PDA

View Full Version : CBBB Roll Call!!!!!!!!!!!

flat broke
08-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Okay Gang, Here it is.
Let's make this the last thread about the CBBB outside of the Caravan thread until we get back from the Avi. :) Since we've had some questions about who's going, what kind of boats are showing, etc; here's some info everyone might want.
So far this is the headcount
Picklefork1
Custom Cruiser
Dick Danger
aduner2
HBjet
challengerjet
hack job
Hustler
rivercrazy
XClutchboy725
Boater Bill
flat broke
toddnjuzz
RiverToysJas
Dano
Hotcrusader76
Erik
Flames
cyclone
Witchcraft
Spectratoad
Squirtcha?
78Eliminator
GM Killer
Beached1
cal air
GotRiver?
WETDAWG
UCLA1Spot
HolyMoly
Racing Rascal
Party Fever
Spectrabrent
In addition to the names above, there are 14 other parties that have rsvp'd without a forum screen name/handle. This makes for a total of 47 groups heading to the Avi next weekend! :)
The total number of guests RSVP'd as of this morning is.... 147. Of which 123 are adults, 17 are 10 yrs old or under, and 7 are between 11 and 20 years old.
Based off of the RSVP form, 41 rooms should be reserved at this point in time. However, the last booking sheet from the Avi indicated that only 11 groups had reserved their rooms. :confused: Technically speaking our booking period closed on July 26th, but I hear some people have still been able to get rooms, and at the discounted rate as late as two days ago. If you haven't gotten a room at the Avi and still need to make your reservation, please call 800-671-1167 and tell them you need a room with booking number 7057. I can't insure there will be rooms left, but it doesn't hurt to try.
We will be getting an agenda together for everyone by the middle of next week at the latest. While this is pretty much a casual "hang out with other boaters" type of event, we do have some awards, contests, photo ops, and other activities we'd like everyone to participate in. So stay tuned.
Check back on this thread during the next couple of days for updates, information, and general discussion. If anyone has ideas for the event, we're always up for suggestions.
Thanks to everyone who has registered. We look forward to seeing all of you at the Avi next weekend.
Chris

disco_charger
08-03-2002, 10:40 PM
How come I didn't make the list?
Disco

SPECTRABRENT
08-03-2002, 10:45 PM
Chris,
I will be there with a Red & White Spectra 20.
I will be leaving @ 6:30am from Santa Clarita.
Brent

flat broke
08-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Good question Brian.
I found your orriginal RSVP email, and I could swear I saw your name earlier today when I was doing data entry. In fact as I go through the file right now, I know I have input your address before. Sooo, add yourself to the list and I'm re-adding you to our tracking sheet as we speak. As a result I'm going through to look for other omissions, but at least the thread is doing what I hoped it would. Sorry for the hastle... feel free to hit me up for a beer on Saturday for the confusion.
Chris

flat broke
08-03-2002, 11:34 PM
In going back through the files and comparing them to the tracking sheet, it looks like a couple people had somehow been deleted off of the tracking sheet. Below is the corrected and updated list of attendees. If you don't see your name, post up on this thread and I'll check it out and get back to you.
Picklefork1
Custom Cruiser
Dick Danger
aduner2
HBjet
challengerjet
hack job
Hustler
rivercrazy
XClutchboy725
Boater Bill
flat broke
toddnjuzz
RiverToysJas
Dano
Hotcrusader76
Erik
Flames
cyclone
Witchcraft
Spectratoad
Squirtcha?
78Eliminator
GM Killer
Beached1
cal air
GotRiver?
WETDAWG
UCLA1Spot
HolyMoly
Racing Rascal
Party Fever
Spectrabrent
Disco_Charger
oneultrarat
JordanPaulk
Slick
Holland Thunder
Freakonaleash
The updated information brings the RSVP'd headcount to 169 with 54 boats!!!!
If there's anyone else out there that was missed or wants to attend, just let us know.
Thanks,
Chris

disco_charger
08-04-2002, 09:17 AM
Careful on offering me a free beer, I'm like a stray dog, give me a beer and I won't go away. wink
Disco

