PDA

View Full Version : Looking at HTM's

HAVASU DCB
09-05-2002, 11:26 AM
Does anybody know of any used HTMs for sale. Big motors not needed. Really want the ss24
thanks

Tom Slick
09-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Your in luck, I just happen to have a 2001 HTM SS-24 that is FOR SALE. 565 C.U. Chevrolet built by HTM's Ken Lane. Built XR drive with nose cone, shower and lab prop. The boat is perfect with only 40 hours on it. Over $90,000.00 invested, sacrifice for $69,900.00.
626 695-1218
Thanks
Chris

THOR
09-05-2002, 02:07 PM
I am glad you spoke up RD, I was looking as well. Although not that serious but I was very curious.
BTW, why are they getting into more accidents. Bad mold? Lines? Instability? etc.?????

Tom Slick
09-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Hey R.D.,
Maybe you know of more wrecks this year than I have heard of so I am curious to hear about them, but there are only 2 that I know of. First was the tragic wreck at Castaic, which we think was a mechanical malfunction and the other was a guy that rolled his up near sand bar and he admitted to driver error. So what are the others, and what caused them to crash?
Most of the wrecks this year that I have heard of were mostly drunks driving v-bottoms, was that HTM's fault too? Oh yeah, don't forget the 40ft Skater off the coast of New Jersey back on Memorial Day.

cindy/MrPumpsHTM
09-05-2002, 02:38 PM
I have Chucks SS-24 for sale. It has a blown 598 motor, I need to sell it. asking 85,000.
thanks, Cindy
ps....yea, where are all the other accidents involving HTM's RD???

BoatFloating
09-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Tom Slick:
Hey R.D.,
Maybe you know of more wrecks this year than I have heard of so I am curious to hear about them, but there are only 2 that I know of. First was the tragic wreck at Castaic, which we think was a mechanical malfunction and the other was a guy that rolled his up near sand bar and he admitted to driver error. So what are the others, and what caused them to crash?
Most of the wrecks this year that I have heard of were mostly drunks driving v-bottoms, was that HTM's fault too? Oh yeah, don't forget the 40ft Skater off the coast of New Jersey back on Memorial Day.Don't forget all those Spectre's that crash!!!!
I wouldn't buy a Sea Doo either lot of people getting killed on those, poor design or operator? RD. you are off base and I don't even own a HTM.

HAVASU DCB
09-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Rd-
That's bitchen that you wouldn't want to see your buddy get hurt. You just moved up a notch on the respect factor ladder. I am not totaly set on an HTM but I was sitting in the DCB this weekend and a pack of HTMer's rolled up and the whole place stopped to look at what was making such a rumble. Plus they seem reasonably priced. Let me know of the boats that you know that are for sale because I will have a new boat by Christmas(hopefully). Plus a place somewhere in parker for next year. So you are going to have to deal with me all summer long!

Jordy
09-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Two big changes like that? Better start laying claim to ParkerHTM soon... LOL
Jordy :D
[ September 05, 2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

HAVASU DCB
09-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Jordan-
I'm about to change my name to-need-a-girl-anywhere
if i don't get laid soon!!!!!!!
its been a couple weeks and I'm going to havasu this weekend but I might change that to parker because the havasu thing is kind of played out.
cj

Jordy
09-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaay more information than I needed, but good luck. How was the Beachcomber crew Labor Day?
Jordy :D

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 03:49 PM
havasudcb,why dont you just go down to the local oriental massage parlor,its cheap and maybe just what you need to take the old edge off the sword.if your in orange county your in luck i heard theres a shitload of them there.

Hustler
09-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Havasu DCB, I would'nt let RD's responce steer you away from HTM's I only know of 2 accidents and they are the same ones that Tom Slick mentioned (besides dave has always been anti HTM), I beleive that HTM still builds a quality boat. there are some used ones for sale and Roy at HTM could probably give you a couple good ones if you call him. Good Luck

boatnam2
09-05-2002, 04:27 PM
i think htm's are nice dont really see many in parker,i personally would look at american offshore owned one for three years did just about every stupid thing you can do in it including turning so hard one day it threw me out of the seat , stuffing a sponson in the ocean(first day driving a cat got lucky on that one)jumping it never ever felt like it was going to do anything funny.

playdeep
09-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Last summer,Elephant Butte lake(N.M.)Local HTM dealer hits a large wake and launches,boat hits,punches hole in gunnel,shreads transom and sinks.(Above is Readers Digest version,I was there) Last month,Lake Havasu,I roll into a friends dealership(new boats and consignments)to look at a Daytona that he has.There is an HTM on the lot I ask him about it(just curious).He tells me that he had to call the owner to come and get it because the transom was falling out of it(his words not mine).I realize that this is probably gonna get ugly,but several people have already posted asking of other incidents or problems.

