PDA

View Full Version : Parker Weekend Report

Boatcop
07-08-2002, 08:54 AM
All in all, a quiet Holiday weekend.
No boat acccidents, except a ski boat that didn't know what the "Danger" bouys around Rock Island were for. Scrubbed off his rudder and prop. No one hurt.
Only one OUI arrest. (This wasn't for lack of trying though.) Lots of sober, designated drivers.
One swimmer drowning at River Island State park.
For those who were out over the 4th, Thanks for doing your part to keep it safe. It really makes our job easier.
Alan
BoatCop (http://www.boatcop.com)

HBjet
07-08-2002, 08:59 AM
It's about time!
Glad to hear all went well. Thanks for doing your job!
HBjet

froggystyle
07-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Glad to hear the weekend went well Alan. I am a big fan of night prowling in the boat, and take every opportunity to do so. I have never seen as many boats on the water as I did on Friday night coming away from the Blue Water though. It looked like a parking lot! Warmed my heart. Amazingly, we hooked up with RiverDave after the fireworks, each picking out the others boat from hundreds of feet away in a crowd of hundreds. Weird.

Party Cat
07-08-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by froggystyle:
Amazingly, we hooked up with RiverDave after the fireworks, each picking out the others boat from hundreds of feet away in a crowd of hundreds. Weird.
Hmmmm, I wonder if da Squares and da Rounds were a thumpin ??? You guys could probably feel each other before ya saw each other http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif And I'm sure the neon's helped a little
Glad to hear it was a safe weekend

RiverLife
07-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I was getting tired of hearing about all of the accidents and deaths. I was starting to wonder if there were any smart people out there anymore.

SPECTRABRENT
07-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Alan,
What happened to the fire on Sat nite. Looks like a trailer home caught fire next to Badennochs?
Brent

racingrascal
07-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the report BoatCop! I was wondering how the weekend ended up. I know I saw your deputies on the water every night we were out. I know I also saw my fair share of boats with out the right night equipment. I just wish people would understand how unsafe it really is on the water at night with out the right lights! Thanks for stopping by on Friday, it was good seeing you again, glad you guys had a safe weekend.
Andy

Boatcop
07-08-2002, 10:16 AM
From what I know about the fire, Brent, it was a palm tree fire, set off by fireworks.
Alan

DickDanger
07-08-2002, 11:10 AM
That is good to hear!!!! Wow, could it be that people are starting to act a bit more responsible........naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. -DD Out

squirts
07-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Allen I saw a heli flying around the weeds down by Blue Water Sat. were they looking for someone.

JetBoatRich
07-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Alan great report, I was in Parker and then Laughlin the end of the week. We saw a lot of patrols doing a great job keeping everybody safe, just wish more could be done about those jet skis getting so close and turning right in front of us.

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-08-2002, 12:04 PM
so refreshing to hear, thanks for the info. just talked to a fella at work, he pulled 5 peeps offa jet boat that was torp'd by a PWC. PWC guy was at WOT looking back at his butt buddy (probably making sure his thong was in the right place) and Baaaam! took out the whole front end of the jet boat and sunk it on the spot. no reported injuries (luckily). lower colorado riv, down by I-8, Yuma.

JetBoatRich
07-08-2002, 04:48 PM
For sure lucky no body got hurt, at least yet. Get tired of these stories.

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-08-2002, 07:14 PM
sorry JBR, didnt mean to "harsh your mellow". just wanted to give out more info so we can all stay a little safer. PTL, out.

riverliver
07-08-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by squirts:
Hey Allen I saw a heli flying around the weeds down by Blue Water Sat. were they looking for someone.
I heard it was robbie gordons, was it a dark blue one ?

Boatcop
07-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Robby was out the previous weekend. (He's pissed at me 'cause I stood him up for dinner. The wife didn't feel well Saturday night, so we had to pass)
Over the 4th he was in Daytona getting screwed over by Kurt Busch.
We had a little talk with the Helo pilot for buzzing too close to the water and boaters. He kept it above 1,000 feet after that.
Alan
[This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 08, 2002).]

racingrascal
07-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop:
We had a little talk with the Helo pilot for buzzing too close to the water and boaters. He kept it above 1,000 feet after that.
Alan
[This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 08, 2002).]
Alan do you know who it was? He landed it in the keys on the empty lot near the northern entrance to the keys.
Andy

Sun burners
07-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey BC there was a helocopter that must have been no more than 40' in the air in Thompson bay here in Havasu, Then later doing some serious dives how High do planes and helocopters have to be? Thanks SB

Chestah Cheetah
07-08-2002, 10:39 PM
I saw the chopper in Parker flying above the lower sandbar and in Havasu above Copper Canyon - dark blue with yellow graphics?
Boatcop, I don't remember what night it was but right around 1 or 2 A.M. I was sitting on the dock and saw the Buckskin Fire Conquest hauling the mail upriver with its lights flaring. It came back about 10 minutes later. Any news on that?

Boatcop
07-09-2002, 05:16 AM
Chestah,
That was the ski-boat that didn't know why half a dozen buoys are out in the middle of the River at Holiday Harbor.
Alan
[This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 09, 2002).]

Chestah Cheetah
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Thanks BC! I wish I had my camera ready when they were going upriver, would have made a cool pic with the lightbar lit up. I got him on the way back down though!

Boatcop
07-09-2002, 03:32 PM
High do planes and helocopters have to be
Fixed wings have to stay 1,000 feet above populated areas, and 500 feet above any vessel or waterway. Rotary wing (helos) don't have any height restriction, unless they're causing a disturbance or endangering vessels or persons.
The height over water doesn't apply to amphib planes taking off and landing.
Alan
[This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 09, 2002).]

boatnam2
07-10-2002, 05:51 AM
we also saw a rollover on rice road near the 10 coming home monday about noon.

Miss RacingRascal
07-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Andy and I came home late Sunday after boating with the Boatnams all day and we were sooo tired. Just wanted to mention that we saw 3-4 coyotes on Rice Road, one was running down the middle of the road and Andy had to break pretty hard and we also had a bat hit out windshield (no damage) so just wanted to mention when you're travelling this road at night be cautous for these things - they'll come up on you and suprise/scare the shit out of ya. If you get a flat -- try to stay in your car/truck until help comes. I wouldn't mess around with the coyotes (or wild dogs) or whatever they were.
[This message has been edited by Miss RacingRascal (edited July 10, 2002).]

MissHBjet
07-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Coyotes are afried of people. I know this because my dad is a hunter.
MissHBjet

Chestah Cheetah
07-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet:
Coyotes are afried of people.
Very true......especially of me! First thing I would do If I got stuck there is get in the back of the truck and start the grill.....gotta get it warmed up for the coyote BBQ. What else are you gonna do until help arrives?
.....and speaking of bats - We were in the channel at Havasu we snuk over the fence and chilled on the dock where they keep the paddlewheel boat - I guess they use bats for security because those little bastards were flying all around us.