PDA

View Full Version : lake murray

jeffro
02-16-2003, 09:59 AM
anybody ever go to lake murray?
i just went up there yesterday looking around.
i thought it was a very nice place. really blue water. smile_sp
let me know if it's a good place... :D
thanks
:cool:

Badboat1
02-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Never been there but go to Texhoma alot.It is real nice.
Badboat1

jeffro
02-16-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah - i go to texoma almost every time i go to the lake.
badboat1 - where do you put in ?
i usually put in at highport marina. just a little ways out to the islands :D

Badboat1
02-16-2003, 11:17 AM
I put in at highport some times,and other times stay west by the 377 bridge,water is alot calmer down that way.And make a trip or 2 to the islands from there.
Badboat1

tstone
02-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Lake Murray is great. Clear water (for Oklahoma) beautiful scenery. One concern there is if the water is low there can be some points out in the middle of the lake.

jeffro
02-16-2003, 12:47 PM
thanks guys-
bb1 - where's a good place to put in at 377?
that would probably be closer to the house... wink
tstone - that's a good thing to know. hate to knock a hole in the bottom of it... eek!
laters

Badboat1
02-16-2003, 01:00 PM
We go to Rock Creek camp and Cedar Bayou both on the Texas side and sandy beach all over the OK. side.We have alot of freinds with boats come up and have a hell of a good time.And never get hasseled by the lake patrol.Never even seen them down there in a boat.
Badboat1

sdba069
02-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Used to go to Murray and Arbuckle years ago when I lived in Okieland.Loved Arbuckle,but not a lot of hot rods.Enjoyed Murray also and usually a lot of fast boats around.

Posey
02-18-2003, 02:32 PM
where in the hell is lake Murray? :confused:
Posey

Badboat1
02-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Its located in Ok I would give it south central
just west of I35W If I'am wrong someone please correct this
Badboat1

jeffro
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
it's east of I35 just south of ardmore - exit 24.
isn't that some stupid shit that i know the exit number? :rolleyes:
thanks for all the info -
laters

TANK
03-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Practicly grew up on lake murray,but now the cops down there are d*cks so we don't go there much any more.They gave my buddy a dui for sleeping in his truck in the camp site because he was so sunburnt he didn't want to sleep in a hot tent.

1 fast okie
03-05-2003, 08:59 PM
hi been to murrey alot nice lake very clean and clean never had a problem i put in at eleiphent rock go straight out miss the rock good to go,if any body get a free weekend go to thunderbird lake kind of muddy looking sometimes but find jet boat beach ever sat & sun afternoon about 4 o-lock there will be 25 or more jet boats plus some big boats ever body friendley one big party,the lake rangers are cool and sometimes after 6 o-clock the will shut the area down so the blown,injected,acohol guys can do some real lake racing,this is such a jet boat heven that some of the guys from texhoma make this there sunday afternoon outing

cowboymorgan30
03-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Hey fast okie, Im about ready for those sundays out on dirty bird,

BigDaddy
03-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey Jeffro I used to have a slip at Eisenhower Park Marina when I had my slowass Crusier but I must say it was Comfy.
I have launched fromthere and driven My jet boat to the islands and you talk about rough O-Man coming around the Point Between Highport and GrandPappys it is a wonder I didnt submerge it several times. any way I launch at Highport when I go to Texoma Now.
any way Cant wait to get all of us together and Have some good ole Fun Boating and CampFire Stories hehehe.
Ole BadBoat1 Has lots o them Camp Fire stories and if ya have been in the sun all day they start to make sense. or maybe it is a Nitrous Fumes hehehe

jeffro
03-15-2003, 05:32 AM
thanks for all the great info, guys. :D
haven't been on the boards - been tied up workin' my ass off! drivin' a truck 5 days and sellin' beer at lake country speedway in ardmore on saturday nites. eek!
gotta learn to keep up with all this sleeping
lookin' forward to getting together with you guys and getting the carlson wet :D
laters :cool: