PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear about the PWC vs Pontoon

EricinNv
08-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Happened yesterday morning on Havasu near Blackmeadow landing. I just heard a synopsis on Krrk. Pontoon driver said "He just pulled in front of me, I throttled back and put it in neutral, but just drove right over him". The driver a 37 year old male was airlifted with lacerations to the head, torso and legs. Passenger taken to the Hospital in LHC. 16 year old female, complaint of neck pain.

Laveyman
08-11-2002, 12:14 AM
FRIGGIN' LAKE LICE!!! This is just another example of Darwinism at it's best. Sooner or later those idiots who don't know how to drive responsibly will all assume room temperature. Unfortunately, they usually take innocent folks along with them. frown

jet4fun
08-11-2002, 02:48 PM
i agree, i hate idiots on lake lice, of course i own one but im not an idiot so i dont count :D . the only scarier thing is that as the pwcs get banned off of more lakes these idiots are gonna go buy bayliners instead. id rather hit or get hit by a pwc than a boat. the real problem is gettin idiots in general off the lake.
i honestly think there should be a boat license required to drive a boat or pwc, just like a car, youll have to go to drivers training and everything. and you would also have a seperate driving record for your boat license that way any tickets wont affect your "car" insurance. think of how much safer the waters would be, plus you wont just have these retards that just came from burts mega mall that dont even know how to pass port to port, and "whats a no wake zone"

RVRKID
08-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Just got home from the Havasu and the story was on the cover of the paper. From what it said was that the people on the pontoon were friends of his and they were cruising next to eachother and the PWC sped up and cut in front of them. I guess the guy the guy fell off and the pontoon drove over him. The guys girlfriend was on the boat also, what a beating that must have been.

01RENEGADE
08-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Yup herd the same thing. I was in havasu fri-mon and herd it from someone where we were staying. I hate to say it but pwcs are makeing a bad name for themselves.We were trying to ski mon and thier must have been 12 of them running around by us. I finally got pissed off and pointed to them to get the hell away from me that was right after one got so close to my boat and almost hit me than to see that the people driving the thing were about 11-12 years old.Oh well they will learn.Heading back tomorrow night.

HM
08-13-2002, 03:31 PM
I am finding new uses for my paint ball gun everyday! wink

Chestah Cheetah
08-13-2002, 03:38 PM
jet4fun:
i honestly think there should be a boat license required to drive a boat or pwc, just like a car, youll have to go to drivers training and everything. and you would also have a seperate driving record for your boat license that way any tickets wont affect your "car" insurance.This issue was beat to death last season but I do agree. Some suggest that we police ourselves to be better boaters/PWC'ers - keep dreaming, it's never going to happen so we might as well make it harder for the idiots to even get on the water. Who knows, maybe during their classes they'll learn something.

Hallett19
08-13-2002, 06:55 PM
I was heading away from site six towards sanbar coming around the bend in Wildbillg's boat (bad ass 28ft. Nordic) and a damn wave runner is coming along and almost litteraly tried to play chicken with me. He thought he could cut across my path and into the marina at site six before I passed him, so I pull back on the throttle 100% and he then decides to slow down no more than 10 feet away from me!!! Needless to say he got a bird from everyone in the boat including Willdbill's wife wink it was pretty funny, but I wanted to strike that guy down with great vengance and furious anger!!

jm2drvr
08-13-2002, 08:05 PM
hey hallett19, was that your girlfriend running around the sandbar, topless, with the playboy bunny stickers covering her nipples?

flat broke
08-13-2002, 09:00 PM
HolyMoly:
I am finding new uses for my paint ball gun everyday! wink Frank,
Not to hi-jack this topic, but there are a couple guys on the boards that play. We tried to get a ***boat game going, but it never panned out. Perhaps once it cools off we can try again.
Chris

Hallett19
08-13-2002, 09:07 PM
jm2drvr:
hey hallett19, was that your girlfriend running around the sandbar, topless, with the playboy bunny stickers covering her nipples?Nope, she is in Fl. visiting fam, I was down there a single guy this weekend, but I saw the girl you were talking about. What boat were you in and what days were you there ?

