reserve the camp site for sure. Just let me know.... Talked to ChaddyShack and he's all good to go too.
NB
[ September 05, 2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Chaddyshack
09-05-2002, 05:46 AM
I'm am all down for BOTH dates... I'll bring my "tent" so that Nashville doesn't catch a cold during those fierce Pyramid winter nights!!!
If Chester is gonna bring the patron I'll be sure to bring my 500 foot tow strap so that we can accomodate his unknowing needs (sorry bro, had to go there!! :D :D :D ).
Dick be sure to bring the oxygen and B-12 so we can cure that next morning hang over :rolleyes: before we get drunk!!!!

bohica
09-05-2002, 10:26 AM
I might be in for the Oct. date. That's the weekend before my buddy OCStoker gets married. Might make it into a bachelor party weekend with some entertainment for all. How big is that group campground. I'll be bringing a moho, and a few boats.
Hey Chestah,
How was Labor day weekend. Hope everything with the house was ok. We need to hookup one of these weekends and party.

1stepcloser
09-05-2002, 04:18 PM
I'm in for Oct. 12 & 13. I'll have my trailer back from Havasu by then, if I can convince a friend to tow the boat there will be plenty of extra sleeping quarters.

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 04:20 PM
well dd we got oct 12 and 13 down in the calendar were there.

RiverToysJas
09-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Who is going to be camping?
I know there's a big group camping area about one exit up the frwy from the lake.
RTJas :D

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 04:32 PM
we will be in a motorhome,thats how we camp in the 909 big willie style!

JetBoatRich
09-05-2002, 05:54 PM
boatnam2:
we will be in a motorhome,thats how we camp in the 909 big willie style!I thought they live in Motorhomes in the 909?
[ September 05, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Chestah Cheetah
09-05-2002, 07:26 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by 6741:
[b] Chestah Cheetah
Hey jet4fun, start walking.....you should arrive by Oct.Thats some funny shit.[/QB][/QUOTE]
What's funnier is that if we egg him on, he will come down. Alright Robert, we can do this the easy way or the hard way.......and lets just say that the hard way includes a rope, a blindfold, my trunk, and a rabid squirrel (naaahhh, he'll enjoy that).
Chaddyshack:
If Chester is gonna bring the patron I'll be sure to bring my 500 foot tow strap so that we can accomodate his unknowing needs (sorry bro, had to go there!!No need for the tow strap this time Chaddy, we're not taking my truck twilight fourbying this time. I have big plans for Sargeant Slaughter's Crown Vic (camp security). http://plauder-smilies.com/happy/biggrina.gif
bohica:
Hey Chestah,
How was Labor day weekend. Hope everything with the house was ok. We need to hookup one of these weekends and party.Duane, thanks to you and Susi again for use of the house. I have to tell you, you have my dream garage setup, pull through with it's own driveway, nice. We had a blast all weekend. Let me know how the kitchen wall holds up, I'm only an amateur drywall guy..........Only kidding! Man, with jokes like these, I'm sure to get the house next time (keep digging Chestah!). You have mail!
Hey DD, I met your dream girl in Havasu.........HTMLady, LOL!
I'm supposed to be at a wedding on the 12th of October, your not gonna make me flake out are you?

DickDanger
09-05-2002, 07:40 PM
I am thinking that if Oct 12-13 sounds good, lets go ahead and make the reservations for the group site. I can tell ya that I will also have my trailer there, so no worries.
CC, I hope that you have photographic evidence of HTM Lady's dirty deeds!!!
I will also bust the BBQ out, plenty of silvers, and also bring some extra goodies ( I will try NOT to open the bag this time!!!!)
I will also have a table out there so that we can put all of the grub on. Now, the only person I havent seen is Uncle Gig...where o where could he be??? -DD Out

RiverDave2
09-05-2002, 07:46 PM
So is this a "family" type of event?
Or is this adult/drinking fun?
RD

DickDanger
09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Hmmmmmm...good questions RD. I would have to say: the last one we had, there was plenty of drinking, and getting a LITTLE out of control, but no arrestable offenses. There were a couple of kids there, but they didnt show up until Sunday morning. If I remember right, it was all adults there on Sat night. I am not saying DONT bring kids, but if there happens to be some nudity, beer games, etc, then so be it. -DD Out

NashvilleBound
09-05-2002, 07:59 PM
Ok, So are we up for Oct dates? What campsite were we at anyways? "B"??? The Chaddyshack and my rig are both about 55 feet long. We could easily fit a dozen of those in. Someone have a phone number or do I have to work hard at it.
Dickie, Give me the thumbs up for the dates and I will book it.
CC, You going to flake on the wedding RIGHT????
My kids will most likely be there so lets make this a family/stealth shitface party :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Someone talk to me........

RiverToysJas
09-05-2002, 08:01 PM
DickDanger:
I am not saying DONT bring kids, but if there happens to be some nudity, beer games, etc, then so be it.So in other words, responsible parents should leave the kids at home. No problem here.
What about BoaterBill? Have we heard from him? I sent him an e-mail about it the other day but have not heard back. I may waste away to normal if the Crew Chef is not there!!!

DickDanger
09-05-2002, 08:03 PM
NB, lets do the Oct dates that we talked about. I dont wanna scare people off that have kids at all, this is open to EVERYONE. I am just saying, that if someones top happens to come off, or guys are getting a little tanked, then it happens. I dont anticipate there being anything TO objectionable that kids couldnt see. Hope this clears it up. -DD Out

NashvilleBound
09-05-2002, 08:07 PM
If we keep talking like this I will have to find a sitter for the kids. (Jas: Do you have kids??) Tho I cant imagine it getting outta hand. I guess I will play that by ear.
I will call in the October dates tomorrow. uhhhhh, phone number? Camp site B? That was it right?
I gotta go horizontal...I will check back in the early AM for all the specifics..... vcsparks@webtv.net
[ September 05, 2002, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

RiverToysJas
09-05-2002, 08:21 PM
NashvilleBound:
(Jas: Do you have kids??) Two, A boy 3 and a girl 5 months.

JustMVG
09-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Would it be possible to get a seperate set of sites for the "family" campers that way if it gets a little crazy they can just "head home " to that area and not be or bothered by the adult fun
It's just an idea, See you there , and for sure this time!!! Mike VG

Chestah Cheetah
09-05-2002, 10:29 PM
NashvilleBound:
CC, You going to flake on the wedding RIGHT?Right! I'd rather do this trip the weekend before or after, but you guys know what carries priority with me.......camping!
BTW, it was group site C! Right? Whoever is doing the reservation, make sure it's the same as last time, this was the best spot in the whole joint.

DickDanger
09-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Group site C it is!!! I will try to have a banner of some sort, so that everyone doesnt get lost. Plus, I am sure the disco lights will be going again. What happened last time was: most of us stayed up until 200 am, hit the rack, and were up again at 6am (except for my lazy a$$). It was pretty mellow at night, with all of us standing around BS ing, cooking some cattle, doing a little dancin, and tippin' back some brew. I encourage EVERYONE to come out, as the last time we went, it was one of the funner times I have had this summer. NB, let me know if ya need for me to go halves on the site with ya. -DD Out
P.S. For everyone else that is camping, no $$$ is accepted. Payment per person, couple, or trailer is a silver.

JetBoatRich
09-06-2002, 03:24 AM
I have not seen the sites, sounds like a big crowd, what do we do circle the wagons and everyone fits? Is there power?

NashvilleBound
09-06-2002, 04:21 AM
October 12-13 it is. Group site C.
I will call them this morning. AFTER I CALL 411 FOR THE NUMBER!
DD- Get a list going of how many definite shows and if we need to, I can get another "Family" site reserved accross the lot. Sounds like quite a group. I am sure we can fit 20 trucks and trailers into the area.
NB

Chaddyshack
09-06-2002, 06:53 AM
DD,
Talked with NB this morning and he is down with group site "C". I'm assuming that this will be the "adult" wink campsite. But, I'm sure with those of us bringing accomodations, we can move the X rated stuff inside (like naked twister per say) in order to remain good parents. If you haven't already, we need to start getting a head count so that we can start to seriously plan this out. If needed, I can check the status of B or A for overflow if needed. Let us know.
Oh, and who else is bringing a tow strap? :D :D

JetBoatRich
09-06-2002, 06:59 AM
We are looking at joining with a 34' RV and boat, 2 kids (Boy 6, Girl 13) and WIFE!

NashvilleBound
09-06-2002, 12:57 PM
I have a confirmed October 12/13 Date at Group site C. I am trying to get there Friday morning and hit the water then so I can get my ski time in before the weekend. Group site A and B are still available. There are NO hookups, but there is a dump station with water. Its a nice paved parking lot with plenty of room for everyone to go.
DD: We need a head count like Chaddyshack suggested. If we need more room I would be happy to reserve another site. Also, what time everyone will be rolling in. We might want to think about a killer BBQ type feast.
Am I forgetting anything???

DickDanger
09-06-2002, 01:53 PM
NB, I think that ya got it!!! I will go thru the posts, and see who we have so far. We can do a BBQ sat evening if everyone is down for that. CC should have no worries, I hear that BBQ Cheetos with marinate are the BOMB!!!! I will add to my post here as soon as I get a count. -DD Out
Heres what I have so far:
DD +1
Nashville Bound & Mrs.
Chaddyshack & Mrs.
Chestah & Blankie
79 Hawaiian
RiverToysJas
Wild Lavey
75 Eliminator
Boatnams
Whipped Caliber & Mrs.
MandMVG
24 Rod
Bowtie Rick
JetBoatRich
Nextasex
HBJets
1StepCloser
Hustler!!!
And...I have heard a rumor thru the interception of some top secret info that Monkey will be making a rare appearance
That is 25 people that I KNOW of. But, we need to find out who is camping, and who is gonna show up on Sunday morning. For those that plan on Sunday, you need to be there EARLY!!! And by early, I mean, crack of ass dawn early. Since it will be in Oct, the lines to the ramp should have thinned out, but I dont know this for sure. If we wanna BBQ Sat night, I can hook us up with a grill.
[ September 06, 2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Hustler
09-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Well it looks like we may make it out for this trip. I'm bringing the boat home after next weekend so we will be doing a little more local boating for the rest of the season

PussyPusher
09-06-2002, 02:09 PM
October sounds good to me! Hey 75_elim. I can get in touch with heavy sweaty betty and the gate there. She is more than enough woman for you and Im sure she will keep you warm. Well count me in
Shawn

bohica
09-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Add Bohica amd crew to the list. I'll be camping with 33' moho.

1stepcloser
09-06-2002, 02:55 PM
Well, if I can talk someone into towing my boat, I'll bring my trailer, (25' 5th wheel) and donate all extra sleeping quarters to the needy...It also comes complete with BBQ kettle, outdoor party lighting, 120 volt generator, and a HEATER!. (those who braved the outdoors last trip should be able to relate)

NashvilleBound
09-06-2002, 03:06 PM
1Step: If your trailer is a 5th wheel why dont you just pull doubles out there?
Even if everyone is camping Sat night, which is doubtful, there would be room for all the rigs with trailers. Just want everyone to feel welcome to go. I am sure it will be one to remember!!!!
[ September 06, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

75_Elim
09-06-2002, 03:42 PM
PussyPusher:
October sounds good to me! Hey 75_elim. I can get in touch with heavy sweaty betty at the gate there. She is more than enough woman for you and Im sure she will keep you warm. Well count me in
ShawnThanks Shawn, but I wouldn't want to take time away from you and your lady. You know Betty only has eyes for you. eek!
I have a nice little disco light if we have some sort of power.... Someone please advise.

1stepcloser
09-06-2002, 03:55 PM
NashvilleBound:
1Step: If your trailer is a 5th wheel why dont you just pull doubles out there?
Even if everyone is camping Sat night, which is doubtful, there would be room for all the rigs with trailers. Just want everyone to feel welcome to go. I am sure it will be one to remember!!!!I wish I could, but my truck would never make it!!

DickDanger
09-06-2002, 05:21 PM
So far, I am thinking that the site should be large enough to support our group of deviants. I should be there fairly early on Sat, by that I mean around noon time. I will be flying a banner both at the campsite, and then again on the sandbar Sunday, so everyone knows where the group is (like it would be hard to miss!!!) -DD Out

boatnam2
09-06-2002, 05:43 PM
so what is the number for reservations?

lovemyultra
09-06-2002, 06:12 PM
The Mrs and I would like to come and meet all of you we went to rwyb and I got sick and didnt last HOPE TO SEE YA DJ & JULIE

09-06-2002, 06:37 PM
DD my brotha whats up, I'm going to be there Sunday & my ? is would it be a problem if I brought my boat up Saturday night ( that is if I have the motor back in) & left it there for the night so it's not a pain in the ass trying to tow it up there Sunday morn w/ traffic & all that?

DickDanger
09-06-2002, 07:44 PM
Mr B, we have already made the reservations at Group Site "C", so there is no need for you to make a reservation. 6741, if ya wanna bring your boat up Sat night, we can keep an eye on it for ya, no worries at all.

bigorangefan
09-06-2002, 07:47 PM
My son is getting married next weekend :confused: and we are still waiting for my motor :mad: (f*&%*$g Mercury) to finish our boat. I vote for October :D
"damm right" I would back RD in a barfight :cool:

boatnam2
09-06-2002, 07:48 PM
cool were there!

Chestah Cheetah
09-06-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey DD, add Monkey to that list, he'll be showing up on Saturday night with his entourage. I think it's about that time to wreck some silvers and slur our speech. I'll be coimg down with a band of biker chicks from North Dakota, they can drink most of us under the table.......I'll have the local paramedics on standby.

glamis
09-06-2002, 08:48 PM
hey im in i havent been around for a while but im there

WILD LAVEY
09-07-2002, 08:55 AM
looks like this is shaping up better than last years pyramid summer blowout.

shockwaveharry
09-07-2002, 10:06 AM
We'll be there early sunday morning. I'll be upset if everyone gets burned out from saturday night and goes home early! Bunch of rowdy, no good, beer drinking, don't know when to say when... :D

DickDanger
09-07-2002, 08:13 PM
SWH, I dont think that ya have to worry about us leaving early. We are good for most of the day before the Zzzzzzz's creep in. In Chestahs case, he seems to not need any sleep at all. Woooooooooooo-hoooooooooooo!!! -DD Out

missboatnam1
09-07-2002, 10:47 PM
my .02 if you cant bring your kids because of tits and ass on this trip then us as a club wehave a big problem.....we all can have fun and be with our kids at the same time....drinking can be contolled, so can the rest, kids make more fun, they say the dammest things.....just everyone think about other people's place in this....ok?????
p.s. tina loves kids boatnam
[ September 07, 2002, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: missboatnam1 ]

NashvilleBound
09-08-2002, 07:30 AM
missboatnam1: Our kids are going and I can guarantee you there will NOT be any behavior problems from others. Last time we partied till middle of the night and it all went great. I can't see where this would be any differnet. Less CC's pre-running activities of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
We will have the "tent" for them to hangout in as well with PS1 available. Its quite a tent... wink From the 20 or so people we have met, that don't have kids, I don't think any would disrespect us (or themselves) in front of them.
We all seem to have the same goal...
Having a good time.

