PDA

View Full Version : Northern Californians- UPDATE

Her454
08-01-2002, 01:18 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/cliffs1.JPG
Motherlode***boats is having another New Hogan Cliff Run on Sat Aug 10th if anyone is interested. This is a shot from our 4th of July outing. All boats welcome. For more info email Motherlode***boats@yahoo.com
[ August 12, 2002, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

screamin seamen
08-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Have fun and be safe .The Browns are off to Nevada for the weekend :( ,but will see everybody in chowcilla sat.

Her454
08-01-2002, 07:34 PM
well I'll be damned! Welcome to the boards! You guys cant miss the 10th run, its for Bradys going away party and for those who missed the 4th....I promise I wont hit you with the water gun Tony.....cmon now be a sport! If its your grandpa....I understand, take care and we'll see you out there Labor Day...love to Zach.

Kindsvater Flat
08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
What part of Northern are you from?

Her454
08-02-2002, 08:39 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/floatin_beauties.JPG
We are from the Stockton/Lodi area. Lake Hogan is 45 minutes from Stockton in the Motherlode Country. The yellow Kindsvater in the front is my boyfriends and the Red and Black Bahner behind it is mine. Any pics of your boat? Maybe we'll see you at one of our outings!

Leather&Lace455
08-02-2002, 09:13 AM
Her454,
I from the Galt area and hit Hogan often, usaualy after work. Weekends we hit the river.

Her454
08-02-2002, 09:35 AM
wink Oh RD, your making me blush :o ! Leather&Lace you should try and make it up on the 10th if your not that far, its a blast and there should be alot of boats attending.
[ August 02, 2002, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Leather&Lace455
08-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the invite Her454, have other plans on the 10th (unfortunately). How many boats do you expect?

Her454
08-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Not sure yet, possibly 25-30. We post alot of our get togethers, maybe next time!

K & Gs79Eliminator
08-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey Ill be there!!!!!!!!!!!!! the lake was preaty low on that seconed pic, I hope the water wont be that low then!!!!!!!! are you at East or West

Her454
08-02-2002, 12:12 PM
RiverDave:
Her454, I was actually going to acquire one of those locking trailer pins I was telling you about and shoot it out to ya.. However when I called my old hookup at the truck shop he wasn't working there anymore..
:(
RDRD, THANKS, that was nice! I have put my "locking Pin" back in where it will stay- but I still plan on checking it whenever I tow..in fact I catch myself looking at it whenever I get in the damn truck now, regardless if the boats back there. That scared the shit out of me and I wont forget it very soon.

Her454
08-02-2002, 12:17 PM
K & Gs79Eliminator:
Hey Ill be there!!!!!!!!!!!!! the lake was preaty low on that seconed pic, I hope the water wont be that low then!!!!!!!! are you at East or WestDo you mean East or West Campground? We will more than likely be camping on the Island (Deer Flat) and will be leaving the main launch ramp around 11:00 or so. You cant miss us though and if your not familiar with the lake, the cliffs are in the back toward the river and the lake is going down but not to a dangerous level with rocks etc and still lots of water to enjoy Just come right up and introduce yourself.
[ August 02, 2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

K & Gs79Eliminator
08-02-2002, 12:21 PM
yep Im up there almost every other weekend! I mostly campout at acorn camp west, Deerflats, yeah that looks cool, the rocks ive been there too, love it back there, never jumped off,I guess with age you get smart..lol, I have a white and blue mini daycruiser Im shure youve seen it, there are not many up there...

Her454
08-02-2002, 12:47 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/BigNUgly.JPG
Have you ever seen this boat out there? Its a 1941 Steelcraft thats made a name for itself...BigNUgly. Its a great boat though and always full of people. We BBQ right on it out at the cliffs so look for it, you cant miss it. There are usually about 10 boats tied to it as in the cliff pic. Yes, with age comes smarts. We usually pull someone to safety about once a month out there from them jumping! eek!

69 Elim
08-02-2002, 12:56 PM
Well, looks like alot of fun and being from Fresno, not that far. Unfortuanately I have plans that weekend. Keep posting outings. I have never been to New Hogan, but always looking for a new spot to run at.