Hotcrusader76
08-04-2002, 03:37 PM
I just busted a trailer bunk coming back from Blythe today, and my bucket control is frozen....Update later tomorrow night after I drown my self in sorrow.....f%&k!
and I have a vacuum leak at 3-4K RPM. WTF!....I haven't touched her for 3 weeks, and I deserve this kind of respect? I think my throttle shaft is loose...No prob!....Bucket control cable? Hmmmm...I'll get back you on that....Trailer bunk? Hell....I'll tie her down to the top of the F-350 Crew-cab.....
Anyone got any other ideas until Thursday night? Carbs, Fuel, Induction...no problem....boat problems that involve wood and plastic... S.O.S

spectratoad
08-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Chris, Sorry for the late notice. I have been slammed here at home and work. I will have to bow out of the bash it really sucks cause I have been trying to get it arranged to go. Really wanted to meet everyone. I hope there is onther soon though. Todd frown

Elsinore Cop
08-04-2002, 07:16 PM
I will be breaking it in for you..leaving tomorrow for Avi. Unfortunately gotta come back Friday before CBBB.

WETDAWG
08-05-2002, 06:33 AM
FB,
We gotta back out of next weekend. We were out there last weekend and got couldn't get the Wet Dawg fixed. We are really pissed
We will be there next year and looking forward to hearing about the great times.
The security people at AVI are cool. (see Godd uys at AVI message under the Sandbar)
Have a great time!
WD

flat broke
08-05-2002, 07:12 AM
Wetdawg, Spectratoad, and Elsinore Cop... Sorry to hear you guys can't make it. Wetdawg, I hope you get your boat fixed soon so you can enjoy a bit more summer. Spectratoad, is your brother still going to attend? The changes are noted and reflected below. Don't worry, there will be tons of pictures when we get back. :)
Picklefork1
Custom Cruiser
Dick Danger
aduner2
HBjet
challengerjet
hack job
Hustler
rivercrazy
XClutchboy725
Boater Bill
flat broke
toddnjuzz
RiverToysJas
Dano
Hotcrusader76
Erik
Flames
cyclone
Witchcraft
Squirtcha?
78Eliminator
GM Killer
Beached1
cal air
GotRiver?
UCLA1Spot
HolyMoly
Racing Rascal
Party Fever
Spectrabrent
Disco_Charger
oneultrarat
JordanPaulk
Slick
Holland Thunder
Freakonaleash
See everyone on Friday/Saturday,
Chris

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 11:19 AM
So far so good!.....Sounds like I might still be in the game!

XClutchboy725
08-05-2002, 11:39 AM
HotCrusader76...... I might want to pick your imense carburator knowledge base while we are there. I've got a slight hesitation when I run at a certain RPM for a while and then apply more throttle. I replaced the fuel pump recently in hope to solve the problem, but it's still there. Make no mistakes however......we will be there no matter what... It least it floats!!

HM
08-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Chris,
I was not able to get the good rate, as they said only the $109 rates were available (this was last Wed).
We (my wife (6 months pregnant) and 19 month old son) are still coming. We are going to be staying at a friends home just south and will drive up. We may also set up a tent at the campground for a place to break and nap. I have a tent with an A.C. unit! It keeps the inside of the tent at about 80 degrees when it is 110 out.
Look forward to hangin with real river boats! Went to Parker this last weekend and am tired all the off shore boats and cats tearing up a tiny piece of water.
[ August 06, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: HolyMoly ]

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 11:52 AM
HolyMoly:
Chris,
Look forward to hangin with real river boats! Went to Parker this last weekend and am tired all the off shore boats and cats tearing up a tiny piece of water.
Look for me in this:
I agree on that...The twin and thriple Jobbers need to stay in the ocean...it makes it quite rough for even 21 footers

rivercrazy
08-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Its the Wakeboard boats with their bladders and rear end draggers that cause most of the problems as well.
Hotcrusader76:
HolyMoly:
Chris,
Look for me in this:
I agree on that...The twin and thriple Jobbers need to stay in the ocean...it makes it quite rough for even 21 footers

Slick
08-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately, Sara and I will not be making this one. We were really looking forward to it and are very disseapointed. Have fun.