JetBoatRich
09-08-2002, 08:14 AM
My kids, Daughter Just turned 13 and boy turning 6 will be with me. They love to camp and have fun. The wife and I like Margaritas by the camp fire and nothing has gotten out of hand before, so I wouldn't expect it on this trip. :D wink

Windy
09-08-2002, 08:49 AM
We are definately there on sunday. We'll be with Whipped Caliber and his very cool wife.
MissHBjet
And dont worry I will leave my dog at home....HE, HE.
[ September 23, 2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Harlem
09-09-2002, 08:00 AM
Id be in for that trip, There is just one problem! Im getting married Oct.12!!!! In Laughlin!!! I rented a beach house right accross from the River palms and at 5:30pm am getting married right on the river!!!
If the date was in Sept. Id Be there!!!

bohica
09-09-2002, 09:43 AM
Hey 1stepcloser,
I'm not bringing my boat, Don't want to tow it home from Havasu, and a 34' is pretty big for Pyramid. I could tow your boat behind my motorhome for you. I store the moho in Chino, off of Resevoir and Riverside, across the street from Joeys BBQ, so I would guess that I'm pretty close to you. let me know if you need help.

jet4fun
09-09-2002, 10:41 AM
i hope you all have fun, i am sorry i can not make this one. im sure you guys can find a way to have fun without my presence (although cc wont have his favorite spotter). once i am back down there next year we gotta get together, maybe for a "robert finally got a decent job" party

Instigator28
09-09-2002, 11:43 AM
I am in for October. I will be a Sunday arrival and that will probably be my new sons first time on the water (10 days old now. That will be 4 of us (Me, wife, 2 1/2 year old daughter and 6 week old son).
Whew hew! I'm no longer dry docked baby. Bring on the water.

PussyPusher
09-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Im in I will have 4 adults and maybe a 2 1/2 year old with me. Hopefully with the motorhome.
Cant wait, Hey Robert sorry you cant make it man. We will have fun for ya though
Shawn

HTM Lady
09-09-2002, 02:36 PM
OK Chestah Cheetah.
your not playing nice again.(LOL) No need to egg him on. Just dont give any discriptions of me or my alcohol intake for that day and Ill be alright. It was great to meet you guys and look forward to seeing you at this little blow out.

1stepcloser
09-09-2002, 02:41 PM
bohica:
Hey 1stepcloser,
I'm not bringing my boat, Don't want to tow it home from Havasu, and a 34' is pretty big for Pyramid. I could tow your boat behind my motorhome for you. I store the moho in Chino, off of Resevoir and Riverside, across the street from Joeys BBQ, so I would guess that I'm pretty close to you. let me know if you need help.Wow thats a great offer, I live just east of there about 1 mile. off moountain and riverside. I may go up sunday morning, but with this offer, I could have a better time going up saturday with the trailer...
I'm gonna check things out at home, see whats up for saturday. I'll get back to you soon.
THANKS!!

lovemyultra
09-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Dick if we want to bring our motorhome should we get another site so everybody has plenty of room I just want to make sure we have enough of everything for everybody THANKS DJ& JULIE

NashvilleBound
09-10-2002, 06:55 PM
I recieved the confirmation letter from the park today so we are officially set. There will be plenty of room for everyone!!!!!
Has anyone ever brought a motorhome there? It said no motorhomes??? Chaddyshack brings our tent and its 37 feet, I dont get it unless they really dont care. Dickie....were gonna need a head count of overnighters.... I will get a second site if necessary.....

sandblasted
09-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Damn, this sounds like one raging party but the ole 'Blasted' is turning 40 (yep, I'll be an official old fart) on oct 14th. heading to the river with some friends for one final trip this year...Can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday..
have a blast and post some friggin pictures of the party!!

DickDanger
09-10-2002, 07:24 PM
Good point, NB. Alright everyone, within the next couple of days, please try to figure out if you will be camping on Sat night, so we can make sure that there is enough room for all. I am sure that I am gonna have my trailer there, so theres one for sure, plus Chaddyshacks funhouse. -DD Out

79Hawaiian
09-10-2002, 10:59 PM
jet4fun:
i hope you all have fun, i am sorry i can not make this one. im sure you guys can find a way to have fun without my presence (although cc wont have his favorite spotter). once i am back down there next year we gotta get together, maybe for a "robert finally got a decent job" partyAll im hearin is excuses, not solutions! Make it so number one...

andy01
09-11-2002, 07:28 AM
Hustler:
Well it looks like we may make it out for this trip. I'm bringing the boat home after next weekend so we will be doing a little more local boating for the rest of the seasonGood because I didn't want to have to walk on water! Back to the Hustler!! "The Hustler, you may stray but at some point you end up back in it!"
Andy

24RODjr
09-11-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm so far out of it on this thread....Is this thing hapnin or what?

DickDanger
09-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Okay, to bring everyone up to speed, this thing is most definitely happening. Heres what we know so far:
NashvilleBound was good enough to reserve Group Site "C" for October 12-13. This is a LARGE campsite that will accomodate many boats, as well as trailers, motorhomes, etc.
I will be bringing a propane BBQ for the Sat night grill out.
There will be a banner flying at the campsite Sat, and on the Sandbar Sunday. I am having it made right now. It says something like "Pyramid Lake Summer Blowout, Welcome Hot Boaters!" Pretty catchy huh? Lol.
Anyone that plans on tenting it needs to bring either 1. warm clothes as it does get cold there at night, or 2. plenty of beer so that the temp drop wont affect you.
Also, if you are going to show up Sunday only, you need to be there early, as the lines start forming VERY early. Since it will be in Oct. the lines may have thinned out, but dont take my word as gospel.
There you have it!!! Any questions, please feel free to drop me an e mail.....-DD Out
[ September 11, 2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

boatnam2
09-11-2002, 05:07 PM
we will be rolling in a 32ft motorhome if the body shop completes the fenders missb reshaped ealier this year.if not sunday only will know this week.

JustMVG
09-11-2002, 09:17 PM
We're there for sure, now will anyone be getting out to the sandbar on saturday , because we are going to have some stuff to do here at home and then will be cruisin' out after 9am, to stay for the evening, we have the Excursion and will sleep in there. Just wanted to see if gettin out on the water would be worth it. Let me know what we need to bring as far as extra for everyone.
Thanks Mike V G and family

NashvilleBound
09-12-2002, 05:05 AM
We will be there on Friday morning. We like the flat water of the weekdays for skiing. ChaddyShack should be with us. Saturday should be a sandbar day till early afternoon so we can get back and get everyone camping. As it getscloser I will get a head count so we can possibly have a raging feast Saturday night. Glad you can make it. NB

24RODjr
09-12-2002, 07:04 AM
This sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. Mrs. ROD jr and I are there sat morning for all the weekend fun! I'll see if I can't get the older folks (pop?) and the boatless folks (Playtime...syke-o?) in as well. We'll be tentin' it.
Look forward to meeting all the board peeps!

DickDanger
09-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Well, for a summer blowout, I am hoping that it is BIG fun!!!! If you are tenting it, dont forget the thermal underwear as well. I am just about done getting the banner made, and it should be ready by next week. -DD Out

Chaddyshack
09-14-2002, 07:00 AM
NB and I will see you all there. We are heading up Friday morning to get the glassy water and to "prepare" for CC and the El Patron!!! Look forward to seeing you all there!!
P.S. look for the my stobe lit red 2500hd crew cab and NB's gold F-450 crew cab with his boat
CC...looking forward to another dance party in front of the lights :D

JetBoatRich
09-14-2002, 08:38 AM
What is the latest count?

NashvilleBound
09-14-2002, 02:55 PM
As far as I can tell we have about 2 dozen campers and close to the same for Sunday arrivals. We are going to OWN the sandbar!

shockwaveharry
09-14-2002, 06:39 PM
DickDanger:
...Also, if you are going to show up Sunday only, you need to be there early, as the lines start forming VERY early. Since it will be in Oct. the lines may have thinned out, but dont take my word as gospel.
How early is early?

WILD LAVEY
09-14-2002, 06:56 PM
shockwaveharry, early is no later than 7 am. last couple times i went there, i got there at seven and waited in line for about an hour.

shockwaveharry
09-14-2002, 07:26 PM
WILD LAVEY
[QB]shockwaveharry, early is no later than 7 am...QB]...So that means I'd have to be up by 5:00am. I don't know if I can set my alarm to go off that early on a sunday! wink

NashvilleBound
09-15-2002, 05:44 AM
shockwaveharry:
WILD LAVEY
[QB]shockwaveharry, early is no later than 7 am...QB]...So that means I'd have to be up by 5:00am. I don't know if I can set my alarm to go off that early on a sunday! wink Thats sleeping in an hour for me.... just DO IT!!!!! You'll be fine. We'll even harrass you if your cranky :D :D :D :D

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 07:02 AM
[/QUOTE]Thats sleeping in an hour for me.... just DO IT!!!!! You'll be fine. We'll even harrass you if your cranky :D :D :D :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
NB, I swear if you get me up that early :mad: you had better be talking dirty to me and have your lips in this kind of configuration ---> :o !!
:D

NashvilleBound
09-15-2002, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
[ September 15, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:08 PM
NashvilleBound:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p is that short for um um good?

