PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day - River Report

Boatcop
09-02-2002, 07:54 PM
A fairly safe Holiday Weekend on the Strip.
2 minor accidents. No one hurt.
4 swamped boats.
1 near drowning, Victim is OK.
1 Jumper from the Big Bend area. Head & Neck injury. Flown out, Current status unknown
8 Arrested for Extreme OUI. (above .15%)
7 Arrested for OUI. (.08% - .14%)
1 Floating Domestic Violence (Both parties in Jail)
The Dumb and Dumber award has to go to a couple of idiots from the Keys. We stop a PWC on the River, about 1:00 Sunday afternoon. Neither has on a lifejacket. The driver of the PWC goes to jail for Extreme OUI (He was .172%)
He gets the bondsman to post his $1,000 bail to get him out. His buddy drives up to our place about an hour later to pick him up. He's also wasted. He gets arrested for Extreme DUI. (He was .260%)
So think about it. Your buddy gets arrested for drunk driving, so YOU (drunker than your buddy) drive to the Cop-Shop to pick him up.
This is your Brain! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/wink.gif
This is your Brain at the River. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/freak6.gif
Hope everyone had a safe weekend.

Hotcrusader76
09-02-2002, 07:55 PM
If your dumb....you better be strong!
Muscle memory seems to be the easy way these days....or is it?

CHEETER-JOE
09-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Those are two idiots that should not have been behind the wheel of anything.

syke-o
09-02-2002, 08:05 PM
They aren't the sharpest crayons in the box...

Havasu Hangin'
09-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Boatcop:
The Dumb and Dumber award has to go to a couple of idiots from the Keys...Dave and Andy?
Actually, I have a similar (non-river) story.
My old roomate gets stopped at a DUI checkpoint. He is about to be taken in, when he pulls out the uncle's "get out of jail free" card. The officer says that since his uncle is a LEO, he can go to a payphone, and call someone to pick him up.
On his way to the payphone...he says to himself, "hmmm...those guys aren't really watching me"...and proceeds to get back in his car and drive off. He got the DUI.
Don't wanna be swimmin' in that gene pool...

77charger
09-02-2002, 08:22 PM
that is sure a dumb and dumber story LOL.oh but then again it is lake lice

77charger
09-02-2002, 08:47 PM
are the 4 swampings another term for sunken boats?

Party Cat
09-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Boatcop:
Does this include the idiot that CRIT picked up at Bluewater on Friday night after he took a little gel off of the Party Cat. :mad: :mad:
I heard he blew a .13 something.

WILDERTHANU54
09-02-2002, 09:40 PM
DUDE, THOSE ASSHOLES KILL IT!!!!!!

hd&boatrider
09-02-2002, 10:01 PM
The friggin' morons deserve whatever comes their way. Some people just don't get it. Thanks for the report Alan.

Hallett19
09-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Havasu was not the same story, 6 died on the ride out on the 95, here are the details http://www.havasunews.com/havasunews/myarticles.asp?P=562420&S=463&PubID=9796&EC=0
Other than that, I heard a few died on the lake, but what I thought was crazy was a boat that split in half, litteraly!!! I talked to the owners as they were walking away from the launch ramp. Supposedley they were driving 30-40 mph following a big boat and they hit a wake and SNAP!!! Like a twig, the front of the boat was sitting on a pontoon boat on the shore, the top deck and bottom, from the nose to the dash on top and nose to keel on the bottom, still in one piece. The rest of the boat was on the trailer including stringers, motor, jet, gas tanks, some interior, etc., but it really looks like the boat had a bomb in it. It was a no name boat out of riverside and it was a newer boat (1994 I think), similar to like a 21 hallett (so the owner said before it broke). I have pics and will post them soon, its quite a sight. Before I walked away, I asked the owner if he would be willing to sell me his place diverter :) and he said "sure"

locogringo
09-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Boatcop:
2 minor accidents. No one hurt.
4 swamped boats.
1 near drowning, Victim is OK.
1 Jumper from the Big Bend area. Head & Neck injury. Flown out, Current status unknown
8 Arrested for Extreme OUI. (above .15%)
1 Floating Domestic Violence (Both parties in Jail)
The Dumb and Dumber award has to go to a couple of idiots from the Keys. We stop a PWC on the River, about 1:00 Sunday afternoon. Neither has on a lifejacket. The driver of the PWC goes to jail for Extreme OUI (He was .172%)
He gets the bondsman to post his $1,000 bail to get him out. His buddy drives up to our place about an hour later to pick him up. He's also wasted. He gets arrested for Extreme DUI. (He was .260%)
So think about it. Your buddy gets arrested for drunk driving, so YOU (drunker than your buddy) drive to the Cop-Shop to pick him up.
This is your Brain! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/wink.gif
This is your Brain at the River. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/freak6.gif
Hope everyone had a safe weekend.LMAO. Peope sure get stupid don't they!