78Eliminator
08-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Like the song says: "I'll be there"

flat broke
08-05-2002, 02:45 PM
HolyMoly:
Chris,
I was not able to get the good rate, as they said only the $109 rates were available (this was last Wed).
We (my wife (6 months pregnant) and 19 month old son) are still coming. We are going to be staying at a friends home just south and will drive up. We may also set up a tent at the campground for a place to break and nap. I have a tent with an A.C. unit! It keeps the inside of the tent at about 80 degrees when it is 110 out.
Look for me in this:
http://www.***boat.net/class/9096792637a.jpgHolyMoly,
I'm sorry to hear that they wouldn't give you the discounted rate, but technically there ins't anything I can do. Our booking closed on the 26th which meant that everyone should have registered by that time. However, it sounds like a few other people were able to get the discounted rate after the cut off. When you called, did you ask for booking number 7057? If not, try calling back and seeing if they'll still put you in our group at the discounted rate. By the numbers they shouldn't but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Even with the couple of cancellations we've had, there are still going to be plenty of river boats out there so get ready to have a good time.
See you there,
Chris

78Eliminator
08-05-2002, 02:47 PM
XClutchboy725:
HotCrusader76...... I might want to pick your imense carburator knowledge base while we are there. I've got a slight hesitation when I run at a certain RPM for a while and then apply more throttle. I replaced the fuel pump recently in hope to solve the problem, but it's still there. Make no mistakes however......we will be there no matter what... It least it floats!!I'm no "pro" but that sounds like an accel. pump problem.....

HM
08-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Chris,
no worries about the rate - I was late in signing up as I did not know if I could make it until late. I will try again for the rate - I did not mention the booking number, but told them I was with the CBBB. No harm in trying again - I actually tried a couple of times before trying to get different people on the phone and sent them an e-mail - I think they were on to me!!
again, no worries! Lookin forward to being there.

HM
08-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Sweet! I just called and got the rate!
Wife will be very appreciative!

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 05:02 PM
78Eliminator:
XClutchboy725:
HotCrusader76...... I might want to pick your imense carburator knowledge base while we are there. I've got a slight hesitation when I run at a certain RPM for a while and then apply more throttle. I replaced the fuel pump recently in hope to solve the problem, but it's still there. Make no mistakes however......we will be there no matter what... It least it floats!!I'm no "pro" but that sounds like an accel. pump problem.....Possiable powervalve issue, but if not then the accelerator pump circuit, yes....I'll bring some extra powervalves to replace yours. I won't have teflon gaskets, only the paper ones, but at least you can start running her, but I am hard to keep up with
....Always remember...when my girlfriend is around...we are just Bull shitting...not talking about carbs...it makes her sick...I am not shitting you!....Carb this Carb that...Blah blah blah....
She could do a stand-up act about me...so keep it on the low low...LOL>... :rolleyes:
[ August 05, 2002, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

HBjet
08-05-2002, 06:39 PM
HolyMoly:
Sweet! I just called and got the rate!Equals buying the first round!
HBjet

Boater Bill
08-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Anybody know what kind of fuel is available at the Avi? Gonna be kinda hard to sneak in a bunch of race gas into the hotel room. :D

HBjet
08-05-2002, 06:41 PM
92 at the dock. And it wasn't cheap the last time I was there.
HBjet

HM
08-05-2002, 07:00 PM
HBjet:
HolyMoly:
Sweet! I just called and got the rate!Equals buying the first round!
HBjetAlrighty - is it possible to turn that squirter of yours into a tap? j/k! :D :D
See you there!

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Boater Bill:
Anybody know what kind of fuel is available at the Avi? Gonna be kinda hard to sneak in a bunch of race gas into the hotel room. :D I will have my F-350 there with camper on if you need to gas storage....I get 2 qts of race gas per stored can...LOL

XClutchboy725
08-05-2002, 07:22 PM
I'll offer up the Excursion for a parking lot fuel storage facility as well!! ....HotCrusader76.....you read my mind on the power valves!!! I think mine are pretty low hg 4.5 or something like that.... don't worry.....I'll keep it on the down low....I'll put a beer in your hand and she'll be none the wiser :p

Boater Bill
08-05-2002, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hotcrusader76:
I will have my F-350 there with camper on if you need to gas storage....I get 2 qts of race gas per stored can...LOL
Cool, I'll bring the 54 gal drum! :D
[ August 05, 2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Boater Bill ]

rivercrazy
08-05-2002, 08:17 PM
There is two gas stations at the AVI. One in the lagoon (they sell only 92 octane Texaco at 2.69 per gallon) and one immediately adjacent to the hotel. The gas there is much cheaper but still a little pricy. Still 87, 89, and 91 octane.
There is a Safeway gas station just across the river that sells gas way cheaper.