NashvilleBound
09-15-2002, 12:09 PM
LMAO.....uh...NO.

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:12 PM
NashvilleBound:
LMAO.....uh...NO.sure? Cuz....I could have swore that is what that meant.....DD told me!!! :D :D

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:12 PM
NashvilleBound:
LMAO.....uh...NO.sure??? That is what DD told me!!!! :D :D

NashvilleBound
09-15-2002, 12:15 PM
You know better than to listen to ol' Dickie..... Remember, he's the one who said it would be ok for CC to go pre-running in the middle of the night last time! And look what happened.... :)

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:18 PM
You have to reflect on DD's state of mind at the time the "alleged" comments were made!!! besides, we are taking CC's keys this time to avoid any further problems!!!
Anybody have a wagon we can let CC use?

JustMVG
09-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Why not give CC a radio controlled car for the late night fun, cheaper than another tow truck episode .

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:53 PM
MandMVG:
Why not give CC a radio controlled car for the late night fun, cheaper than another tow truck episode .Actually, I don't think anything is sacred!!!

Chaddyshack
09-15-2002, 12:55 PM
MandMVG:
Why not give CC a radio controlled car for the late night fun, cheaper than another tow truck episode .Actually if we just find him a woman, he won't feel the need to leave home!!!!
Where you at CC???? :D

NashvilleBound
09-15-2002, 02:35 PM
We could bring my old Clod Buster and let him have a shot at keeping IT ON the road! How about some remote pyrotechnics (ya) to keep him on his toes. wink

sandblasted
09-15-2002, 08:40 PM
NashvilleBound:
As far as I can tell we have about 2 dozen campers and close to the same for Sunday arrivals. We are going to OWN the sandbar!Crap, almost makes me feel sad I'll be at the river that weekend! this sounds like one hell of a party! I'll have to get the after party details from jetboatrich...have a great weekend!!

Wicked1
09-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Whats up fellas I havent been around,,thanks to life's grand problems of growing up....I been trying to catch up...How was jEt4funs going away outing? Well I got the trip planned for the 12 and 13 But not sure yet if i will be camping sat. nite or showing up sunday morning either way Ill be there hopefullly....Oh and when i got home from the first pyramid bash I checked the pump and found the culprit for ending the day ealry sucked up a couple of sticks..
[ September 15, 2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Wicked1 ]

Wicked1
09-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Oh and my cuz will be there with the carne asada
[ September 15, 2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Wicked1 ]

rivercutie
09-16-2002, 01:22 PM
most likely going to be there sunday morning..

1stepcloser
09-16-2002, 01:35 PM
O.K. I just got word, due to my Saturday night schedule, I wont be camping, But, I'll be up early sunday morning.
Bringing some Famous (locally anyway) beef and chicken kabobs...
And Beer.
[ September 16, 2002, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: 1stepcloser ]

boatnam2
09-16-2002, 01:41 PM
just came back from giant rv in corona,the brand new one you can see off the 91.update on the motorhome they have had it going on 3 months and so far they have pulled the rear bumper off bondoed one little scratch. 2 hours work max.damm and we think boat service is shitty!might just be rolling up sinday if things dont change soon.

DickDanger
09-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Damn, that sucks Mr B. Wicked, look forward to seeing you and the cuz again. 1Step, its all good. CC will NOT be doing anymore late night excursions this trip, as he will be relegated to riding a Big Wheel. RC, dont forget to bring that friend of yours that always stares at my crotch. NB & CC, make sure that the outriggers are hooked onto the "ChaddyShack" so as not ta tip it over. -Dick "Does this proposition involve me dressing as Little Bo Peep?" Danger out

rivercutie
09-16-2002, 09:11 PM
DD you wish she was staring at your crotch..

DickDanger
09-17-2002, 06:07 PM
Heh heh heh!!!!! -Dick "Crotchless" Danger out

RiverToysJas
09-17-2002, 06:21 PM
DickDanger:
Heh heh heh!!!!! -Dick "Crotchless" Danger outDon't be so hard on yourself DD! I'm always hearing your name and "big dick" in the same sentance! :p
[ September 17, 2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

DickDanger
09-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Hahahaha RTJ!!! In the immortal words of Ed McMahon "You are correct, sir!!!" I am one of the most opinionated people I have ever met. Unlike some other people, I am always willing to turn my criticisms around on myself, and laugh at my shortcomings. What can I do, other than be Dick Danger??? Its aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall good!!! -DD Out
P.S. If you show up to Pyramid, I am gonna throw a Krispy Kreme box at ya. Ask 79 Hawaiian about that one!!!
[ September 17, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

RiverToysJas
09-17-2002, 08:05 PM
DickDanger:
P.S. If you show up to Pyramid, I am gonna throw a Krispy Kreme box at ya. Better get that box ready, I'm planning to attend! My wife will catch that box long before it ever gets w/i arms reach of me though!!! wink

JustMVG
09-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Is this a mullet optional weekend??
Mike VG

Chaddyshack
09-17-2002, 09:31 PM
DD,
NB and I talked with Chestah today about his lack of response he advised he is down with this weekend and his company took away his PC so that is why he hasn't been posting.
I know a few others have asked this, but what is the "camper" count up to so those of us arriving early can make necessary parking accomodations (crime scene tape ect....????)

jet4fun
09-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Wicked1:
Whats up fellas I havent been around,,thanks to life's grand problems of growing up....I been trying to catch up...How was jEt4funs going away outing? Well I got the trip planned for the 12 and 13 But not sure yet if i will be camping sat. nite or showing up sunday morning either way Ill be there hopefullly....Oh and when i got home from the first pyramid bash I checked the pump and found the culprit for ending the day ealry sucked up a couple of sticks..yeah man, where the hell ya been? i sent you one of those nifty little private messages that nobody ever reads (wassup wit dat). by the way the goin away party was fun without you :p .
just for everyones info the fire academey is kickin my ass eek! and i love it.

09-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jet4funqb]just for everyones info the fire academey is kickin my ass eek! and i love it.[/QB][/QUOTE]
So what's up you droppin some LBS

JustMVG
09-17-2002, 11:17 PM
How many Jets are going to be going?
Maybe a group Roost boost could be arranged?
Mike VG :D

75_Elim
09-18-2002, 02:25 PM
MandMVG:
How many Jets are going to be going?
Maybe a group Roost boost could be arranged?
Mike VG :D There should be at least 5 Jets that I know of that can throw up a nice wall. A group pic of that would be cool.
Hey 6741, Will your ride be ready for this? If not I can always use a deck hand on my boat. Let me know.

DickDanger
09-18-2002, 04:44 PM
For those that need the info, DD will be proudly flying a mullet at Pyramid, so get ready!!! I have been growing it for over a month, and have a month left. I want a haircut so bad it is killing me!!!! But, a deals a deal. Anyhow, once again, as we get within 1-2 weeks of the event, we need to know who is camping, and who is not. RTJ, I am glad ta see that you will be making the trip, and that my offensiveness has not scared you away. -DD Out

NashvilleBound
09-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Since I don't have a jet, I have a real boat..Ooopps, did I say that out loud....sorry. jk, of course. I will take some footage of it so I can pull a pic out that everyone looks good on. Will be bringing the video camera this time so beware!

jet4fun
09-18-2002, 06:20 PM
So what's up you droppin some LBS[/QB]yeah, im catchin up to your fat ass, so watch out.

