PDA

View Full Version : McIntyre Park Trip in Blythe

HotHallet
08-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Hello All! I would like to plan a trip to McIntyre Park in Blythe before the season is over and we still have some decent weather. Don't want to be boating with snow ski parkas and drinking luke warm Coors Lights. Anyway McIntyre is rad if you have never been there. Campgrounds are nice with all grass, clean bathrooms with hot showers, $20.00 a night camping. There is a general store on the premises but bring your beer with you as they got their liquor license pulled about a year ago for selling to a minor. Whoops! Next to the store there is a Texaco pump for emergency fill ups before you drop your pride and joys in the water. It's a cool park with lots of locals and just cool boaters. It is jet boat haven too with a lot of 18-19 foot over the transom header boats on the water. There is a cool cove called Goose Flats we all hang out in that is a good time. Cruising up river to the bridge is rad and we usually shut the boats off and float a bit. I'd like to see all the CBBB'rs out there. Disco, Hustler, Tom Foolrey, XClutchboy75, Cyclone (with his new boat), Todd, HolyMoly, HBJet,BoaterBill, MikeF, flatbroke, hackjob, and anyone else I might have forgotten. We can reserve a bunch of campsites and all camp together. It will be a great time with lots of liquor and a bunch of AC/DC or (isert favorite classic rock or 80's glam rock band here). One time we ran about 30 miles up river to the dam. There are also a few killer sand bars we can hang out on. Let me know if this sounds like a go for everyone. Give me some date suggestions as September is already shaping up to be pretty crazy for Leslie and I. If we did in September it would have to be early but early October looks good.

Tom Foolery
08-27-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm interested, early october sounds best for me.

Hustler
08-27-2002, 02:46 PM
I would love to do a trip like that, I'm not sure if we can make it though, funds are getting tight with wedding plan's. set a date and I'll see what we can do.

XClutchboy725
08-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Sounds interesting......Me and MissClutch are a definite maybe! October would be our input....
I like the idea of keeping cost down....Christmas is coming you know....
[ August 27, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]

Bense468
08-27-2002, 02:47 PM
I can't think that far ahead but i am going this weekend with a bunch of people and cyclone might be coming why are you not in? Hey Where is JIMMY?

HotHallet
08-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Bense468- I am headed to Mead for labor day with the family. My folks just bought a new river house. It would be cool if Jimmy was there. he is fun to party with. 45 and parties like 20 year old. Have I met you at McIntyre. Which boat do you have.

Bense468
08-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Travis I was with Chris Midkif that weekend of the 4th. I took the bottle of Jack to my head, remember? I am the guy with the boat the is so unreliable, do you remember saying that to me?

HotHallet
08-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Bense468- Now I remember. That was rad when you polished the Jack. Hopefully you can make it to that trip I am trying to put together. My boat is running killer right now and I am planning to put on a diverter this winter, install new carpet and a false floor. check ya later. Get your boat running so I can check it out and ride in it.

HBjet
08-27-2002, 06:33 PM
The HBjets would be down for going, but what date? We are already going to Parker 10/4-10/6 and 10/25-10/28. So we will see.
Do the camp sites have hook-ups for RV's and Trailers?
HBjet

Boater Bill
08-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Sounds good.

beached1
08-28-2002, 04:07 AM
I keep my trailer up river at Mayflower. So, nail some dates down and we could meet you guys at Goose Flatts or something.
HBjet, yes Mac has RV hookups.

hack job
08-28-2002, 06:08 AM
hot hallet count us in though i dont know if ill hav4e my boat but we can still show up for the activites and i am sure chris's boat will be working ! you never know you might rn in to a white blue and black spectra 19 out there wink

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 08:51 AM
Sounds like we have got a river trip brewing. Leslie and I are currently discussing dates so I will inform everyone next week so everyone can get it on the calendar. Tyson your boat sounds like it's going to look killer. Can't wait to check it out.How long did they tell you for the gelcoat? Ask Chris if he was sitting at the light on Van Ness and Artesia about 10 to 6 Pm yesterday. I think I saw him in the Tahoe.

flat broke
08-28-2002, 09:10 AM
HotHallet:
Sounds like we have got a river trip brewing. Leslie and I are currently discussing dates so I will inform everyone next week so everyone can get it on the calendar. Tyson your boat sounds like it's going to look killer. Can't wait to check it out.How long did they tell you for the gelcoat? Ask Chris if he was sitting at the light on Van Ness and Artesia about 10 to 6 Pm yesterday. I think I saw him in the Tahoe.That might have been me. I was probably heading back down to Long Beach. We have to get together locally for dinner or something. Who know's maybe I'll be needing some manpower to down beers while I "tinker" with the setup on the 20 in the immediate future. wink
Chris

Hustler
08-28-2002, 09:32 AM
What kind of tinkering are you doing chris?
[ August 28, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Hustler ]

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 09:45 AM
I'm always down for beers and working on boats. Check it out people. I looked at my calendar and in the midst of all the craziness I thought the weekend of October 11-13 looked good for McIntyre.I know for some the first weekend in October would not work and for Randy the last weekend wouldn't. I still have to talk to the boss (Leslie) and see if it will work for her so if it does it likes that weekend would be a winner.

flat broke
08-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Joe,
Just a few minor changes to the setup... Thats all wink
Above and beyond that, I also pulled my bowrail and windscreen a'la' Community Property and still have to compound out the boat to get the gel to match the color under the bowrail feet. The last thing I want to do is try my hand at making my own back cut shoe for my intake, but I have to talk to Jack about that for some professional input. Hopefully she'll be running just a little faster next time I take her out to the river. :)
Travis,
I'll do my best to hit McIntyre but I'm still not sure if we're going to be in Parker on the 4th or not. Like you, cash is tight in these parts and I've got some job related expenses coming up that have to be paid.
Talk to you guys later,
Chris

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Hey everybody. Looks like that weekend is going to work. I talked to Leslie and she says its a go.

Hustler
08-28-2002, 10:49 AM
I dont think we will be able to make it that weekend, we are renting a house in parker the weekend before and with the wedding only a month away from then I dont think I can pull it off.

gstark
08-28-2002, 11:22 AM
Keep an eye on the waterflow reports. Anything 9000 CFS and below is really dicey, unless you like to pass pounds of sand thru your engine and pump. Last year flows were from 7500 to 10000 CFS during the month of October. And those are peak flows, not early morning or late afternoon. Heck - I wouldn't even launch my neighbors boat at 7500.

HBjet
08-28-2002, 12:09 PM
We'll see, but that is going to be hard to pull off since we are renting a house in the Key's at Parker the weekend before.
HBjet

XClutchboy725
08-28-2002, 12:46 PM
How 'bout bumpin back to the weekend of the 19th and 20th?

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Jeff- I have a work related trip I have to go on that weekend to Phoenix. Maybe we can make it the weekend of the 25-27 of Oct.if knowone else has any other trips planned that particular weekend.

Bense468
08-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Travis the boat is running I am going to blythe tomorrow night. Randy so I take it that you are not coming?