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 08:24 PM
XClutchboy725:
I'll offer up the Excursion for a parking lot fuel storage facility as well!! ....HotCrusader76.....you read my mind on the power valves!!! I think mine are pretty low hg 4.5 or something like that.... don't worry.....I'll keep it on the down low....I'll put a beer in your hand and she'll be none the wiser :p She aka"GTJewels" has a 6th sense that some she got from a string of Italian DNA...I have no idea where it came from....She drives a GT Mustang...and is quite the gearhead otherwise....LOL
I'll have plenty of extra parts on hand. We can check the vacuum on that motor real quick, toss in the valve, and then you should be golden!
-Ty

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2002, 08:26 PM
Boater Bill:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hotcrusader76:
I will have my F-350 there with camper on if you need to gas storage....I get 2 qts of race gas per stored can...LOL
Cool, I'll bring the 54 gal drum! :D eek! Ok now....maybe I should start a waiting list then....I want to drive home in my diesel rig as well as helping ya'll out without turning it into a Ford Hand-grenade....but 54 gallons of Trick/VP....:::cough::: :::cough::: Ok...then!
[ August 05, 2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

rivercrazy
08-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Just checked the updated flow report forecast. Both 8/10 and 8/11, the releases from Davis Dam are forecast to be 14,000 cfs. Those are decent flows so no major worries at all (even for eggbeaters). That's actually pretty high.
For those who are not that familar with this section of river, the water starts off a little low in the morning and comes up pretty fast around 11-12am. It peaks around 3-4pm and stays up pretty late at night. :D

78Eliminator
08-06-2002, 01:52 PM
I'll be there in this:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DSC00805.JPG

78Eliminator
08-06-2002, 01:58 PM
RiverDave:
Justin is that when you and Ty were out dialing in your carbs?
P.S. I like the flame arrestors better then the scoop...
P.S.S. Barney's back in Biz, if you want to get your boat regelled, like we were talking about.
RDYep, that was Sunday. I was kinda thinking the same thing about the flame arrestors. Looks kinda lower profile and more subtle. Besides, with carbs that nice, why hide them under a big scoop? What does Barney charge for a complete job?
[ August 06, 2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
78Eliminator:
I'll be there in this:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DSC00805.JPGThis is me telling the boat's motor: "You have had to much to drink, no more fuel for you".
Next picture you'll see will be Justin at the pumps getting more gas!
-Ty

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 02:19 PM
I am letting everyone know right now so that I wont be called a flake. I will not be attending due to the massive amount of OT that my dept is currently experiencing, and my vacation ebing cancelled. Totally sucks, but there is nothing I can do about it. -Dick "CBBB-less" Danger out

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Totally ture RD, but I am not one of those guys that says I will be somewhere, and then doesnt show. The problem lies with: many ff injuries, people quitting, etc, so my vacation was thrown right out the window. Dont rub it in, cos I was totally looking forward to going. -DD "sucks to be me" Out

XClutchboy725
08-06-2002, 04:27 PM
HotCrusader76.......I have dual 6109's. They have no vacuum ports! And nothin' in the tunnel ram either. Do you have a way to check hg on these?
DD....that sucks!! I was lookin' foreward to meeting a fellow Riversider...Oh well, catch ya nest time....
[ August 06, 2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]

HBjet
08-06-2002, 05:41 PM
let's recap here.
Run Whatcha Brung = No Dick Danger
OP6CIII = No Dick Danger
CBBB = No Dick Danger
Yup! Your a flake!
HBjet

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Man, you guys are brutal!!! I have had this on the calendar for many months now, and my only alternative is calling in sick to work. The problem is, I already cancelled my room at the Avi. -DD Out

Hustler
08-06-2002, 06:37 PM
HBjet:
let's recap here.
Run Whatcha Brung = No Dick Danger
OP6CIII = No Dick Danger
CBBB = No Dick Danger
Yup! Your a flake!
HBjetWow look at mister smarty pants bringing up the facts!!
I agree...Your a Flake :D :D :p