JetBoatRich
09-18-2002, 08:23 PM
We were thinking coming up Friday night, if that does not work it would be Saturday afternoon. I don't want to keep moving the RV to launch the boat, etc.
I'm in for the JET picture.

09-18-2002, 09:29 PM
There should be at least 5 Jets that I know of that can throw up a nice wall. A group pic of that would be cool.
Hey 6741, Will your ride be ready for this? If not I can always use a deck hand on my boat. Let me know.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Jerry whats up bro my motor should be done next week & I'm hoping to have it all broke in by then. If not deck hand will do the job I I captain over & out!!!!

09-18-2002, 09:55 PM
jet4fun:
So what's up you droppin some LBSyeah, im catchin up to your fat ass, so watch out.[/QB]Hey bro I'm only asking because I care. You don't have to bring my fat ass into it, you are taking that Sunday off & bringin your XXXL ass down hear right?

Chestah Cheetah
09-20-2002, 07:26 PM
NashvilleBound:
We could bring my old Clod Buster and let him have a shot at keeping IT ON the road! How about some remote pyrotechnics (ya) to keep him on his toes. wink Now you're talkin'! We don't need no stinkin' power steering.
It's a damn shame nobody else opted for Chestah's Camp Valet services, "guaranteed to park your rig in a creative yet minimally damaging position."
Chaddyshack:
NB and I talked with Chestah today about his lack of response he advised he is down with this weekend and his company took away his PC so that is why he hasn't been posting. So I take it you guys didn't believe my kidnapped by a band of Costa Rican guerillas to work as a rodeo clown for cheese crust pizza story? BTW Chaddy, tell "Georgia" to have some southern belles shipped over for this little shindig, we're gonna need some Southern hospitality.
Hey DD, am I still crashing in your trailer? Where are you going to sleep? BTW, email me your number.
I truly believe we should make the most of this trip, because I don't think we'll ever be allowed at Pyramid again (if I get my way). he he he

NashvilleBound
09-21-2002, 04:54 AM
Glad to see you back. We thought you fell in :D I think were now going up Thursday night just to beat traffic. Let us know if you need anything.... Maybe I should rephrase that????

79Hawaiian
09-22-2002, 08:11 PM
I have a jet but no hardware to throw a roost. I do however have a digital camera. We should be able to set something up that would be real cool! Then again I would much rather be taking pictures of breasts than your water nozzles... :)
[ September 22, 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: 79Hawaiian ]

RiverDave2
09-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Not to sound too much like a "priss" but do they have showers there etc???
RD

1stepcloser
09-23-2002, 09:54 AM
Yo, "Priss", check your PM

RiverToysJas
09-23-2002, 10:12 AM
RiverDave2:
Not to sound too much like a "priss" but do they have showers there etc??? Showers? No problem RD, you'll be "golden"!!! wink

RiverDave2
09-23-2002, 11:19 AM
1stepcloser:
Yo, "Priss", check your PMThat's all I needed to hear 1step. :)
I'm definately game now.
RD

NashvilleBound
09-23-2002, 02:59 PM
RD: I think the word "Golden" in his post can be taken a few different ways :D lol.... Either way there is a shower for you...

Wicked1
09-23-2002, 07:26 PM
looks to be a big turn out..Nashville I got a case of cold Corona's for you and chaddyshack.. Hey chesta my cousin is taking his 4 by blazer gain,,you can finish the rest of that sentence!!!I will be one jet short in my crew of what was three...My cuz just grenaded his motor leaving the channel in havasu this past weekend..So will see how bad he wants to take his boat up that weekend? See you all there.....

NashvilleBound
09-24-2002, 08:27 AM
Sorry to hear about his motor. I'm all good with the Coronas tho this trip we wont be drinking heavily as we, most likely, will have the kids with us. There is a time and place for everything. This way I can video everyone at their best wink
NB

NashvilleBound
09-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Heres who's coming....
Dick Danger
Chestah Cheetah
NashvilleBound
ChaddyShack
MandMVG
JetBoatRich
BowTieRick
24Rodjr
Nextasex
MissHBjet
Bohica
1Stepcloser
RiverDave
Hustler
PussyPusher
lovemyultra
BigOrangeFan
Glamis
ShockWaveHarry
Instigator28
HTMLady
Wicked1
RiverCutie
79 Hawaiian
RverToyJas
WildLavey
Bordsmnj
Boatnams
75_Elim
IN2Deep
WhippedCaliber
Thor
If I missed you, write. If your camping let me know. Only a couple made it clear they were going to be there Sat night.... I could use a "Camping" head count with what type of rigs you will bring. Shaping up to be quite a party!!!!

missboatnam1
09-24-2002, 09:25 AM
dave, we will be in a rv, probly heaing down friday night..... :D

1stepcloser
09-24-2002, 09:30 AM
NashvilleBound:
If your camping let me know. Only a couple made it clear they were going to be there Sat night.... I could use a "Camping" head count with what type of rigs you will bring. Shaping up to be quite a party!!!!I'm coming up on sturday afternoon (probably around 6:00 - 7:00). Bringing a 25' fifth wheel, and a Blender. wink

Havasu Hangin'
09-24-2002, 09:36 AM
Count on ole HH and crew for Sunday morning...

HBjet
09-24-2002, 10:10 AM
NashvilleBound:
Heres who's coming....
Dick Danger
Chestah Cheetah
NashvilleBound
ChaddyShack
MandMVG
JetBoatRich
BowTieRick
24Rodjr
Nextasex
HBjet
MissHBjet
Bohica
1Stepcloser
RiverDave
Hustler
PussyPusher
lovemyultra
BigOrangeFan
Glamis
ShockWaveHarry
Instigator28
HTMLady
Wicked1
RiverCutie
79 Hawaiian
RverToyJas
WildLavey
Bordsmnj
Boatnams
75_Elim
IN2Deep
WhippedCaliber
Thor
If I missed you, write.Well, nice try, but MissHBjet won't be there without me! So count me in too.

NashvilleBound
09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
I should have been more specific, sorry. All those listed and their crews, spouses, kids, significant others and CC's blow up doll "Monkey"! Really only need to get a rig count for parking accomodations from the overnighters. We'll be there from Thursday night on....

Chaddyshack
09-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey Everybody!!! Had some hydroplane races to put on over the weekend. Glad to see you made it back CC... anyway, the "shack" will be there as well as the strobes Thurday thru Saturday night. If anybody is coming up early let Nashville or myself know and we'll keep an eye out for ya. Wicked, I'm making room for the Coronas!!!!!

picklefork1
09-24-2002, 11:56 AM
What was the decided weekend, if it happens to be the October date - I will be representin for the 909
PICKLEFORK1 in the HIZouse! Chestah I'll bring ya a 40 of old E

JustMVG
09-24-2002, 01:46 PM
We'll be showing up Sat. late morn early aft. get on the lake and staying over night, can you still rent slips overnight? Boat slips, i mean!!
See ya Mike VG

NashvilleBound
09-24-2002, 03:39 PM
Mike, I have never heard of that. If you find that you can let us know. It would be cool not to have to launch 3 days in a row. Ya think 7 blenders will be enough?????

1stepcloser
09-24-2002, 04:01 PM
RiverDave:
What a coincidence I'm bringing my blender as well.
Yes, but your blender is way more cool than mine.. http://www.plauder-smilies.com/person/pirate2.gif
Nashvillebound:
Ya think 7 blenders will be enough????? Barely... http://www.plauder-smilies.com/party/drink.gif
[ September 24, 2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: 1stepcloser ]

JustMVG
09-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Sorry Dave, we'll be bringing the Excursion, and our boat, if the kids come than maybe a tent for them , Mrs. M and i will be in the truck sleeping.
See ya. Mike and Margaret

79Hawaiian
09-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Im in for Saturday night, bringing my pickup, boat, tent, and an ice chest. Oh yes.