Horsepowerchik
09-05-2002, 05:18 PM
I will insert NO opinion about the HTM, that is not neccesary for this post ..THis post is simply to inform someone of a really good deal on an HTM.
SS24
Imco Full Hyd Steer
Bumpin Stereo Syst
3 Stage Bravo from 1/2 Track Marine
NO Expense spared
115MPH all Day Long
540 CI Chev
PFM Dual Eaton S/C Kit, Injected
Brodex Heads
Manley Severe duty Intake Valves
Inconel Exh Valves
4.250 Crower Crank
Crower Rods
Crane Hyd Cam, Lifters
Manley Valve springs
Titanium Retainers
Cloyes True Roller Timimg Chain Set
Eickert Dual stage Water pump
MSD, PFM Race Inake Man
Gil Exhaust
http://www.boatpart.com/HTM3.jpg
http://www.boatpart.com/HTM2.jpg
Must sell
Contact me for more info
HP(No Opinion) Chik

Tom Slick
09-05-2002, 05:36 PM
HAVASU DCB,
What are you looking for in particular. What kind of power, speed, drive etc.?

Horsepowerchik
09-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Yo RD...Its AWWWWIGHT, You just keeppinn it REAAAAAAL.
HP (sometimes from South Cental) Chik http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/fro.gif

MIKEHTMSR24
09-05-2002, 06:06 PM
1999 SR-24 350 hours no problems, and no scares.
Of course I don't think riding a motorcycle is dangerours because of all of the cars on the rode. Most of the cycle accidents I know about is the owner's right wrist!
***boat Mag. Reader's Rides April 2002

Horsepowerchik
09-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey Mike, you have the Charcol Grey w/ Flames, Right?
HPCHik

HAVASU DCB
09-05-2002, 06:44 PM
You guys all rock. Thank you for all of your opinions. I guess if you know of boats for sale just e-mail me with pics and $. I just need to ride in them all before I make my decision. I still think the 29 force is a lotta boat for the money.
RD when thee hell are we doing the navi?

kcm21
09-05-2002, 07:16 PM
hpchik,
on a lighter side you keep me lmao! Dave you got the right idea in lookin out for chris.....he gets a little nutty and I would hate to see anything happen to him, he's just too much fun to have around! :D

RiverDave2
09-05-2002, 07:30 PM
HAVASU DCB:
You guys all rock. Thank you for all of your opinions. I guess if you know of boats for sale just e-mail me with pics and $. I just need to ride in them all before I make my decision. I still think the 29 force is a lotta boat for the money.
RD when thee hell are we doing the navi?I've been meaning to get up there. In the next week or two I'll bring it up to ya. I'll bring some misters for your upcoming river pad too. wink (not on short supply of those) LOL..
It's all good on the boat thing bud.
Check your PM btw.
RD

Tom Slick
09-05-2002, 07:37 PM
HAVASU DCB,
What is your e-mail address? I will be happy to send you pic's and detailed info on my SS-24.
Thanks
Chris
626 695-1218
cooleyo15@yahoo.com

BoatPI
09-06-2002, 05:13 AM
For what my input is worth, our office has not handled ANY claims involving blow overs or defects that resulted in claims for HTM's. Lets face it, high HP is an issue for insurance companies, ie: failure to disclose you added a blower, and inexperience.
If ANYONE has a question about the intergity of their boat, perhaps involving a claim of defects, we have the answer.
Todd has perhaps the ONLY digital thermal imaging camera (space tech type stuff). He travels throughout the world investigating claimed defects, delamination, etc.
This camera and his expertise as a professional, can be hired by anyone if they suspect manufacturing defects or causes of engine overheating. He recently returned from a job (claim) involving one of the worlds most famous racing boats.
boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com) :D
Todd and Assc., 619/226-1895

HAVASU DCB
09-06-2002, 07:03 AM
RD-
Why don't you pack your bags and come to havasu this weekend! I'm leaving at 4:30. Lets do this! I got plenty of room to sleep and the dcb will be there!