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Well now I am "flaking out"
OP6C III- Flake
CBBB - Flake
Sorry guys but the boat is down...
I need a new valve spring and getting them done by Friday isn't going to happen. I was going to send up some carburetor parts with Justin "78Elimnator" but it looks as if he might be withdrawing also. Ignition problems and lack of dial in time with the carbs. San Vicente was closed today (we didn't know this) so we weren't able to test run....again!
Sorry to let everyone down, as if I was that important or anything.
I am pulling the heads tomorrow and I am going to rebuild them. I think I will throw in a new cam as well so I can hit the bottle soon. See you all at Martinez....
-Ty
[ August 06, 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Well, if it is any consolation, we had already been talking about doing another Pyramid BBQ/Beerfest type of deal before the summer ends. It was totally cool camping out, and hitting the lake at 630 am. I guess me and HC76 can go sit in our corner now with our bowls of Frosted Flakes...heh heh heh. -Dick "Flaky as a mofo" Danger out

Windy
08-06-2002, 07:31 PM
We'll be thinken about you losers...J/K HA, HA.
Sh^t happens,
MissHBjet

DickDanger
08-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Miss HB, I cant believe that I have made it an entire summer without meeting ya!!! I think that Randy is just keeping you away from me, thinking that I will be a bad influence. Uncle Gigamurph gave you some props this weekend and said that you and Mr HB are totally cool to hang with. The next time a firefighter pay bill comes up for election, vote me a raise so that we can hire some more f**king people!!!! -Dick "Loser" Danger out

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2002, 08:17 PM
DickDanger:
Miss HB, I cant believe that I have made it an entire summer without meeting ya!!! I think that Randy is just keeping you away from me, thinking that I will be a bad influence. Uncle Gigamurph gave you some props this weekend and said that you and Mr HB are totally cool to hang with. The next time a firefighter pay bill comes up for election, vote me a raise so that we can hire some more f**king people!!!! -Dick "Loser" Danger outMiss HB,
Your not missing much! LOL
:D

flat broke
08-06-2002, 09:01 PM
So to update the roll sheet....
Picklefork1
Custom Cruiser
aduner2
HBjet
challengerjet
hack job
Hustler
rivercrazy
XClutchboy725
Boater Bill
flat broke
toddnjuzz
RiverToysJas
Dano
Erik
Flames
cyclone
Witchcraft
Squirtcha?
78Eliminator?????????????
GM Killer
Beached1
cal air
GotRiver?
UCLA1Spot
HolyMoly
Racing Rascal
Party Fever
Spectrabrent
Disco_Charger
oneultrarat
JordanPaulk
Holland Thunder
Freakonaleash
Anyone else want to go ahead and back out so they can catch up on their taped Oprah episodes? wink
Senor Danger, you cut me man, you cut me deep. You were the 3rd person to sign up for the bash... Do you realize what kind of centimental effect that had? I'm just busting your chops cause everyone else is getting free jabs in :)
Since Jason and I have to divy up the goodies for everyone, its helpful to know when people are not going to be able to make it. From my standpoint, it's waaaay cooler to give a heads up before hand, than to pull a total flake and just not show.
Custom Cruiser,
Are you still planing on attending? I need to get Em in your Howard so I can justify either a blower install or some serious cubes for the Spectra after I take care of a couple of other priorities :)
I can't emphasize how much I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone and finaly getting to enjoy some quality time with my boat.
See ya on Friday/Saturday,
Chris

Windy
08-06-2002, 09:10 PM
Hotcrusader76:
DickDanger:
Miss HB, I cant believe that I have made it an entire summer without meeting ya!!! I think that Randy is just keeping you away from me, thinking that I will be a bad influence. Uncle Gigamurph gave you some props this weekend and said that you and Mr HB are totally cool to hang with. The next time a firefighter pay bill comes up for election, vote me a raise so that we can hire some more f**king people!!!! -Dick "Loser" Danger outMiss HB,
:D OUCH HotCrusader...LOL
Hey Dick have your captain hire me...Im a licensed EMT now

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2002, 09:26 PM
MissHBjet:
Hotcrusader76:
DickDanger:
:D OUCH HotCrusader...LOL
Hey Dick have your captain hire me...Im a licensed EMT nowDon't get me wrong....DD is a stud....true and true!
Both of us can give I.V's as well...so we are an asset for morning hang-overs. Unfortunately ya'll will have to wait until another for my skills.