09-24-2002, 07:54 PM
NashvilleBound:
Heres who's coming....
Dick Danger
Chestah Cheetah
NashvilleBound
ChaddyShack
MandMVG
JetBoatRich
BowTieRick
24Rodjr
Nextasex
MissHBjet
Bohica
1Stepcloser
RiverDave
Hustler
PussyPusher
lovemyultra
BigOrangeFan
Glamis
ShockWaveHarry
Instigator28
HTMLady
Wicked1
RiverCutie
79 Hawaiian
RverToyJas
WildLavey
Bordsmnj
Boatnams
75_Elim
IN2Deep
WhippedCaliber
Thor
If I missed you, write. If your camping let me know. Only a couple made it clear they were going to be there Sat night.... I could use a "Camping" head count with what type of rigs you will bring. Shaping up to be quite a party!!!!NB DD I posted earlier that I might want to bring my boat up Saturday night & drop it off then come up Sunday morning.Well scratch that I'm gonna come up Saturday night & camp,one boat one truck

DickDanger
09-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Wooo-hooooo!!! It is definitely shaping up to be the blowout that I hoped for. I am in Seattle as we speak, and will not be back until Sunday. Anyhow, I will for sure be there on Saturday afternoon to set up "Camp Dangerous". Just remember: those questionable circumstances that happen at the river, STAY AT THE RIVER!!!! -Dick "I thought I was in Washington DC!!!" Danger out

JetBoatRich
09-25-2002, 03:33 AM
What time will everyone show up on Saturday, a couple weeks away.

JetBoatRich
09-25-2002, 03:34 AM
Do you suggest a chase vehicle to launch the boat, the ramp and parking seems tough with a bigger RV.

lovemyultra
09-25-2002, 07:08 PM
The Mrs and I are not going to make it, I have a job thing in Phoenix just found out about

bigorangefan
09-25-2002, 07:25 PM
If any of you are going to form a convoy going up on Friday after 3:00pm, do you mind if me and the Mrs. tag along?, also is it a primitive camping only facility?, or can you bring an RV?, whatever the case do we need to reserve a spot or is it first come first serve? Who do I need to send some $$$$ to for reservations? :confused: Oh yeah, my blender is a virgin eek! lets ride it like seattle slu in the home stretch :D :D

boatnam2
09-25-2002, 07:42 PM
well it looks as though the motorhome is going to be done.i think the raskals and maybe the hustlers or hustler might be staying with us.i dont think i will tell them about my farting problem until we get there.never towed the lavey with the motorhome but there always a first.

bigorangefan
09-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Jim, you can't shit a shitter :D Tina already told me about that Viper v-10 with the Hennessey package you dropped in the coach last month (he he) first initial run was 110 up the cajon without nitrus :D

RiverToysJas
09-25-2002, 07:54 PM
Mr. boatnam2, you have mail!

boatnam2
09-25-2002, 08:13 PM
bof is the conquest going to be ready to roll.

boatnam2
09-25-2002, 08:20 PM
right back at ya lavey man rtj!

missboatnam1
09-25-2002, 10:12 PM
LuvMyUltra, what a bummer, you guys really need to put some effort into going!!!!!!! its the last bang of the year (so we say)..... :p

partyfever
09-25-2002, 10:24 PM
going to try
hoe to be their
going to bein pismo all paddeled up for the sand season the next week end,
butif wemake it rd you have a place to stay !!!!
damn i sound like a flake hu ,
kinda like dick danger
se yap.f
ps
hope to party with ya dick been missing ya for a year!!!

NashvilleBound
09-26-2002, 04:36 AM
BigOF: No worries as the site is already ours. I prepaid it a month ago. Fri PM...your all good.

bigorangefan
09-26-2002, 05:11 AM
Jim; the Conquest is ready to roll and I will be leaving for Havasu Friday mourning.
Thanks Jeff and be sure to send me the praticulars as soon as possible. Also, if there is anything I can do to help organize the event, just tell me what to do.
Thanks;
Chris

andy01
09-26-2002, 07:44 AM
boatnam2:
i dont think i will tell them about my farting problem until we get there.
never towed the lavey with the motorhome but there always a first.It's far in and love and war! Watch that ass skinny, I will have you leaving your own motorhome!!
If you want I can tow the Lavey up with the crew cab.
Andy

boatnam2
09-26-2002, 10:22 AM
sounds like a challenge.this is why i only run one ac at night which just happens to be located right above me blowing to the front of the motorhome where you will be sleeping.j/k i might just take you up on your offer. the only part im worried about towing with the mh is putting the boat in the water you need a little space and seeing as ive never been to pyramid not quite sure what im dealing with.bof cant wait to see your boat and hopefully take a ride.

DickDanger
09-26-2002, 11:49 AM
PF, how bad would it be if I flaked for my OWN shindig???? Now that would be flaky!!!! Not gonna happen. CC, there is still room in the trailer if you need a place to crash. No, I dont mean taking the trailer 4xing and resting it up on a tree!!!! If you need a #, let me know, and I hook ya up. L8.....-Dick "Head and Shoulders" Danger out

79Hawaiian
09-26-2002, 12:02 PM
The ramp at Pyramid is not that bad, I have backed a 28ft motorhome down the ramp with no problems. Just a FYI if you have never been, the correct exit is Smokey Bear, not next one to the south (can't remember the name). It is kind of deceiving because the other one says "Lake Pyramid recreation area" and you can actually see the lake. There is a ramp there but it is for Jet Skis only and is very narrow. The campgrounds are off of Smokey Bear as well.

Eric455
09-26-2002, 12:11 PM
okay guys i guees this is what we got.
Dick Danger
Chestah Cheetah
NashvilleBound
ChaddyShack
MandMVG
JetBoatRich
BowTieRick
24Rodjr
Nextasex
MissHBjet
Bohica
1Stepcloser
RiverDave
Hustler
PussyPusher
lovemyultra
BigOrangeFan
Glamis
ShockWaveHarry
Instigator28
HTMLady
Wicked1
RiverCutie
79 Hawaiian
RverToyJas
WildLavey
Bordsmnj
Boatnams
75_Elim
IN2Deep
WhippedCaliber
Thor
>>Eric455<< add me in their too. i will be their from friday night to sunday night. as you all may know i dont drink. now i know that sounds crazy but i dont. now i got good news for all of you i'm bringing one of these http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/7/77/20/44577720qzlowV_ph.jpg
full of beer. now you guys tell me what kind you like. i'm also bringing her. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/BOAT_2.JPG
and let me tell you one more thing. were gonna have a blast and no one is gonna sleep on saturday night. we will probably take Marcels tahoe rock climbing and and whats that security guards name were gonna take the air out of his tires saturday night. lolol so come prepared have fun and would everyone who is bringing a boat please post a reply so we know. thanx. hey dick if you dont show up were gonna f......bur. yo.. boa.'s. anyway's hope to see you guys their and tell me what kind of beer and whos bringin boats. thanx
eric

JetBoatRich
09-26-2002, 12:59 PM
79Hawaiian:
The ramp at Pyramid is not that bad, I have backed a 28ft motorhome down the ramp with no problems. Just a FYI if you have never been, the correct exit is Smokey Bear, not next one to the south (can't remember the name). It is kind of deceiving because the other one says "Lake Pyramid recreation area" and you can actually see the lake. There is a ramp there but it is for Jet Skis only and is very narrow. The campgrounds are off of Smokey Bear as well.It's parking the motorhome in the lot after and trying to get it around that I worry about.

09-26-2002, 02:55 PM
jetboatrich you just sent me a PM about Pyramid & I think you wear trying to send it to eric

09-26-2002, 03:03 PM
were

JetBoatRich
09-26-2002, 03:17 PM
6741:
jetboatrich you just sent me a PM about Pyramid & I think you wear trying to send it to ericI probably did, were you able to forward it?

DickDanger
09-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Of course I am gonna be there...I planned this damn thing!!! (With help from NB and CS of course). And no, I dont plan on getting any sleep Saturday night at all. Eric455, as for brews Bullets and Coronas will do just fine. Maybe now is a good time to talk about the midnight wet t shirt contest? Heh heh heh...-DD Out

NashvilleBound
09-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I called the reservation desk today just to make sure all was ok-fine....the whole place is shut down! This fire has it all closed. So hopefully in 2 weeks it will be open again! But for everyone thats going..... I have taken care of any camping arraingments....any. All I need is to know your going and what day. Thats it. Just show up!