Her454
08-02-2002, 01:00 PM
69- Will you be at Chowchilla this weekend? Thats not too far from you is it? Alot of our locals will be racing. The Commanche/Ione boys will be representing us so look for them if your there. And we'd be happy to have you at Hogan so just keep watching for our posts. :D

K & Gs79Eliminator
08-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Have you ever seen this boat out there? Its a 1941 Steelcraft thats made a name for itself...BigNUgly. Its a great boat though and always full of people. We BBQ right on it out at the cliffs so look for it, you cant miss it.
funny I seen it once last year while i was drinking a serria nevada at the old marina, funny i thought ,this guy pulls in with thes young cute gals, damm i said,lol i need a boat like that,j/k
problem is though, my old lady is so jelioues he he she thinks every girl wants to have me..lol I think she is blind.ha ha but I lover her...Id love to party with you folk!!!!!!!!!!

69 Elim
08-02-2002, 01:04 PM
chowchilla - maybe - not set for sure. Are they at Brendilla Resivoir (sp). This would be the same place as the IHBA runs at? I've been to an IBBA event, just never a NJBA event.

Her454
08-02-2002, 01:48 PM
69, I believe its the same place...but not sure. You can look it up though at dragboat.com to confirm it.
79Eliminator - we'll look for you out there, and bring your lady, she'll love it.

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2002, 03:53 PM
Well that yellow Kindsvater makes 4 that I've seen. I was just talking to Harold today about some setup stuff on mine. So for me venture to Lake Hogan will take almost 3 hrs. Other thing I noticed about your boyfriends boat is that it only has a single guage in the dash. Mine is the same way. I wonder if that is one of Harolds's trade signs. So far all that I've seen are that way. Here is my Kindsvater.
http://www.saber.net/~atthefarm/pic/meandtaylor.JPG

jet4fun
08-02-2002, 04:45 PM
do any of you ever go to the afterbay by oroville, a lot of my friends frequent that place, usually a lot of fast boats, hardly any ranger enforcement,(they dont care about noise or speed), oh yeah, did i mention its free eek!

Cas
08-02-2002, 04:54 PM
T,
Well, sorry to say, the last campsite of the 30 I reserved for the Aug 23-25 Tower Park Run on the Delta is gone. I called them earlier today and there are quite a few available near where we will be though. I also have one site available for Friday night as one of the attendees is only coming for Sat night.
At last count, there will be 32 boats for the weekend and an additional 18 to 20 coming up on Saturday. I'm going to try and get everyone together so the HB photographer can get the whole crowd :D
But, mark your calendar for the 3rd Annual Tower Park Run on Aug 22, 23, and 24, 2003.
I'm going to see what the plans are for the 10th, if nothing is going on, I think I'll try to make it up to New Hogan. I've never been there and would like to check it out.
[ August 02, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Cas ]

Her454
08-02-2002, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat:
[QB]Well that yellow Kindsvater makes 4 that I've seen. I was just talking to Harold today about some setup stuff on mine. So for me venture to Lake Hogan will take almost 3 hrs. Other thing I noticed about your boyfriends boat is that it only has a single guage in the dash. Mine is the same way. I wonder if that is one of Harolds's trade signs. So far all that I've seen are that way. Here is my Kindsvater.
Your boat is beautiful! We have not seen too many Kindsvaters out there. They seem to put manual guages on the motor and a cable driven tach in the dash. Is that a wooden deck or just the way the colors look? Its absolutly beautiful. The yellow flat was just painted and does not have the full color scheme yet. Still working on that. If were up to him, it would still be primered! 3 Hours is not long for a nice weekend on the lake and we'd love to have you on our next outing. By the way, where is that picture taken, its pretty.
BTW, you mentioned you talked to Harold...do you know him personally or is there a way to get ahold of him? Looking for one of the old Kindsvater nameplates (like your avtar)....
[ August 02, 2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Her454
08-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Cas -No problem with the campsite, if we showed we would sleep on the boat and tow the flat and the jet. We will definitly mark our calendar for 2003 and spread the word within Motherlode***boats. If you can make it on the 10th, thats great! Let me know a little before then so we know to look for you. Traci

spectratoad
08-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Where is Lake Hogan at? I am always in the mood to try a new lake. Probably won't be able to go but my schedule always seems to change. The pix look like a blast though. :D
CAS, I can't wait for Tower Park. I don't have my pump back yet and I am starting to get a little ancy. I am sure it will all work out though. :cool:

Her454
08-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Spectra, its about 45 minutes from Stockton, or 45 from Sacramento. Its right outside the town of Valley Springs. Its a large lake with great campsites. We all take off the cliffs on Sat about 11:00 and we are BBQing out there on the boat. Your more than welcome!
[ August 02, 2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the boat. I don't talk to Harold often, but I do have to call him monday. I will ask then if he has any emblems laying around or if he knows who has an extra.
The picture where that was taken is at Lake Berryessa. We were there at a club event in may. Here are a couple of links to a couple of websites of mine. The first is pictures at Lake Berryessa. The second is a new site I'm working on. Those pics are on the Sacramento River.
Website 1 (http://atthefarm.mystarband.net/vdrive1.html)