Jordy
08-06-2002, 09:30 PM
To update the list even further, I will not be attending... now before I start getting called names, I have a perfectly good explanation. I, if all goes like it should, will be putting my MOTOR in my boat. HOORAY. It has only been down since April. I picked my heads up yesterday and the short block was being assembled when I was there. As much as I hate to miss it, I am going to have to pass on this one.
Have a good time and take lots of pictures.
Jordy :D

flat broke
08-06-2002, 09:43 PM
Picklefork1
Custom Cruiser
aduner2
HBjet
challengerjet
hack job
Hustler
rivercrazy
XClutchboy725
Boater Bill
flat broke
toddnjuzz
RiverToysJas
Dano
Erik
Flames
cyclone
Witchcraft
Squirtcha?
78Eliminator?????????????
GM Killer
Beached1
cal air
GotRiver?
UCLA1Spot
HolyMoly
Racing Rascal
Party Fever
Spectrabrent
Disco_Charger
oneultrarat
Holland Thunder
Freakonaleash
I better stop updating this, or there isn't going to be anyone left. :| Don't worry Jordy, there will be plenty of pictures.
Chris

HBjet
08-06-2002, 10:31 PM
You gys flaking are a bunch of knuckle heads. What the hell, you've had so much time to plan this, and the week before you guys are having cold feet. Didn't we mention the wet-t shirt contest that were going to have? I didn't? Oh, because were not going to have one anymore because the attendance level is too low. Thanks guys!
Ok, Ty, why don't you both work on Justins clunker and just bring that out.
HBjet

HM
08-06-2002, 10:40 PM
I think I feel a "because I said so" thread coming on!
guys who bail out on the CBBB at the last minute = Gay

HM
08-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Any more bail outs, and I will have my co-pilot call you and give you an ear full!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/Colecell.JPG

partyfever
08-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Its timeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
just loaded up the truck will be headed out this evning see ya all up there , bloodies and b fast at topak sat am sould be there about 9 am then up to avi by 11
see ya all up there, that is the ones that dont FLAKE!!!!!!!
se ya
p.f.

Hotcrusader76
08-07-2002, 03:59 AM
I feel the love....LOL....but there is a disturbance in the force!....just can't pin-point it...
Justin's clunker???? What??? That thing is going to smoke someone real soon....we are still trying to rig 8 point harnesses for the driver...that boat is "light"....We had it at 5300RPM fatter than a pig, and she was airing out over light chop...WTF! Now NOS is in order....I'll R and D from the beach...
-Ty

Boater Bill
08-07-2002, 09:36 AM
If I don't get my boat waxed, the aluminum polished, and the truck washed in the next two days I'm flaking out too! :D

HBjet
08-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Hotcrusader76:
Justin's clunker???? What??? That thing is going to smoke someone real soon....That's it, just smoke them? What happen to burning them?
J/K
Get that thing fixed, what the hell is taking so long?
HBjet

cal-air
08-07-2002, 09:51 AM
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what the water level will be at the AVI?

Hustler
08-07-2002, 10:31 AM
The water level should be normal by about 11 or so and usually stays up into the night

HM
08-07-2002, 10:37 AM
cal-air:
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what the water level will be at the AVI?Randy,
did not realize you were going! Will I get to see that Calabria? I would ask for a pull, but have to nurse the torn MCL for a while! :mad:
Frank

XClutchboy725
08-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Folks, you are not going to believe this.........
My girlfriend came home from work today to find the house completely flooded in 2 inches of water! She called me as I sat on the 91 FWY and told me the great news. So, after stopping at Sears to buy the biggest F#*&ing wet/dry vac they had, I got home. Apparently the water purifier installed under the sink decided to blow a gasket, probably about 8:05 this morning, after we were gone!!!! So we've got quite the cleanup ahead of us for tonight......
I'll bet you all think this is my way of opting out of CBBB.....NO WAY!!!! WE WILL BE THERE......WE ARE JUST GETTING WET A LITTLE EARLIER THAN WE PLANNED.
NO PUSSIES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freakonaleash
08-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Well not going to be able to make it out till late saterday because of f**king work but will still hit the water sometimesat hope I'll be able hook up with some of you guys DAM work sucks!!!!!!!! :mad:

flat broke
08-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Props to XClutchboy and Freakonaleash!
When the going gets tough, the tough still head to the river... just a little later than planned. I'll be looking forward to meeting you guys on Saturday.
Talk to you later,
Chris