Charley
09-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Here is my opinion for what it is worth....HTM makes a boat with a unique tunnel design...It is not nearly as deep as the DCB, eliminator AOS etc... the only other boat out there with a "Like" tunnel design is the warlock... the advantage they get is compression.... they (HTM)have a wide mouth at the front of the boat it gathers air and pushes that air back through a smaller exit....(the tunnels exit) ...This will lift the boats stern up easier/faster....everyone knows the 2 rules.... the lighter the boat & the less boat in the water, the faster you go...with that said here is the draw back..... if you have shallow tunnels(HTM,WARLOCK), you will not handle rough water as well...... once again...the size and weight of the hull will change things too, but 25' boat for 25' boat is what i am comparing here......This is the key here HAVASUDCB.... what do you wanna do with your boat? you wanna drag race down parker strip and you go during the week? get a mach 22 with twin ss drags....... you wanna do the same thing on the weekend at parker? HTM SS24 or 25 daytona are good choices...you want to handle mostly everything Havasu,mojave and Mead can dish out?> Mach 26 , 28' Daytona LP , AOS, Howards Cat..... Ocean-time?? you need to again step-UP...It's all relative to what you wanna do.... you give, you take....my suggestion? get the biggest, good quality cat that you can afford to power right and put gas in as often as you will be boating..... one point that RD didn't touch on, that I believe is a Valid point is..What is HTM's future? if they are done making boats you will see a gradual drop in value over the next 2 years, so that HTM you buy today will probably be worth .20 on the dollar in 4-5 years. I am not attacking HTM owners here, It's a nice boat, but those are my honest thoughts about buying an HTM today and considering the future value. Good luck HavasuDCB :D

HAVASU DCB
09-06-2002, 11:01 AM
RD-
OVER IT OR WHAT?

Reaper1
09-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Havasu DCB, If your serious about HTM's. You should take a look at Tom Slick's. I've ridden in it many times and it is one of the sweetest SS's around. You won't be sorry.
Grim

Tom Slick
09-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks Reaper 1
HAVASU DCB,
Are you looking for an SS-24?
If you are, what specs are you looking for?
My S-24 is bad ass the way it sits, and can be set up any way you like!

andy01
09-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Havasu DCB they have two HTM's and one 29 Force for sale at Long Beach Yacht sales. The HTM's are both nice. One is a 2002 that has been in the water like once. I was there looking at a Scarab yesterday and looked at those in the showroom. You might give them a call. If you need the number I can look for it.
Andy

Boatjob
09-08-2002, 06:09 PM
HAVASUDCB-
I sent you a private message. Check it whan u can

MIKEHTMSR24
09-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Horsepowerchik:
Hey Mike, you have the Charcol Grey w/ Flames, Right?
HPCHikMine is the solid black with purple and silver stripes on the sides and has HTM going across the deck with tearaway lettering

RiverDave2
09-26-2002, 05:32 PM
HUFFPOWER:
i can say my brother-in-law,who had one of the first 24's steve produced,is now on his second 24,and it's not because of a change in color!!! and it was'nt due to engine or drive failure...get the big picture...HuffPower, it would seem that the bottom did change slightly from some of the earlier ones to the late ones.
RD
[ September 26, 2002, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: RiverDave2 ]

Hustler
09-26-2002, 10:08 PM
HavasuDCB check your private mail

Hustler
09-27-2002, 08:45 AM
RiverDave:
Don't be like that Hustler.. :D
RDHey I'm just trying to pass on some good info with out you sabataging (sp?) it J/K :D
acually I need some info on an exhaust system for a V10

HAVASU DCB
09-27-2002, 09:52 AM
I HOPE SO. IF I CAN GET A ROOM STILL AT BLUEWATER. HUSTLER I'M GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR THE LAKE. SO I WILL RESPOND TO YOU ON MONDAY BUT YES, I HAVE A BUNCH OF STUFF FOR THE V-10. IS ANYONE GOING OUT TO THE LAKE TODAY?

steve@kps
09-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Not trying to start anything else on the HTM's.. But i read on this post somewhere about HTM going out of business.
Dave, you know my situation. Does that have something to do w/ what's going on?
Just asking.....
wink

mike37
09-27-2002, 03:22 PM
HTM is not out of business going to talk with Dorein on Saturday
I may just order my new boat if all goes well
I have talked with them before they seem like good people
If any of you now something I should know before I buy please let me know

mike37
09-27-2002, 03:47 PM
I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments. I do have some friends with HTM's and I'll still get in with them and make a speed pass or two. I'd just feel alot more comfortable in a Warlock, DCB, Eliminator etc.. Particularly if there's any turning involved "at speed" which in Parker there often is.
RiverDave
can you Elaborate on this statment
i would like your opinion on the turning part
PM me if you dont want to puplicly post it

mike37
09-27-2002, 05:44 PM
OK RiverDave
I have rode in DCB MACH 26 500hp
awsom boat but in my opinon it dont tern so hot
is HTM that much wors
I gess I am looking for the long version
you seam to have a lot of info on boats
so you opinion intrest me