RiverDave2
09-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Dick.. I mean "Danger" :D Your a Fireman aren't ya?
Can you handle this bud or what?
RD

78Eliminator
09-26-2002, 04:22 PM
Hmmmmmm.................

Eric455
09-26-2002, 04:37 PM
hey guys find out if their gonna open in 2 wwek for sure if not then we all trespass. lol j/k man that will suck if they are closed for that weekend. keep us updated. thanx
eric

1stepcloser
09-26-2002, 04:51 PM
RiverDave:
Just outta curiosity what's involved with bringing a 5th wheel trailer? I'm going with another member from the boards and was just curious if we have to reserve a spot or anything like that.
Pay in Advance? etc..
RDRD, dont worry about a thing...I've done this lots of times...
Seriously, though, It's really a big campground, and, as long as its open, it wont be a problem. You just show up and we'll take care of the rest wink

RiverToysJas
09-26-2002, 05:14 PM
1stepcloser:
.....as long as its open, it wont be a problem.AS LONG AS IT'S OPEN???? I hope someone is checking into these things!!!
Otherwise who's house will 36 boaters with RVs and tents campout in front of???? wink

NashvilleBound
09-26-2002, 05:19 PM
No doubt....This "closed" deal lags! On the 5th wheel and motorhome stuff, this is a very spacious campground, tho primitive, CS and my rigs are both @60 feet and its no problem. There is fresh water and a dump station about a block away.

DickDanger
09-26-2002, 06:30 PM
Remember RD, I am a LESBIAN trapped in a mans body, only PRETENDING to be a fireman. I would guess that it should be "All systems go" come Oct 13. However, since I am in WA at the moment, I have no idea what that fire is doing. Any updates??? -DD Out
BTW, NB, I will be at Pyramid early Sat afternoon.
[ September 26, 2002, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

boatnam2
09-26-2002, 06:53 PM
there saying the fire will be going for a month that is bad news

lovemyultra
09-26-2002, 06:54 PM
miss boatnam we really want to, but it is an iterveiw for a job I have been waiting 4 years for. We cant wait to meet everybody
SEE YA DJ & JULIE

RiverToysJas
09-26-2002, 07:11 PM
boatnam2:
there saying the fire will be going for a month that is bad newsGuess we gotta push the dates back! Oh darn! Well at least I'll have my boat for sure!!! YEAH BABY!!!! wink :D

JetBoatRich
09-26-2002, 07:19 PM
I can't believe Pyramid is closed, it miles away from the current fire. :confused:
[ September 26, 2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

DickDanger
09-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Well, I am staying on track to go until I know FOR SURE that these dates arent going to work, and I guess we wont know until a few days prior. I am going to drop Pyramid Lake an e mail, and find out what the scoop is. I'll be damned if any fire is going to make me postpone finding out who will wear the crown of "Best Nipples of Pyramid Lake"!!! -DD Out
PS: The fire is 35% contained, and located 25 miles north of Asuza. How far from Pyramid is that???
[ September 26, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Hustler
09-26-2002, 09:02 PM
well as of right now we will be there sunday morning, as far as the fire goes I dont really understand why they would close piramid when the fire is in La Verne thats about 2 hours away, unless they have no fire fighter currently in the area and they are all at the La Verne fire. Dick? can you answer this? is this something that is done?

rivercrazy
09-26-2002, 09:11 PM
My guess is that they are using the lake for superscoopers and water heli's but who knows

boatnam2
09-26-2002, 09:12 PM
there trying to close down all camping for now just to try to avoid another fire starting, while so many resources are being used on the other fire.

RiverToysJas
09-26-2002, 09:28 PM
We should be able to contain the LARGE bon fire we have scheduled for Saturday night. I don't see a problem! :D
Remember, it's not a 'bon fire' unless you could see it from space!!! wink

79Hawaiian
09-26-2002, 10:10 PM
My boat WILL BE WET on Sunday PERIOD!!! Worse case it will be somewhere else but I am still going!

Eric455
09-26-2002, 10:43 PM
come one people lets have some positive attitudes and faith. please trust me the lake wil be open by then i have a friend that lives in Asuza and he invited us for a BBQ a couple days ago. if you all know what i mean. ( the fire was in his back yard) and he says its not as bad as is was so fire fighters and plains are doing their jobs. now lets just sit tight and be positive. ohh by the way their only using the lake for scooping water. thats all. but i will keep everyone informed. if you guys have questions e-mail me araik2000@earthlink.net thanx
eric

JustMVG
09-26-2002, 10:57 PM
I'm planning on going to Castaic on Sunday, maybe some of us can meet back in the cove on the east side. That is if the lake is even open to the public. I wanna throw some horseshoes and listen to some music and BS.

WILD LAVEY
09-27-2002, 01:40 AM
dont understand why the lake would be closed. azusa is about an hour away from the lake. and last time i checked its spreading towards the north east. trust me im keeping an eye on this fire cause i live in the foothills of azusa.

75_Elim
09-27-2002, 10:23 AM
This is the press release on the fire.
http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/angeles/visitor/news_release_closure-092402.htm
Date: September 24, 2002
701 N. Santa Anita Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST CLOSED TO ALL RECREATIONAL USE
Arcadia, CA…Effective immediately, the Angeles National Forest is closed to all recreational use because of the extreme fire danger. In making the announcement, Forest Supervisor Jody Cook said, "Our concern is for the safety of the public and for the fire fighters currently battling the Williams Fire. By taking this action, we are hoping to prevent future fire starts." The forest closure will be in effect through the end of the current fire season.
State Highway 2 is closed until 3:30 p.m. today. At that time it will open to commuters for through access; however, individuals cannot stop along the highway within the forest. Highway 39 remains closed. County roads, some of which will remain open, will also allow for through access only. All Forest Service roads within the Angeles National Forest are closed.
People holding special use permits for activities within the forest are asked to contact the local Angeles National Forest District Rangers for permission to access their site. Permission will be determined on a case-by-case basis. For the Santa Clara/Mojave area, call (661) 296-9710; for the Tujunga/Los Angeles River area, call (818) 899-1900; and for the San Gabriel/Mt Baldy area call (626) 335-1251.
For continuing updates on the Williams Fire, please contact Fire Information at (626) 821-6700.

Hustler
09-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Well that sounds like this party just got axed

RiverToysJas
09-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Back to Lake Smellmomore! If there's still any water there.......

78Eliminator
09-27-2002, 10:54 AM
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's right down the street from my house!!!

Hustler
09-27-2002, 10:55 AM
78Eliminator:
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's right down the street from my house!!!hence the smellsomemore name......J/K :D

78Eliminator
09-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Hustler:
78Eliminator:
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's right down the street from my house!!!hence the smellsomemore name......J/K :D I thought it was from the dead hookers at the bottom of the lake....