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the boat. I don't talk to Harold often, but I do have to call him monday. I will ask then if he has any emblems laying around or if he knows who has an extra.
The picture where that was taken is at Lake Berryessa. We were there at a club event in may. Here are a couple of links to a couple of websites of mine. The first is pictures at Lake Berryessa. The second is a new site I'm working on. Those pics are on the Sacramento River.
Website 1 (http://atthefarm.mystarband.net/vdrive1.html)
Website 2 (http://www.dragboatrace.com)

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2002, 08:33 PM
jet4fun:
do any of you ever go to the afterbay by oroville, a lot of my friends frequent that place, usually a lot of fast boats, hardly any ranger enforcement,(they dont care about noise or speed), oh yeah, did i mention its free eek! Hey Robert......I live 15 minutes from there and no longer go back. We were stopped by Butte County Sherriff and were told, "If you don't run mufflers don't bother coming back." After that we packed up and won't go back. Yes they do care about noise. He was more than happy to give me a decibel reading of the boat. Also told me the locals that live near the after bay don't care for the noise. Didn't get a ticket so I guess thats a plus. I will stick to the river, Berryessa, and Camp Far West.

Cas
08-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Kinds,
whereabouts was this picture taken? It looks very familiar to me.
http://www.dragboatrace.com/july/images/MVC-001F.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2002, 11:39 PM
Cas:
Kinds,
That was taken at Colusa. Its a friends private beach thats on the Sacramento river.

spectratoad
08-03-2002, 06:55 AM
Thanks H454. Will have to mark the calander and see what happens.

Cas
08-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Kindsvater Flat:
Cas:
Kinds,
That was taken at Colusa. Its a friends private beach thats on the Sacramento river.Thanks. I was thinking of a place on the American where we used to drive our Jeeps into the river on hot days. I wasn't deep enough for most boats to anchor that close to the shore though.
I guess that picture of yours was just a mind joggler.

jet4fun
08-03-2002, 09:50 AM
"Hey Robert......I live 15 minutes from there and no longer go back. We were stopped by Butte County Sherriff and were told, "If you don't run mufflers don't bother coming back." After that we packed up and won't go back. Yes they do care about noise. He was more than happy to give me a decibel reading of the boat. Also told me the locals that live near the after bay don't care for the noise. Didn't get a ticket so I guess thats a plus. I will stick to the river, Berryessa, and Camp Far West."
wow, thats the first ive ever heard of that, my friends live in paradise, and if they dont go to lake oroville than its the afterbay, they always pull out their baffles at the afterbay, ive driven right past the sheriff waving at him with no baffles, he just waves back. the only time he ever said anything besides hi was when my buddy didnt have his cf numbers on cause the boat had just gotten painted, all the ranger said was put those on before the next time you come out, no ticket or anything

Her454
08-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Just got back from Chowchilla, races were great! Wanted to mention to everyone so there was no misunderstanding....Lake Hogan does require mufflers. :D

gnarley
08-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Her454:
Wanted to mention to everyone so there was no misunderstanding....Lake Hogan does require mufflers. :D Do they also have a speed limit? It's been a while since I've been up there so I don't remember.
Gnarley

Her454
08-06-2002, 08:12 AM
NO speed Limit! :D

K & Gs79Eliminator
08-06-2002, 12:14 PM
mufflers????????????? gee I seen Alcohol burners up there,they didnt have any did they.lol :D

Her454
08-06-2002, 12:33 PM
NMAYOR.
"No Mufflers At Your Own Risk"
LOL :D

Desert Rat
08-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey Her454
I will be there on the 9-16th. We will be staying in spot 99 Acorn East.I have a blue Caliber1 and will have to drop by the cliffs on Sat for sure! See you there!

Her454
08-06-2002, 02:36 PM
Desert Rat, where are you from? I am a desert rat myself as I lived in Yuma for 10 years and Havasu for 3. We'll look for you out there on Sat, it gets kinda crazy so make sure you make yourself known! :D

Desert Rat
08-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Her454:
Desert Rat, where are you from? I am a desert rat myself as I lived in Yuma for 10 years and Havasu for 3. We'll look for you out there on Sat, it gets kinda crazy so make sure you make yourself known! :D Born and raised in Fremont. Moved down to the Lancaster/Palmdale area about 5 years ago..Had to tranfer with the job but boy do I ever miss the bay area!!!

