PDA

View Full Version : Blown BigBlock Jets @ Bartlett on 9/1

vishus
09-03-2002, 11:23 AM
anyone at Bartlett lake on Sunday the 1st? There was a deckboat tunnel and a big V that both were running strong sounding dual carbed/blown BB jets. They were back in the no-wake zone and cruised by the beaches with rooster tails flying. how FAST do those big beasts run?
I tried to get the two of you to run with my red tunnel outboard, but you weren't interested. I was just curious what I was trying to play with....
later,
sid

Jordy
09-03-2002, 11:31 AM
I was there on Saturday and there was a black blown flattie v-drive running some serious race fuel. Smelled great.
Jordy :D

Slick
09-03-2002, 11:36 AM
The Deck Tunnell was probably Dan Nelson of Jett Performance Marine. If that was him, I don't think you'd want to get your butt handed to you by a family boat, let alone a jet.
The big "V", if it was a jet, was probably a guy who has an AC business in Dan's same complex. Was it a 24' blue & white Sleekcraft or something similiar? If so, that motor was built by Dan as well.
Squirtcha or Powertrip would be able to fill you in. They hang out with those guys at Bartlett.

vishus
09-03-2002, 12:51 PM
those would be them. I seem to remember "Jett Performance Marine" on either the deck or his tow vehicle. The "Sleek" or big V was blue/white and looked to have the same BB setup.
Do you know how FAST those big jets will run? I was trying to see if they would run, but they didn't seem interested....
I'm still getting my boat dialed in, so I am not set for ultimate top end, but it sure runs hard on the bottom...
later,
sid
[ September 03, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: vishus ]

Slick
09-03-2002, 01:52 PM
I have no idea how fast they run. The deck should be over triple digits, if not real close. Like I said, maybe Squirtcha will chime in, he boats with both of them on occasion.

vishus
09-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Slick,
what type of boat do you run? how fast?
thx.sid

Slick
09-03-2002, 02:23 PM
LOL...You are new, aren't you.
I run about 75-80mph on the trailer.
1994 Caliber1 206skr Open Bow that I'm still putting back together after a total interior rebuild. Hope to hit 65mph with the new pump work.
What part of the Valley are you in. Perhaps you can come over and laugh at me while I work on the boat...or don't work on it. Jordan loves to do that. He even points at me while he's tipping back a beer. I've heard he's trying to recruit 396 as well. Now they can laugh at me in stereo :mad:

Jordy
09-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Slick:
Jordan loves to do that. He even points at me while he's tipping back a beer.I prefer the term "supervision." Besides I haven't done that to you yet... and you don't have any beer over there anyway so I always have to bring my own. LOL
I've heard he's trying to recruit 396 as well. Now they can laugh at me in stereo :mad: I just don't know who is spreading these nasty rumors. I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. Perhaps getting RD and 78Eliminator to fly out here, but recruiting? Never... LOL
Jordy :D

vishus
09-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Planet CHANDLER. If Firebird was open to the public, I would use it as a TEST lake, it's about ten minutes from my door.
and yes, I am NEW to this forum, I have been on Scream and Fly / HavasuBarney from the beginings for both.
WE all need to meet up at the local lakes.
later,
sid