RiverToysJas
08-07-2002, 07:03 PM
XClutchboy725:
Folks, you are not going to believe this.........
WE WILL BE THERE......WE ARE JUST GETTING WET A LITTLE EARLIER THAN WE PLANNED.
NO PUSSIES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You BETTER be there!!! YOu have the logo boat, you can't not come! Besides, I'm bringing my tube and everything!!! wink
Sorry about your house! That really sucks. I had a water let go in my old house one time. The sear wet/dry really did it's job though. We didn't even need an isurance claim. ALthough I was home when it happened.

cal-air
08-07-2002, 08:30 PM
HolyMoly:
cal-air:
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what the water level will be at the AVI?Randy,
did not realize you were going! Will I get to see that Calabria? I would ask for a pull, but have to nurse the torn MCL for a while! :mad:
FrankI've already made my room reservations and signed up via the webpage, however:
1. I was gonna go with 78Eliminator (he's a co-worker) but he has since flaked. Or is at least wishy washer, can't depend on him going. I just feel kinda funny because I don't know anyone and I'm not showing up with a classic boat. I promise I won't kick up any big wakes, I'll just sit in my boat, enjoy the atmosphere, and nurse the silvers. :)
2. I'm not even sure I can put it in at the river due to water depth. I guess I'll just take it and play it by ear. Worst case scenario, the boat will stay on the trailer and I can still enjoy the atmosphere and nurse the silvers.
I was contemplating backing out but XClutchboy and Freakonaleash have motivated me and I'll be there this weekend. I'm not leaving till really late on Friday night, so I won't see anyone until Saturday morning. So Frank to answer your question, yes I'll be there, and yes you'll get to see the Calabria.

HM
08-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Cal Air Randy,
I have not met any of these people going. I am bringin my wife and 19 month son, and we would gladly hang in your boat and listen to some tunes (child friendly) and we'll bring the refreshments! Our little hot rod has no tunes and no sun shade, so we were only plannin on a couple of runs in it, and hangin in the lagoon.
The water level is only a concern earlier in the morning. After 10 AM, the water is pretty high. I have the same underwater gear as you, you just have to pay attention to the water a bit more. I am sure people will let us know where the shallow spots are.
Your boat is a classic (in design atleast!) The straight drive came before the V-drive, the jet and so on! We will just sit in the back and pretend it is a cracker box! I think everyone is just looking for a good social outing - so what if you are in wakeboarding boat (just don't tell them about your ballast system.....shhhhhh). :D

Hustler
08-07-2002, 09:35 PM
xclutchboy,freakonaleash and calair I'm glad to hear you guys are still going to make it, this is going to real fun weekend.
Frank do you think the locals would be pissed if we invaded the lagoon with 20-30 boats?
As far as that 78eliminator guy goes we dont need him anyway...it's to hot for a camp fire :D :D :p

HBjet
08-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Hustler:
As far as that 78eliminator guy goes we dont need him anyway...it's to hot for a camp fireBoy isn't that right. 78, your should at least come out with your co worker in his boat and have a good time with the rest of us. Just because you know I will smoke you that you have to make up some carb story. That's cool. Whatever:)
HBjet

cal-air
08-08-2002, 07:16 AM
78Eliminator:
Like the song says: "I'll be there"Where exactly do you mean by "there"?

cal-air
08-08-2002, 07:18 AM
HolyMoly,
I'll have plenty of room, shade, and tunes!!!!

