PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Teague engines, $10,000 reward!

BoatPI
08-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Last week someone stole a 36 Eliminator from the shop at Teague Custom Marine. The boat was towed to Corona, CA. The Eliminator was recovered stripped. Two Teague engines and accesories were stolen.
SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE THESE ENGINES ARE!!
A reward of $10,000 is being offerred for the return or information leading to the return.
See the flyer and photos at
Boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com/TCM_stolens.PDF)
Also see the three other stolen performance boats taken within 15 miles of Corona
[ August 25, 2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: BoatPI ]

Chestah Cheetah
08-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Is someone out there thinking of starting up a used high performance motor store? WTF is up with this rash of thefts lately?

Rikstr
08-24-2002, 03:27 PM
I guess I just don't understand how any major boat dealer or boat builder in the industry would not have customer boats, and there own for that matter, under heavy lock and key, or pay for guard duty at night. :confused: We're not talkin about 20 or 30k boats here. When was the last time you saw any Lamborgini or Ferrari dealer leavin car's out over night, or not under heavy security. Sorry for your loss Charley, don't get me wrong, I'm pissed for ya to. Can't imagine your F'in frustration right now. Hope all your loss is covered. We'll be lookin, and hoping for some satisfaction.....

Chestah Cheetah
08-24-2002, 03:59 PM
Rikstr:
I guess I just don't understand how any major boat dealer or boat builder in the industry would not have customer boats, and there own for that matter, under heavy lock and key, or pay for guard duty at night.Sometimes the guard may need a couple of extra bucks and look the other way......it's been known to happen.

cal-air
08-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
Rikstr:
I guess I just don't understand how any major boat dealer or boat builder in the industry would not have customer boats, and there own for that matter, under heavy lock and key, or pay for guard duty at night.Sometimes the guard may need a couple of extra bucks and look the other way......it's been known to happen.Just put a couple big Rotweilers and German Shepards back there, you can't pay them a couple extra bucks to look the other way.

Charley
08-24-2002, 04:15 PM
10K!!! wow...\ Bob Teague must be pissed! or maybe its the owner of the 36' daytona...either way these idiots are gonna get caught

Rikstr
08-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Just put a couple big Rotweilers and German Shepards back there, you can't pay them a couple extra bucks to look the other way.
Or maybe a couple of locked jawed pitbulls on their nutz, then they'd wish they never heard of a quadrotor....... :D
or maybe its the owner of the 36' daytona
what I was thinkin...... :mad:

SCHIADA 21 RC
08-24-2002, 05:57 PM
I don’t know who put up the 10K reward, but all I can say is “THANK YOU” That kinda money will get these slime balls turning on each other.

hd&boatrider
08-25-2002, 05:53 AM
That is pretty big money. How much do those engines cost new? I hope that Teague or whoever put up the reward money has has said enough is enough and it is more than just a money concern. I would tend to believe there is an organized group of people doing these thefts. Maybe if the can be caught once it will slow all this stuff down. At least that is my hope.

HBjet
08-25-2002, 02:01 PM
why doesn't anyone build a performance boat, install a lojack, and wait! You'll find these guys soon enough. A sting operation couldn't be that difficult could it? Hey, if DCB, or Eliminator told me they would give me a smoken deal if I built a boat that could be used for this type of thing, I'd be all over it.
HBjet

Havasu_Dreamin
08-25-2002, 09:23 PM
WTF is up with all these thefts and the boats being dropped in the 909!?!?!?!? Lake Elsinore then Corona? Sounds like the same group of silly motherf**kers if you ask me. Too coincedental.

burbanite
08-26-2002, 09:05 AM
SCHIADA 21 RC:
I don?t know who put up the 10K reward, but all I can say is ?THANK YOU? That kinda money will get these slime balls turning on each other.I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company was putting up the reward, they have to be as concerned as anyone right now, a lot happening in a short time.

slowinhavasu
08-26-2002, 06:26 PM
WOW Scott, thats some pretty harsh talk...better clean it up before you get to my house this weekend....
to every ****in thief out there....watch your back, what comes around, will be in your ass......