PDA

View Full Version : Martinez Trip Anyone ?

460kachina
07-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Is anyone going to Martinez Lake Aug. 3&4. I have never been there just wondering if anyone else will be there. Whats the camping like, can you camp near the water, is there alot of camping spaces? Also what are the facilities like (water, bathroom, ect.)? Where are the meeting spots on the water? What is the water like is it rough or crowded? Can't wait to go check it out hope to see alot of you there.

wannajetboat
07-29-2002, 05:32 PM
If you are pitching a tent the best place that we've found is Squaw Lake, the rates are reasonable, they have a great launch ramp, it's not to far from Hidden Shores where they have a store for ice, beer and other necessities, outdoor showers, clean restrooms and you can camp right on the water, I think that they have a web-site, check it out you will enjoy it. :) :cool: :)

Lightning
07-29-2002, 06:56 PM
If you do not want to pitch a tent (no pun inteneded), call the Martinez Lake Resort and see if they have a bungalow available. They're about $50 - $65 a night. You are right across from the bar, launch ramp, and the boat parking is pretty good as well. I have never personally stayed at the bungalow but when our place is overcrowded some of our friends rent them. It's much nicer to have a shower to go to at the end of the day instead of a dusty tent, at least that's what i prefer. If you want more details, send me an e-mail.

89checkmate
07-29-2002, 08:59 PM
I would not recommend tent camping. An air conditioner and a shower are priceless at the end of the day. They have a restaurant for dinners and the food is pretty good.
Martinez phone incase you would like to rent something: 800-876-7004
As far as where to go: head north, the farther you go the less people. Find a nice sandbar, most people are willing to share, and I was out there last weekend and the water level was high and sandbars were at a premium.

San Diego
07-30-2002, 07:29 AM
Checkmate, what color is your boat? I was keeping an eye out for you on Sat.
Lightning, hope you had a good b-day on the island!

Lightning
07-30-2002, 10:19 AM
SD - My B-day was epic, thanks. Our next trip out to the river will be on the weekend of August 17th - hope to see you there.

89checkmate
07-30-2002, 11:05 AM
San Diego:
Checkmate, what color is your boat? I was keeping an eye out for you on Sat.
Lightning, hope you had a good b-day on the island!Hi SD, my boat is blue and tan, and you can't miss the big Honda 225 outboard on the back.

89checkmate
07-30-2002, 11:07 AM
We will be back out at Martinez on aug 23-24.
Hope to see everyone there.

San Diego
07-30-2002, 04:11 PM
Lightning, Can't make it until Aug. 30. We are heading to Kauai for 10 days. :D We will hook up again this year I'm sure.

jet496
07-30-2002, 04:38 PM
We'll be staying at Hidden Shores, down by the dam. Go Right (North) when you go out of Martinez, around the bend & you should start seeing sand bars in the middle (about 2 miles), unless the river is high. We usually set up at the second (biggest) one (possibly the first or only one, depending on water level).
Look for a 21' blue & white Ultra Stealth (See cover of August 2001 Hot Boat Magazine)..Like you just have it laying around, huh.
PS: If you stay at Martinez, be prepared for some less than desireable conditions in the trailors & bungalos. They've never kept them up as long as I've been going there(15 years). BUT, the air conditioning is worth it & besides... you should be good & drunk upon entering, thus not really giving a s*#t.
Hope to see you on the river. We'll have a blue EZ-UP & several little kids running around raising havoc. Can't miss us.

cheezpanel
07-31-2002, 06:57 PM
Jet496, what site are you in at Hidden Shores? We'll be there Thurs. night through Sunday. See you there!

jet496
08-01-2002, 05:23 PM
We'll be at 164 (also have another site which will be 163 or 165). I didn't write it down since I thought it would be on the confirmation notice they send. It wasn't. It's right on the Beach.
PARTY TIME!

SD MIKEY
08-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Anyone going this weekend Aug 10th?

Kwicherbichen
08-06-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm going out Aug 15-17 and staying at Martinez

Rubths
08-06-2002, 07:52 AM
SD MIKEY:
Anyone going this weekend Aug 10th?You know damn right Im going!

Lightning
08-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Brian,
I'll be there the same weekend as well, August 17th. We should try to hang out. Where are you staying at exactly?

Kwicherbichen
08-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Lightning:
Brian,
I'll be there the same weekend as well, August 17th. We should try to hang out. Where are you staying at exactly?Well, we were going to stay in one of the cabins at Martinez because a whole bunch of people were gonna come out with us. That plan is now foiled and we will be staying in Pruit City on the "Fishers" side. It's the first trialer park on the left side of Martinez road as you drive in.
I'll email my cell phone# to you and we'll hook up out there