PDA

View Full Version : Lake Don Pedro

PickleFork2Be
07-29-2002, 12:56 AM
Anyone been to Don Pedro lately? Wondering what the water levels are like. Last I heard they were still pretty good, but I've seen it go down to two lanes on the launch ramp at Flemming Medows rather rapidly before.
Thanks,
PF2B

river-rat
07-29-2002, 08:35 AM
We were just up there the 4th of July. Water level is okay. The ramps at Fleming, Mocassin, and Bonds Flat were fine. If you haven't been there in a couple of years it is low from the last time you saw it. If you were there last year, it's 5 to 10 feet higher. When are you going?

PickleFork2Be
07-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Sounds like average DP levels for this time of year then. How high is the mountain in the mid area there before you get to the siphons(before you make the right into the canyon towards the back). Well, if the engine goes well, I'll be out there testing it out Saturday, August 18th. Usually get there around 9 - 10am. Right now, I'm not seeing any reason I won't be there though. Anyone else gonna be out there that weekend?
PF2B

Heatseeker
07-29-2002, 08:54 AM
I was out there a couple of weeks ago. The level is good, but falling (about 18 inches a day, the week we stayed). It has a long way to go before it's as low as last year.

Her454
08-01-2002, 11:23 AM
:D For those of you close enough to Don Pedro, Motherlode***boats is getting together for another Lake Hogan Cliff Run on Saturday the 10th of Aug. For a picture of our last one on the 4th of July you can go into V-Drives or Get Togethers in the Media Center. We'd love to meet new boaters and all boats are welcome!