HM
08-13-2002, 10:07 PM
flat broke:
HolyMoly:
I am finding new uses for my paint ball gun everyday! wink Frank,
Not to hi-jack this topic, but there are a couple guys on the boards that play. We tried to get a ***boat game going, but it never panned out. Perhaps once it cools off we can try again.
ChrisI'm up! I only have a gun and some paint. CO2 canister needs a seal and a refill. I will need to rent protective head gear or borrow. Got shot in the adam's apple once - that kinda smarted!
How about a paint ball tourny at CBBB II?

Truth Be Told
08-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Saw this thread today,
I know who the driver of the PWC was, he is someone who had been to the river before but did not own the PWC and made some tragic (ie:stupid) decisions. His niece was the passenger and luckily she is fine. He has had two major blood clots removed from his brain and is still in serious condition (spent a week in critical) in Vegas. His liver was slashed open and he has a large, deep laceration that carves around from the front to back of his head. He will likely not be able to do the job that he did prior to the accident (which he truly enjoyed) all because of not using common sense when it mattered. There are no winners in this case. If anyone who reads this owns a PWC (or quads,any small motorized toys) keep your friends off em until you teach them riding rules,skills AWAY from everyone else out there or send them to a safety course (best option). I agree with all the comments about how senseless this was, but I also know NONE of us were born perfect boaters, someone taught us, remember to pass your safety knowledge along, it makes it better for all of us.

MJS
08-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Truth Be Told,
You are very right about telling and teaching what we all know.But these kids now a days know it all already.You have to want to learn to be safe and responable for your actions.But now adays,kids know that Mommy or Daddy will buy there way out of trouble.And it really is bad for the kid because,when they do hurt someone or maybe even kill someone,then they relize what they`ve done.And we`ve all seen it before,My son or daughter did`nt do that, You`re wrong,Joe-Bob or Buffy could`nt have done that, There Angels.
Where do you start,Alot of them are already gone,And they will pass there Dumbass gene on and on,There disregaurd and carelessness for others. Thats what get people hurt,THEY JUST DONT GIVE A SHIT.
JUST DOLLARS NO SENSE

rrrr
08-19-2002, 07:29 PM
I quit letting people ride mine unless it's on a weekday, with no one around. Too much risk, and I don't want to lose my ass in a courtroom because someone was stupid.
My brother has a big boathouse up at Texoma, lots of toys. I won't even go up there. Two weeks ago a pair of jackasses riding his waverunners collided, did over $2500 in damage. They all laughed and drank some more. That's why you have to watch those effing idiots.

WETDAWG
08-19-2002, 09:16 PM
BB TAHITI has the right idea with lake lice, wheh he see them make their move to his wake hie Roost them. OUCH!!!!!
I think he has 10 this seaon and more to come. eek!
Remember "Friends dont let friends drive bayliners!"

Jordy
08-19-2002, 10:04 PM
WETDAWG:
I think he has 10 this seaon and more to come. eek!
Does he paint little lake lice silhouettes on the side for each confirmed "kill" as that would be classic.
Jordy :D

Truth Be Told
08-20-2002, 06:38 AM
MJS, I hear ya on the parents who believe their kids over adults as to the dumb things kids do. They confuse hearing a kid tell them about a bad guy with understanding that kids do stupid things because they are kids and often try to hide it. There are a lot of adults that come out to ride motorized things for the first time and those are the ones I'm referring to as to teaching them. The kids with parents that only believe their kid's side of the story: let law enforcement, private attorneys and the coroner deal with those idiots.
P.S. the four stroke ban coming to the lakes might put a dent in the mass numbers of PWC's for a short while, and unfortuneatley drive a lot of the older two strokes to Parker Strip and points south on the Colorado river.

Charley
08-20-2002, 06:55 AM
I totally agree truth be told.... I KNOW FOR A FACT the pwc ban on the lakes is going to crowd the Laughlin,Needles,Parker and Blythe strips...more accidents are coming..... I have come off plane at least 5 times this year to avoid hitting brainless lake lice that have no perception of running parallel with the shore! :mad:

bchbum
08-21-2002, 06:34 PM
We just got back from Parker . The lake lice just kept flying by our docks at AZ. Shores no more than 15 to 20 feet away.Here we are trying to teach the kids to ski & worred about their safety. At least with no skier I could use the place to help wash their toys. BTW AZ. Shores was great place to stay