PDA

View Full Version : Should We Be Scared ???

Hallett19
07-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Reading RTJ's post of the Colorado being low, the lakes being at a little over half of their capacity and the fact that everyone is talking about this global warming shit, they want to take SUV's and big cars/trucks off the roads to fight it, it seems like we should probably start doing something about this. I know its easier said than done, but ****, this is rediculous, is this the lowest it has ever been, is it a trend and it will come back soon or should we start to worry and do something about it??? I'm not freakin out, I just want to make sure there is enough water for me to test my boat on when I get the damn motor running !!!

Hustler
07-25-2002, 11:54 AM
Well I know what I'm going to do about it!!!
....Go boating :D
H19, whats the hold up on your motor? is Ben still working on it?

Hallett19
07-25-2002, 12:05 PM
No, he's done, but now I need to get a new oil pump for it and some hardware and put that baby in.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-25-2002, 12:09 PM
I don't know what to make of it really. I used to go to the river down by Blythe, Aha Quin, in the early 80's and the river got really, really, low for a few summers. It's all part of a cycle and not this global warming tree hugger BS!

shockwaveharry
07-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Hallett19:
...it seems like we should probably start doing something about this. Well, if you believe Grey Davis and the Pricks that snuck the "SUV Bill" through, then every time you pop a beer or exhale, you are contributing to "Global Warming" just as much as when you start your car or boat.
Should we all stop breathing?
Don't worry. Mother Nature has been taking care of this stuff for a lot longer than we've been around! What was the Ice Age? Global Cooling??? Did we do that??? In case nobody has looked lately, the Colorad River is in the middle of the freeking desert! A few slow winters in the snow department and the water levels go down. Nothing to do but wait...

rivercrazy
07-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Just drink more beer. Thats a recurring natural feeder stream. LOL.
I wouldn't worry Aaron. This is just part of the normal natures cycle going on. Droughts happen and floods happen.
Its just the tree huggers trying to convence everyone that everythings going haywire. They have their own agenda along with the media.
There is no concrete evidence of any greenhouse effect at this point. The scientific community is no where near coming to any kind of conclusion regarding this. There is not enough data for them to conclude anything with any degree of certainty. Sometimes a 10 year span is hotter or colder or wetter or dryer than some other 10 year span. Its all part of natures variability.
That's why the west created all these huge lakes in the first place. To store water during heavy water years and draw em down in low water years.
Bottom line... DON'T PANIC or BECOME PROGRAMMED BY THE MEDIA.

1stepcloser
07-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Lets all not forget Diamond Valley lake in Hemet. The water to fill that has been coming from the colorado river for the past couple of years....

hack job
07-25-2002, 04:04 PM
1stepcloser:
Lets all not forget Diamond Valley lake in Hemet. The water to fill that has been coming from the colorado river for the past couple of years....thats what i was thinking about when i read that post! when dose that open! wink

Rickster
07-25-2002, 06:58 PM
I travel down to the Big Bend area of Texas....15 years ago the air was some of the cleanest you could see a hundred miles...the nights absolutely STARBRIGHT! Now you can't see any stars alot of times and the days are 6-10 miles max viewing.....why: Mexican Coal fired energy plant, hell they even use old discarded tires to burn in some old plant in south Juarez,MX for energy! I heard there is a similar thing happening south of AZ in Old Mexico as well....the rest of the world has a much more contributing pollution problem to Old Mother Earth than the U.S.A.! I think I can hear a Nuclear Powered Jet Boat a comin down the Rio Grand.....darn they are really powerful, I'm now "glowing- :D green".

Lumpy
07-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Being from California and seeing that Grey Davis has just signed the bill to destroy all gas guzzlers (SUV's + Trucks) California is going to shit. **** the tree hugging bastards. Take your boat to the lake and drive the holy piss out of it and have fun. I would rather be on the lake then sitting under a tree watching flowers grow. Sorry just my opinion. Lumpy

comin' unscrewed
07-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Hmmmmm... Global warming. The polar ice caps are melting. I've lived in a coastal city all my 44 years and I don't see the ocean creeping up the beach. And, it wasn't that long ago scientists (probably the same ones) were predicting another ice age.

1stepcloser
07-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by hack job:
thats what i was thinking about when i read that post! when dose that open! wink It doesnt matter to us, no powerboats (at least not anything we would want to drive) will be allowed on the lake, neither will they allow any "body contact".
What a waste. frown
[ July 26, 2002, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: 1stepcloser ]