flat broke
08-08-2002, 07:27 AM
Okay kids,
Here it is, the rundown of what'll be going on over the course of the CBBB.
Friday morning, one of a couple of Caravans will be meeting up at the Mickey D's in Norco off of 6th st.
Friday afternoon after everyone has gotten settled into their rooms, Look for me (wearing event T, Camo Jungle hat, and the Yellow and Red Spectra; and I'll get you checked off on the roll sheet, assign your boat/party its event number, give you your voting ballot and answer any questions you may have.
Saturday morning I'll be set up in the lagoon with the EZ UP selling shirts and assigning boat/party numbers, handing out ballots to those that rolled in later on Friday and Saturday morning. I'll be out on the beach by 9am in order commandeer some real estate. If anyone else is getting up early to tinker on the boat, take an early morning cruise etc. Stop by the lagoon first and nail your spot on the beach.
Saturday afternoon Make sure to have your boat/party checked in with me, Jason, or whoever, I've handed the clipboard off to at that point by 2pm! At 2pm we'll be starting the first of a few organized activities and raffles. At this time we would also like to start collecting ballots. We will be having an inner tube paddle race, Beach Volleyball as soon as Jason shows up, and raffling off some pretty nice prizes from our Sponsors: Got River and BoatPart.com. At 3pm, we'll round up all of the ballots and tally the votes. As soon as the votes are counted, prizes will be awarded to the winners.
After the raffles and activities, We'll be heading out of the lagoon to setup a floatilla/semi-aerial photo. We'd really like to pack as many boats as possible in for the photo, so even if you plan on missing the earlier afternoon events, make it back to the Lagoon in time for this event.
After the floatilla/photo we'll probably take a run up river which should be a sight to see with the amount of boats that have RSVP'd.
That is pretty much it for the formal activities for the weekend. Remember, the objective for the weekend is just get as many classic boats/owners together as possible, hang out, and have a good time. The whole deal should be very laid back so just bring your boat, stocked cooler, and a great attitude.
A couple of reminders/points of interest.
1. In order to be eligible for raffle prizes, to receive a boat/party number and ballot sheet; you must check in with Jason, myself, or whoever is running the show in our absence :)
2. Remember, this is a family event, so even though we encourage everyone to have a good time, keep an eye out for the little guys and remember they look up to adults, so set a good example.... at least when they're watching wink
3. T-shirts for the event will be available on at the event. Should we sell out of shirts, and you still want one, let me know and we can have more made upon our return and mailed out to you.
I look forward to meeting a lot of new people and seeing those I already know again. Let's have a fun, safe, and memorable weekend. See you at the AVI!
Chris

78Eliminator
08-08-2002, 09:20 AM
I just made an executive decision. I'M GOING NO MATTER WHAT! **** IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Justin

Hotcrusader76
08-08-2002, 09:31 AM
See now you got Justin all fired up!
But I am still sticking to my guns...My boat needs some work on the motor...
J- I'll see you this afternoon at San V around 330 or so.
-Ty

78Eliminator
08-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Hotcrusader76:
See now you got Justin all fired up!
But I am still sticking to my guns...My boat needs some work on the motor...
J- I'll see you this afternoon at San V around 330 or so.
-TyNot today Ty, tomorrow (Friday) morning at 6am. I am banking on the floats. Going to put them waaaaaay low tonight and re check them in the water tomorrow......

HBjet
08-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Hotcrusader76:
See now you got Justin all fired up!Seems to be a common thing for him.

78Eliminator
08-08-2002, 09:51 AM
HBjet:
Hotcrusader76:
See now you got Justin all fired up!Seems to be a common thing for him.When I buy a round, I will exclude you.

HBjet
08-08-2002, 09:52 AM
flat broke:
Should we sell out of shirts, and you still want oneYou can buy an OP6CIII T-Shirts, Key Chain Floaties, and Stickers
HBjet
[ August 08, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

flat broke
08-08-2002, 12:51 PM
HBjet:
flat broke:
Should we sell out of shirts, and you still want oneYou can buy an OP6CIII T-Shirts, Key Chain Floaties, and Stickers
HBjetThen when you get back home email Admin@liquidaddiction.net or Jason@rivertoys.com and we'll get you taken care of with CBBB swag. Rumor has it there might be a photo CD with video in the works as well :)
Chris

cyclone
08-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Ok I'm going home to pack up the boat. If anyone gets lost or is running late to the meeting spot in Norco, give my cell phone a call.
714-267-4332
McDonalds off of 6th Ave and the 15 freeway in Norco..
See ya in the morning. whoohoo!

Hustler
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Well I'm outta here!!! heading home right now and should be on the road by 6. see everyone out there.
[ August 08, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Hustler ]

STV_Keith
08-09-2002, 07:53 AM
I'll be coming up on Saturday as well.

HBjet
08-09-2002, 09:08 AM
The HBjets and RacingRascals should be on the road at 2pm. So we will see the rest of you out there. We'll meet you all at the hotel for some drinks.
HBjet