PDA

View Full Version : INDY PokerRun 2003

WATERROCKET
08-06-2002, 06:44 AM
HAVE STARTED PLANING A POKERRUN AT LAKE MONROE IN BLOOMINGTON,IN. HOW MANY BOATERS WOULD BE INTERESTED? JD
[ August 08, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: WATERROCKET ]

chrisj
08-08-2002, 04:29 PM
When?

burbanite
08-08-2002, 04:59 PM
WATERROCKET,
see, you found another one!
The thing about this is that these forums are dominated (not in a bad way) by the West Coast contingent, it is up to us to bring the others out of the woodwork. Goodness knows, I have come across so many people out here who would qualify as "Hot Boaters", it is just a case of getting them involved on boards such as this and pretty soon you have a good core of people who do not live next door to each other but are willing to travel a little to hang out - just like the guys out West.
On the topic of picture posting on another thread, you are so close. Copy the URL then type - at the beginning of it (no spaces) and (no spaces) at the end of it.

WATERROCKET
08-09-2002, 04:17 AM
guys, there's going to be a lot going on for me between now and next spring. have you heard of the IPBA...you will, along with a web site and lots of other stuff for us local boaters. yes i'm
going to take on the task. there has been a lot of intrest. There is a lot to do to put on a pokerrun,it will happen next spring, depending on the dnr permit along with, glass water sprints, gps clocked runs,and lots of other neat stuff.There will be something for every style boat, yes even the hot jets. stay tuned. jd
p.s. If anybody wants to help let me know

Sea Esta
08-13-2002, 09:02 AM
We'd be interested....Grew up in Greenwood, went to school in Whiteland. bBe fun to do a road trip with the boat.

superV
08-13-2002, 09:20 AM
Im in like flin! eek! eek! eek!

WATERROCKET
08-13-2002, 04:22 PM
I LIVE JUST OFF WHITELAND ROAD, YOU GUY'S KEEP IN TOUCH THROUGH THE WINTER I HAVE A LOT TO DO TO GET READY FOR NEXT YEAR. I WILL GIVE UPDATES ON THE PROGRESS. REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. JD
KEEP IN TOUCH!

US1Fountain
08-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Since I'm there every weekend, might as well do the run. The speed runs would be cool!

US1Fountain
08-14-2002, 08:01 PM
WATERROCKET,
Are you one of the pair of red/black boats there every weekend? 1 with an arch, 1 w/o.

WATERROCKET
08-15-2002, 04:06 AM
US1, NO THAT'S NOT ME. OUR BOAT IS TEAL AND WHITE.
WE GO THE LAKE LEMON MORE THAN MONROE, ITS CLOSER TO HOME. JD

rick252
08-15-2002, 05:34 AM
Sounds good to me. We have one at Lake Cumberland, but another woulod be great

wowchad
08-21-2002, 07:35 AM
I would consider coming down if it's early spring.
We went down to Kentucky last year.
Hell, it gets warmer down there quicker than in WI by a few weeks, right?!?
Let me know some intended dates and I'll run it by some guys on BANDERLOG forum also.
[ August 21, 2002, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: wowchad ]

WATERROCKET
08-21-2002, 01:12 PM
.WOWCHAD, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT HOW MUCH FUN THESE GUYS OUT WEST HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH POKERRUNS AND GET TOGETHERS. SO I HAVE DESIDED TO HAVE ONE IN CENTRAL INDIANA, BUT...AFTER CHECKING INTO WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED BY THE STATE AND THE DNR I NEED TO GO THROUGH THE STEPS.
THE STEPS AS I SEE IT:
1. FORM THE INDIANA POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION.
WITH THE STATE..PAPER WORK..SO WE CAN SAY..YES WE ARE SOMEBODY.
2. GET INCORPRATED WITH THE STATE.
TO COVER MY ASS, AND THE ASSOCIATION.
3.CONTACT MAKE-A-WISH FOR THERE INVOLVEMENT IN THE POKERRUN.
WE NEED THEM OR SOMEONE ELSE IF WE STAND A CHANCE IN HELL OF GETTING A PERMIT FROM THE DNR FOR THE RUN.
4.FILE FOR A POKERRUN PERMIT WITH THE DNR ,FOR 2003 SPRING.AND MAYBE FALL
5.FORM WEB SITE.
6.GET SPONCERS AND MEMBERS
7.PASS THE WORD.
8.AND WE MIGHT HAVE A DAMN GOOD CHANCE OF HAVING A POKERRUN IN 2003.
YOU SEE, THE DNR HAS A BAD TASTE IN THERE MOUTHS FROM A GET TOGETHER THAT BOB AND TOM [DJ'S]HAD AT LAKE MONROE A FEW YEARS AGO. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THERE WERE BEER BANNERS ALL OVER THE PLACE,AND COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT....YES THERE WERE WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS. MERCY.. I TOLD THE DNR THAT WE WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE TAME.HEE HEE.
WELL ITS ALL ABOUT THE KIDS ANYWAY. IF THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO GO THROUGH THAN WE WILL. AND YES, IT WILL BE EVEN BIGGER THE NEXT YEAR. TAKE CARE JD.

WATERROCKET
08-21-2002, 05:54 PM
MOST OF THE TIME I'M IN THIS
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tn_Im0002251.JPG

WATERROCKET
08-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I THINK SHES BIGGER THAN THAT
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Im0002251.JPG

WATERROCKET
08-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I THINK SHES BIGGER THAN THAT
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Im0002251.JPG