PDA

View Full Version : RV resorts on Havasu

Outnumbered
08-13-2002, 11:36 PM
Anyone have any input on a good RV resort on Havasu. I'm kicking around getting a 5th wheel and keeping it at the lake. My buddy has one at River Land and its pretty cool to be right on the water. I am looking for a family oriented park with a nice beach area on Havasu. I do most of my river trips to Katherine at Mojave but its getting too crowded up there. I haven't been to Havasu in a while and I am wondering if its less crowded than Mojave? I'm thinking down south maybey?
Thanks in advance
Old Lavey

XTRM22
08-14-2002, 06:28 AM
I know Skaterfast keeps his trailer at The Islander and loves it. I keep My motorhome at HavasuCig's house for a couple monthes each summer and and park it at Crazy Horse on the weekends. I think either would be a good choice. The Islander is a lot nicer but a lot stricter on the rules, but also way more secure to leave something at.
Chuck

Reaper1
08-14-2002, 06:54 AM
If you want something less crowded you might try Sand Point. Its further south down by the damn and they do have a big beach where the kids can play. :cool:

Ultra5150
08-14-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm with Skaterfast the Islander is awsome. We love it there.

shockwavebd
08-14-2002, 09:54 AM
the place next to the islander is less hassle dont know the name , the beach something

HM
08-14-2002, 09:56 AM
If you don't mind the drive, Black Meadow Landing is very nice.

Outnumbered
08-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the input. What is the going rate for full time trailer storage at one of these places? I am assuming they all offer the service to pull your trailer out and hook it up when you call ahead. How about launch ramps? Do they all have ramps?
Thanks again,
Old Lavey

Havasu_Jet_85
08-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Beach Comber, on the Island next to site 6.

pebo
08-15-2002, 09:01 PM
Have a trailer at the Islander for five mths out of the year. Gated, private launch, store etc.
Check it out www.islanderrvresort.com (http://www.islanderrvresort.com) :D

Skaterfast
08-16-2002, 08:41 PM
THE ISLANDER RV RESORT IS THE BEST RV SPOT THIS SIDE OF THE ROCKIES.LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR IF YOU WANT.THE TOILETS ARE CLEANER THAN AT HOME.VERY FAMILY ORIENTED,BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE LOOKING FOR LESS PEOPLE.HAVASU IS NOT LESS PEOPLE.SEE YA.

Outnumbered
08-16-2002, 11:18 PM
I used to go to Havasu a lot in the early 90s before I was married wink . Only been there once in the past several years. I know its not a quiet place. I'm just sick of waiting hours to get on the lake at Mojave and not being able to get a slip because the're always sold out. :mad: Seems like Havasu may be a little less "crowded" in that sense since there are way more places to put your boat on or to camp. Thanks for the info on the Islander, I will check it out. Is there a waiting list? :confused:
Thanks,
Old Lavey

Skaterfast
08-17-2002, 09:02 AM
YES THERE IS A WAITING LIST,BUT IF YOU GET ON THE LIST NOW AND BUY MY 37FT 5TH WHEEL AT THE END OF THE YEAR YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO KEEP MY SPOT.1987 HITCHHIKER 37FT WITH SLIDE OUT 13K.I'LL GET THE FEEL FOR IT NEXT WEEKEND AND SEE IF IT WILL WORK OUT.I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT IN THE PAST,BUT THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE LIST FOR A YEAR OR SO.E MAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK.

Mohavekid
08-17-2002, 10:08 AM
Lavey, Cottonwood Cove is way less crowded than Katherine's or Havasu. There's lot's of sandy beaches a few miles north of the marina. It's not much of a party place, unless you bring the party with you.

Outnumbered
08-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Been there a few times. Last few times we tried to get a room there it was booked pretty solid. How is the RV park there? Never really paid attention? I'll look into it.
Skater, thanks for the offer but I'm looking for a little more low-budget set up for my first RV. Infact, still just kicking the idea around.
Thanks
Old Lavey

jet4fun
08-18-2002, 12:22 PM
i would also look into havasu springs resort on the very south end of the lake.
my uncle has a 40ft motorhome and keeps his boat and golf cart there in storage. he has 3 children ranging in age from about 3 to 7, i have been there a couple of times and everyone is so nice, everybody knows eachother by their first name, it is very family oriented, the kids have a lot of friends there, it is like a small neighborhood away from your real one.
the place is gated, the facilities are very clean, and they can accomodate all sizes of rv's they also have mobiles you can buy, or apartements to rent, and a golf course. there is a nice large beach area, a private launch ramp, and boat slips for when youre there.
also since it is in the very south end of the lake it tends to be the least busy part of the lake, but you can still cruise to all the hot spots on the lake, also if you want to go to the parker strip instead, you are only a few minutes away.

RVRKID
08-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Check out Havasu Landing, I have always had a great time there and they have 3 ramps.