Hustler
09-27-2002, 10:59 AM
78Eliminator:
Hustler:
78Eliminator:
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's right down the street from my house!!!hence the smellsomemore name......J/K :D I thought it was from the dead hookers at the bottom of the lake....Oh yea!! who put them there? wink

NashvilleBound
09-27-2002, 02:08 PM
I called this Jody Shmodel Cooks office of the Forest service (private line626-574-1613) dont tell anyone! and am awaiting a call back. Sounds like it will be closed till the end of Oct. Wait till I hear something, on the off chance its good news, before we bombard her office with irate callers! It's not looking good, any ideas? Trying Los Alamos Reservations (1-800-416-6992) and the campground (1-661-248-6575) but cant seem to get through. I will update ASAP.
NB
[ September 27, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

DickDanger
09-27-2002, 02:12 PM
As of right now, as I stated earlier, I wont be making any decisions until I know FOR SURE that the lake & campground will not be open on that weekend. In the event that it is not, maybe a backup plan is in order. BUT, FOR NOW, lets try to keep the Pyramid deal on track.
I am all about having a backup plan, so if there are any suggestions, lets hear em. This f**king fire...if I werent in WA right now, I would drive down there and piss on that thing. -DD Out
NB, just read your post. Thanks for looking into this. If this is closed due to the fire, I am gonna be extremely pissed.
[ September 27, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

JetBoatRich
09-27-2002, 02:31 PM
Come on DD everyone is counting on you? :confused: :confused:
Not sure if that is safe

09-27-2002, 03:10 PM
WTF

NashvilleBound
09-27-2002, 04:08 PM
I offered a bribe and I talked to the higher ups with no luck! The Pyramid gig sounds weak. I have a plan...should I spill it????? I've been calling around for the last 3 hours to get us something.
Ok, here it is....
I called Castaic lake (its that or nothin' so quit whining!) and they have a campground (7 ac.)that can fit up to 150 of us together. We can park any way we like. Its up on the upper West Ramp area. I think its a nice spot. Very private. Its primitive like the other but at least ITS NOT CLOSED DOWN!!!! I can get it for us if ya'll like, tell me whats up....
At least its a back up
[ September 27, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

boatnam2
09-27-2002, 04:20 PM
im with rtj we could take over cranes at lake smellsomeore but its an hour and a half closer drive for me so im kinda biased.were down for anywhere.

NashvilleBound
09-27-2002, 04:23 PM
I agree, Cranes would be killer and a 2 hour shorter drive for me too. But Elsinore??? Is there even any water in that, that, green pond? I'm just trying to keep the party from dying.
:D

NashvilleBound
09-27-2002, 06:19 PM
I will NOT put my boat in Smellsandlookslikeshittsommore. If its there, We're out. I think we should just wait and see what goes on with Pyramid. :confused:

Chestah Cheetah
09-27-2002, 06:29 PM
My pool is a little cleaner than Smellsmore, why don't we just BBQ at the house and everyone can take turns dropping their boats in the pool. We can even stick a skier in the shower and run the line back to the boat in the pool.........Don't forget the plug, my homeowners policy is kinda weak, no coverage for boats sunk in the pool..........My poolman is going to hate me.

DickDanger
09-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Okay gang, I hate this as much as anyone else, but we need a contingency here. So far, I am with NB in keepin' the faith, but in case Pyramid doesnt pan out, we need a plan. Here are the - and + that I see comparing Elsinore and Castaic...
1. Elsinore
Good:
Speed Alley
Close for many people
Cranes
Bad:
Shitty water
Overabundance of undesirables on the weekend (no, I dont mean our group)
Its in the city of Elsinore
2. Castaic:
Good:
Nice, decent lake
Better water
Castaic Canyon
Bad:
Anal cops, undercover cops, and punk ass lifeguards
The Houdini trick that is needed to drink alcohol there
Long drive for many
I really dont wanna pull the plug on Pyramid until after next weekend at LEAST.
Sooooo, lets do this the democratic way ( I think). Whoever is FOR SHORE gonna be there, I say: "One boat, one vote"
I have to lean towards Castaic, as much as the rules piss me off. I have never had my boat in PissSomeMore, and never will. (Shouldnt say never, I can make an exception) Can you imagine what that green water would do to the Disco Ball????
The only other thing I can think of, is that we have a monster blowout all night party at my house on Sat night, and then blow the f**king doors off of Elsinore the next morning. (If the vote goes that way). But that is only a suggestion.
-DD Out
[ September 27, 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

RiverToysJas
09-27-2002, 07:39 PM
DickDanger:
Bad:
Shitty water
Overabundance of undesirables on the weekend (no, I dont mean our group)
Its in the city of Elsinore
Shitty water yes, but in mid-October I doubt there will be many "undesirables". Run What Ya Brung we nearly had the lake to ourselves.
As for being in the city of Elinsore, it's closer to my house and earier to drive to than the grapevine.
So there's only one Bad for Elsinore, the water. But I'm boating not swimming!!! wink
I think this is all about nothing anyway. Pyramid will be happen!!!
[ September 27, 2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

Hustler
09-27-2002, 07:51 PM
What about perris? I have not been there in years but they do have camping (on the Lake) and from what I remember the water is clean. just a suggestion.

Windy
09-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Hustler:
What about perris? I have not been there in years but they do have camping (on the Lake) and from what I remember the water is clean. just a suggestion.But you have to deal with the park rangers...member Randys story Joe.
MissHBjet

RiverToysJas
09-27-2002, 08:47 PM
MissHBjet:
But you have to deal with the park rangers...member Randys story Joe.
MissHBjetDidn't Joe and Randy just go out to Perris a few weeks back, but it was full?
Perris isn't bad. I've run fast out there w/o getting hassled. The island picnic areas are nice too.

DickDanger
09-27-2002, 09:17 PM
I am with RTJ so far. I still believe that this Pyramid deal is gonna happen. I guess that if it doesnt, I will be getting served a helping of the big black crow. I will be back in SoCal tomorrow, and will better be able to figure some things out. -Dick "I am all about C Cups, and Triple E nipples!!!" Danger out

79Hawaiian
09-27-2002, 10:23 PM
I vote for Pyramid. I have never been to the infamous smelly pit of hell everyone has described but I did drive by and air was a bit rancid on the 15. Of course I was on my way home from Mexico and that may have been myself I was smelling. :D I do however plan on inserting my person in the water so I would rather it be an enjoyable experience rather than require a visit to my local doctor!
Just a thought... River??? Lake Mojave? It aint' bad weather that time of year ya know?

79Hawaiian
09-27-2002, 10:33 PM
WTF?
L.A.'s Backyard Could Be Closed For Months - KCAL Story (http://kcal9.com/StoryFolder/story_910547737_html)
Ron Raley, the U.S. Forest Service incident commander:
"The closure could last for months -- even a year -- to guard against more fires and to protect the foothill communities built up along its fringes.
"We just simply cannot allow another ignition to create an inferno like we've had here that continues to threaten communities all along the Angeles area," said Ron Raley, the U.S. Forest Service incident commander."
Sorry but it don't work like that. Did they say "sorry but we can't allow another earthquake to knock down the 14 freeway" after the 1994 quake?
I fully support the fire fighters. I can deal with a shutdown during the fires because they can not provide service in other areas due to lack of resources. BUT! A YEAR??? Someone is smoking crack.

JustMVG
09-27-2002, 10:41 PM
Can i make a suggestion? Lake Piru is close to Castaic, right off the 126 just past Magic Mtn, I know they have camping, the downside is the size of the lake, not alot of running room for the boats to stretch their er umm legs, but if it's just about getting together to have some laughs and have a good time..... Just my 2 cent suggestion. Mike VG

Wicked1
09-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Piru is a way scaled down version of pyramid same scenery same everything but smaller they gotta nice cove,,,There is also Casitas in Ojai but they dont allow water contact,,but what they dont see wont hurt them,,,I dont wanna go to either lake but if i had the choice it would be casitas cause the water is glass all the time...Piru tends to get windy..just my .02...But i'll go where ever the party goes!!!!

boatnam2
09-28-2002, 04:56 AM
if the water is the issue at hand at smellsomemore i dont think that is a valid reason not to have it there.all the top boat builers use it as there testing lake and the water dont seem to do anything to there mega buck boats there getting ready to sell.it is green but far better than perris when it comes to straight bacteria factor.plus perris is a no acohol lake and if your not staying on the island the other beaches there suck.i dont plan on doing no skiing but i know a few of you do and i guess i can see you not wanting to ski there.i myself would not have a problem going into the water there.plus if there any fast boats which i hope there is everyone can watch them from the shore and they can go as fast as they want.never been to castaic but if there as strick as they say if will suck putting around all day doing 35mph.but like i say im with the majority if castaic is the spot i will kill tow birds with one stone and drop my boat off afterwords a teague for my winter service so i dont mind going there but my vote is for ELSINORE.

JetBoatRich
09-28-2002, 06:43 AM
Make a weekend of it, go to Laughlin?