OOfatso
09-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Has anyone heard anything about how many pople got Jacked up at Havasu????
OOfatso :confused:

78Eliminator
09-03-2002, 09:30 AM
Hallett19:
I have pics and will post them soon, its quite a sight. Before I walked away, I asked the owner if he would be willing to sell me his place diverter :) and he said "sure"WHERE THE F WERE YOU, LOSER!!!!??????

Hustler
09-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Party Cat:
Boatcop:
Does this include the idiot that CRIT picked up at Bluewater on Friday night after he took a little gel off of the Party Cat. :mad: :mad:
I heard he blew a .13 something.Jim that totally sucks what happened?

Boatcop
09-03-2002, 09:36 AM
That was a docking incident. Guy pulled into the Marina and scraped up the side of another boat.
The case will get thrown out, though. Unless the CRIT cop who arrested him ammends the charges.
He wrote him up for DUI (Motor Vehicle code) rather than OUI (Boating). :rolleyes:
I saw it while going over the arrest records this morning.

Elsinore Cop
09-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Elsinore seemed hotter than the river this weekend..really humid.
We had 3 Boating Under the Influence arrests, one swamped boat. No serious injuries or deaths.

Hallett19
09-03-2002, 10:03 AM
78Eliminator:
Hallett19:
I have pics and will post them soon, its quite a sight. Before I walked away, I asked the owner if he would be willing to sell me his place diverter :) and he said "sure"WHERE THE F WERE YOU, LOSER!!!!??????I know, I know, I am sorry!! The resin on my boat took forever to cure and I didnt want to ruin havasu barney's weekend. I found out satruday that some of my friends were coming down and rented a pontoon boat, so I just stayed in havasu and helped them drive the boat around. Drank my face off on friday and feared alcohol the rest of the weekend. All in all, it wasnt bad. Copper canyon on sunday was off the charts, not as many people, but the inhibitions were out the door. We had girls giving blowjobs on our boat and naked girls all over the place. I will have some pics soon, but for the video, once again www.crazygirlsinaction.com (http://www.crazygirlsinaction.com) ,check it out.
[ September 03, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

Jordy
09-03-2002, 10:08 AM
.26% BAC? Pretty impressive the guy could find his own car, much less get in and drive anywhere... Stupid is as stupid does.
Jordy :D

Jordy
09-03-2002, 10:53 AM
There should have been a recon team organized to pull the drain plug off that guy's boat, or at least "decorate" his gel with a screwdriver. That is of course unless he offered to take care of the damage...
Jordy :D

Chestah Cheetah
09-03-2002, 07:59 PM
RiverDave:
[we still have one man downWho's down? Bad? WTF happened this weekend?

BoatPI
09-03-2002, 08:32 PM
The sad truth.
Los angeles County, 7 Million people
7 traffic deaths this weekend
Mohave County, maybe 100,000 residents.
10 traffic deaths.
Do you see a problem with this???

RiverToysJas
09-03-2002, 09:08 PM
BoatPI:
The sad truth.
Los angeles County, 7 Million people
7 traffic deaths this weekend
Mohave County, maybe 100,000 residents.
10 traffic deaths.
Do you see a problem with this???Maybe Mojave County residents have more freedom to do what they want and sometimes people get hurt or killed in the persuit of good times? The cost of feedom, so to speak. I'm sure as soon as those stats get into the wrong hands (or right hands, depending on your point of view) Mojave County folks will loose freedom and gain some safety. If that's the case, the cost of safety is pretty high.
Just my personal opinion. I really do appreciate what you do out there BC and I by no means ever want to see families get wiped out like happened Friday! I was just taking a little different angle on your stats, that's all.

RiverToysJas
09-03-2002, 09:53 PM
RiverDave:
Becuase I think there might be legal action and I certainly don't want to say anything that could hinder his case. Oh yes, law suits - the other freedom zapper!