PDA

View Full Version : Good, quick repair shop close to Black Meadow Landing

CA Stu
08-13-2002, 03:41 PM
Friend stores his 28' Conquest Enforcer out there, replaced water pump a month ago, last time out, boar started heating and was only shotting water out one side of the exhaust. He thinks that he left a vane in the block somehow. Any recommendatioins for a decent repair shop that won't be too busy to get right on it?
Thanks
CA Stu

OC-PARTYCAT
08-13-2002, 03:54 PM
take it apart and fix it there or.. haul it into parker. I dont know all the shops there but Im sure someone can fix it quick. Or he can launch it and limp it straight across the lake. I forgot the name of that marina directly across from BML. A friend of mine drove his boat over there and they fixed him up fast.

CA Stu
08-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks, OC! I think he is going to try it himself and if he can't do it, it's going to that shop right by Fox's, it's some name ending in "ucci" or "acci".
Did you unload your trailer at Black Meadow yet? What's the space rent on that thing.
Thanks again
Stu

boatnam2
08-14-2002, 03:11 PM
castu,take it to the guy that is right were you make the turn to go across the bridge into parker.my buddie just had work done there and was very pleased.the guy builds top fuel motors so he must know what he's doing.if he takes it to ducci he has to go all the way around anyways,cant cross the damm with a boat.

Slick
08-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Jim,
He's speaking of DaCucci. It is real close to Fox's. I haven't heard about their ability towards engine repairs, only their glass work.
The one you're speaking of is Half-Track marine. They do okay work. My boat was there a fair bit before I bought it. They do have an interior shop there that does great biminis and covers.

Boatcop
08-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Actually the one Boatnam's talking about is Manor Marine, Rick Cameron's shop in Earp.
Rick does good work, he's a former drag racer, and can get it done real quick. He's re-built a few engines for me, and I've always had good results.

boatnam2
08-14-2002, 03:41 PM
hey slick hows it going?boatcop knows the place.my buddies baot broke last week and he called all around and no one would even look at it for 3 weeks.rick fixed it that week and it even an outboard.

C-Ya
08-14-2002, 08:34 PM
The reason why you would not want to use "half track" or "D'Cucci" (nothing wrong with either) is because currently you can't tow your boat over the dam, so you would have to tow all the way to Parker and then back up the river. I would use Boat cop's advice!

CA Stu
08-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Thanks for all the info folks!
When is the construction on the Dam going to be finished so we can tow our boats across it?
As far as towing around to Parker from Black Meadows, my friend has a small plane and he flys out to Black Meadow where he stores his boat, I am a poor boy and tow my boat from Riverside to Parker ( Buckskin is my favorite campground, $1.99 pitchers of Bud Light? Right up the River from Sundance and RR? give me a break..) so to make him tow his boat a few miles doesn't break my heart...
Thanks again
CA Stu

Boatcop
08-15-2002, 05:10 PM
When is the construction on the Dam going to be finished so we can tow our boats across it?
The construction isn't the reason for the restrictions on Parker Dam. It's just coincidental that the maintenance is being done now.
The events of 11 months ago put those restrictions in place for security reasons. Get used to the long drive into Parker. The trailer and night time restrictions will be around for a LOOOOOONG time.

CA Stu
08-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Sheesh. I guess that the Lake Havasu area is high on the terrorist's list. Holy Cow.
More kneejerk reactionary legislation grounded in fear and no much else.
Thanks, Boatcop.
CA Stu <-- will stick to driving to Parker anyways
PS Is "Koob" still a sheriff in Parker? I used to work eith his cousin...

Boatcop
08-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Don't know any "Koob", and I've been here since '87.
It's not so much that Havasu is high on the list, but that Parker Dam is. You have to realize that it supplies drinking water and electrical power for about 15 million people.
While the flood resulting from taking out Parker Dam will only impact a thousand residents down river, the loss of drinking water will essentially cripple the whole southwest.
That's a chance none of us want to take.