Her454
08-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Lancaster is considered the High Desert isn't it? I have friends in Fremont but I wouldnt say its my favorite place to be...all I remember about it is going thru Niles Canyon to get there I think, been a long time but I always liked it thru there.

gnarley
08-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Desert Rat:
Born and raised in Fremont.Desert Rat, hey where'd ya go to school & what year did you get out?
[ August 06, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: gnarley ]

Her454
08-06-2002, 05:35 PM
"Get Out"? Like being paroled? Gnarley, I take it school wasnt your favorite thing.....LOL :D

Desert Rat
08-07-2002, 06:12 AM
gnarley
Washington High, Class of 75...yes i'm getting old, some say i already am

Desert Rat
08-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Her454:
Lancaster is considered the High Desert isn't it? I have friends in Fremont but I wouldnt say its my favorite place to be...all I remember about it is going thru Niles Canyon to get there I think, been a long time but I always liked it thru there.Yea Niles was nice.. It was a nice evening ride on the bike after work when I lived up there. Lancaster is high desert all right but i would love to live in your neck of the woods. Myself and some of my friends kid about getting a job at the Mar-Val in Valley Springs so we could move up there....

gnarley
08-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Desert Rat:
gnarley
Washington High, Class of 75...yes i'm getting old, some say i already amDesert Rat, I was at Irvington Class of 76. Did you ever cruise or race on Fremont Blvd? I bet you went to school with some cousins of mine at Washington.

Desert Rat
08-07-2002, 07:42 AM
gnarley:
Desert Rat:
gnarley
Washington High, Class of 75...yes i'm getting old, some say i already amDesert Rat, I was at Irvington Class of 76. Did you ever cruise or race on Fremont Blvd? I bet you went to school with some cousins of mine at Washington.I bet you have heard of my wife's family...Rendon? Yea I went to little Fremont over by Bordens in Newark all the time. cousins names? Yours for that matter, my wife might know you. She graduated Irvington in 80 How about Charlie Sparkman? one of my best friends? He'll be at hogan next week with us

gnarley
08-07-2002, 08:07 AM
DesertRat, My cousins in Centerville were the Freschauff's ??? Ring any bells? I used to drive a 63 Chevy Nova Delivery Sedan and raced a few times on the Blvd & little Fremont between 78-79, I never lost a street race. Eventually the engine found it's way into a dragster & I moved away around 82. Rendon sounds familiar, I remember a Cliff Rendon, any relation? I might be at Hogan on one of the days if I can get all my parts back & installed before the weekend.

Desert Rat
08-07-2002, 08:36 AM
Cliff is my brother-in-law. Sister-in-law Terri graduatedin 74. I was in the orient serving this fine country in the USN in 78-79. The Freshauff name does not ring a bell at all. If your at hogan look for my boat.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/tn_BoatDFC.JPG

Her454
08-08-2002, 04:44 PM
We are packing up and heading out in the morning so I hope to see you all there! Were expecting quite a few boats! For those of you who dont make it out to the cliffs, if your in the area we are camping on the island at Deer Flat -cant miss the boats so come up and say hello :D
Everyone have a great weekend!

Her454
08-12-2002, 11:43 AM
A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE that showed up at the Cliffs and the BBQ on Saturday! We got to meet a bunch of new boaters and enjoy a fantastic Tri-Tip lunch at the Cliffs and Pot Luck Dinner Sat night at the campgrounds! Great to meet all of you that came up and introduced yourselves from the Forums! Apparently there are quite a few people out there that read and dont even post yet :D Gnarley, glad you were able to get your boat together and come up, it was nice to finally meet you. Stuck a pic in here of that nice boat of yours! You too K&Gs79 Elim- too bad you couldnt get your boat close enough to drop anchor with us! It was a great weekend, 75 to 100 boats at one point at the cliffs toward the end of the day and lots of tubing, skiing, kneeboarding and foods! Thanks again :D
Early Afternoon..
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/cliffs11.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/cliffs31.JPG
Nice Ride Gnarley! :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/gnarley.JPG
By the end of the day.....I couldnt find anyone sober enough that I trusted with my camera to climb the cliffs and take another pic of all the boats total!!!
[ August 12, 2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

gnarley
08-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Her454, hey thanks for posting the photo :D & to all of you that were there sorry I didn't get to meet all of you but I didn't get wet till 5:00 PM due to the upholstery shop, it seems like they are always late & made me late. To those that I did meet it was a pleasure. If any of you make Tower Park I will be there (pending any changes) & plan drinking a few with any of ya and staying the night somewhere, in the boat, tent or where ever I might pass out.