Hustler
09-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Mike I think you should go for a ride in one and be your own judge, I'm sure HTM would be more than happy to arrange that for you.

rivercrazy
09-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Dats sum funny mudda focking chit :D :D :D
mike37:
OK RiverDave
I have rode in DCB MACH 26 500hp
awsom boat but in my opinon it dont tern so hot
is HTM that much wors
I gess I am looking for the long version
you seam to have a lot of info on boats
so you opinion intrest me

mike37
09-27-2002, 06:34 PM
rivercrazy
You laughing at my Shiite spelling
Or riverdave boat knowledge
Hustler
I will get a ride before I buy
I guess IM looking for inf. on characteristics I should look for Somme times you don’t notice things on a test run

steve@kps
09-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Hey, Mike 37...... i just bought an HTM that was totalled, And from what i've seen of this boat, it's a bad muda focker.... I can't wait to get it back together and have a great time.
My only complaint is the lack of support i got from the company, they misled me several times. Other than that, it's beautiful boat.
I'm glad to hear that HTM is not going out of business. That's why i'm trying to purchase all the O.E.M. stuff that i can. cause i think the boat looks cool. Guess, i'll make my own panels that i need for the wiring.
I'll shoot some pics for everybody when we get done. Should be about 3-4weeks before the glass work is done. I can't freeking wait.
:cool:

Hustler
09-28-2002, 01:21 PM
steve@kps:
Hey, Mike 37...... i just bought an HTM that was totalled, And from what i've seen of this boat, it's a bad muda focker.... I can't wait to get it back together and have a great time.
My only complaint is the lack of support i got from the company, they misled me several times. Other than that, it's beautiful boat.
I'm glad to hear that HTM is not going out of business. That's why i'm trying to purchase all the O.E.M. stuff that i can. cause i think the boat looks cool. Guess, i'll make my own panels that i need for the wiring.
I'll shoot some pics for everybody when we get done. Should be about 3-4weeks before the glass work is done. I can't freeking wait.
:cool: Tell me more about this boat, What happened to it?

shockwaveharry
09-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Hustler:
steve@kps:
:cool: Tell me more about this boat, What happened to it?I heard he's trying to splash it... wink
I'd like to know the story too.

Tom Slick
09-29-2002, 01:22 PM
FYI,
For anyone out there that maybe interested, I am still trying to sell my 2001 HTM SS-24. The boat only has 40 hours on it and is in perfect condition. Ken Lane personaly built the motor, which is the fastest 565 c.u. unblown, carbureted motor that he has ever built. In fact this boat is the fastest SS-24 that HTM has ever built with this motor at 107 mph.
Before anyone buy's a new one, it would be well worth your time to check this one out first. I am asking $69,900.00 for a boat that is practically brand new. I have over $90,000.00 invested, so it is quite a still at the asking price. For more detailed info, you may contact me at 626 695-1218 or cooleyo15@yahoo.com
Thanks
Chris

steve@kps
09-30-2002, 07:03 AM
LOL..... this boat is and never was going to be "splashed" i had a builder that WAS going to repair it, that had been known to do that in the past, but, i found another builder that is very professional and has no intentions of doing that.
This boat hit a cruiser wake and the driver and passenger got thrown out of the boat (they were going about 50mph). It was late at night, and was DRIVER error, NOT a boat problem. The driver just made a mistake! Nobody was hurt, thank god.
It'll be repaired before long and i'll post a pic for everybody to see. Hopefully w/ naked chics on board..lol :)
I just wanted HTM to step up and help me out w/ what they said they would, and sell me the parts that got stolen out of the boat while it was on shore.
No big deal, though .....i'm still a damn proud owner of an sr-24HTM........

steve@kps
09-30-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey, Dave.... what's up??
The way i look at this situation is that It's not my place to judge a boat company like HTM.
I have learned from what they've said and done.
I damn sure won't run my business like they do theirs....
Let me know if you want me to look at your props for ya.
p.s. got any more hot pix for me..LOL :D :p

TCHB
09-30-2002, 09:17 AM
I do not think it is the boat. I had a friend flip a 25 Eliminator Daytona at about 80MPH when he hit a cross wake and caught a edge. When you are playing with tunnel boats and horse power the risk is there. I have talked to a couple of boat owners who were learning how to drive the 100MPH machines with others in the boats. How many times have you seen boats full of people going 80MPH plus with no life jackets!! Buy a race car and try to put it on the track. You will have to go through special steps to become qualified.

steve@kps
09-30-2002, 10:58 AM
tchb, my point exactly.
I have never blamed HTM for a boat accident. And never will.
I, myself drive an alcohol inj. super comp. dragster, in NHRA competition. And, yes, i'm a liscensed and trained driver. just like you said.
Everyday, i go through the car and check seatbelts, tires, and all safety equipment. That should be done on a high performance boat also. You just have to check all the bolts,etc. cause stuff just gets loose.
My new HTM will have the same thing done to it, before we ever take it out. Check the darn thing out to make sure everything is okay.
It's pretty farking simple isn't it. :D
c-ya later

mike37
09-30-2002, 05:56 PM
steve@kps
I was at HTM this weakend thay are all very nice
suprised to hear you havent ben treated right
I wil be up there a lot to see the proges on my new boat
if i can help let me know
mybe i can get the ifo you need

steve@kps
10-01-2002, 06:15 AM
thanks for the help Mike.. HTM has stated that they will not sell me any parts that i need to re-store the boat. I've found just about everything else, except the wiring. I'm still looking for the fuse panel and switch panel. I'd like to make it as o.e.m. as possible, but i may just make my own. It's not a big deal.
Good luck w/ your new boat. I haven't been in one, but they sure look fun.
steve g.
p.s. next to the control box, there is a place for two items, one in front and one behind. I think the one in front is where the ingition key was at. But,the one behind i'm not sure what it was. could you let me know what was there? thanks alot.

mike37
10-01-2002, 03:39 PM
I think thats the spot for the ded man switch
ill check for shure next time im doun at HTM

mike37
10-01-2002, 05:12 PM
my new boat

mike37
10-01-2002, 05:33 PM
test

mike37
10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
test 2

mike37
10-01-2002, 06:03 PM
test

el_jefe
10-01-2002, 10:55 PM
What is the building process time, and how are the prices.
mike37:
steve@kps
I was at HTM this weakend thay are all very nice
suprised to hear you havent ben treated right
I wil be up there a lot to see the proges on my new boat
if i can help let me know
mybe i can get the ifo you need

mike37
10-02-2002, 05:13 AM
my boat gos in the mold oct6 and will be finished nov11 6weeks prices are very good now but thay will be going up a littel there businuss is picking up so if you are intrested go talk to them or call 611-268-1309

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Mike37, are you sure you're buying your boat from HTM? The picture you posted looks like a SPLASH to me! wink :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/htm1.JPG
[ October 02, 2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

mike37
10-02-2002, 03:46 PM
QUOTE RiverDave
Mike I'm not real sure, but I think the area code is 661 instead of 611.
my bust 661 is right
shockwaveharry Mike37, are you sure you're buying your boat from HTM? The picture you posted looks like a SPLASH to me!
Hmmmm I think your right have to check into that LOL

syke-o
10-02-2002, 06:22 PM
Nice boat steve... what power did you end up going with???

mike37
10-03-2002, 05:12 AM
im going with 496 mag HO 450hp
(procharg it later)

Bad Puddy Tat
10-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Mike,
Looks like that's going to be a sweet boat. Word of caution on the pro-charger later. When Designer does your interior have them raise the engine hatch for an additional 4 inches of clearance. I had ordered mine with the carbed 565 package. We had left 3 inches of clearance to add the pro cahrger later and we had to have another inch added. Couldn't quite get it to fit. This will just save you some time and trouble later down the road.
Good luck

RiverToysJas
10-04-2002, 03:51 PM
mike37:
im going with 496 mag HO 450hp
(procharg it later)A stock 496Mag HO is rated at 425hp (engine Hp).
What are you having done to get 450?
RTJas :D

mike37
10-04-2002, 06:29 PM
RiverToysJas
your right 425 hp 6am post ges i was dreaming
sorry my bad
my spelling and typing sucks to frown

mike37
10-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Bad Puddy Tat
thanks for the heads up I will make sure I getthe right clearance