PDA

View Full Version : Mid West weekend Party?

big Doug
06-10-2003, 01:06 PM
If they can have OP6, we should put something together for the midwest boaters!

HavasuDreamin'
06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
I'm game. The west has OP6C. The east has BOTE and Harve De Grace. And us lazies in the midwest can't get our heads out of our *****

big Doug
06-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm in, but what to call it? Sometime in Aug? I know BFP. Big fu@king Party!

flattie
06-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Why don't you come up for the Shake the Lake party this weekend!!!!!

Sea Esta
06-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Can/t make it this weekend. Something in August would work good. Need a name and a place... :cool:

big Doug
06-11-2003, 04:57 AM
I can't make it either, might be trading boats this weekend. We need a central place to have, maybe round up a sponser or two, offical t-shirts, stickers.....

superV
06-11-2003, 05:42 AM
We are. East coast West coast meeting in LOTO for the Shoot Out! wink

Sea Esta
06-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Shootout weekend works for us. We'd be takin' Friday off anywa :D y and possibly Monday also.

VillainDave
06-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Just say where and when and I'm game for BFP

big Doug
06-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Shoot out weekend is out for me! I won free Bristol tickets and the wife wants to go there instead. We really need to plan a real one. Any idea's, I say LOTO, but thats because only hour away.

HavasuDreamin'
06-11-2003, 12:30 PM
big Doug:
Shoot out weekend is out for me! I won free Bristol tickets and the wife wants to go there instead. We really need to plan a real one. Any idea's, I say LOTO, but thats because only hour away. I say a lake smaller than the Ozarks or I'm out (my boat will be at least). Don't want to sink it. :( My suggestions for times and places would be when it is warmest and where it is warmest (ie: later in the summer, and as far south as possible). :cool:
[ June 11, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Mn Howard Cat
06-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey big DougI think you should jest go to the shoot out and I'LL take those Bristol tickets off your hands for you smile_sp smile_sp Bristol is awesome

big Doug
06-13-2003, 06:12 AM
Mn Howard Cat:
Hey big DougI think you should jest go to the shoot out and I'LL take those Bristol tickets off your hands for you smile_sp smile_sp Bristol is awesome They are great tickets. Busch race, pit passes, winston cup, vendor tent passes. Could not ask for more. Should have put them on EBAY. I won them at our church auction. :D

hydro-KC
06-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Hey all;
New to this forum stuff. Lets give it a try.
How about Pomme da terre or Beaver Both are excellent jet boat lakes. Or even The river closer to Warsaw? Just a Couple of suggestions.

big Doug
06-19-2003, 08:02 AM
hydro-KC:
Hey all;
New to this forum stuff. Lets give it a try.
How about Pomme da terre or Beaver Both are excellent jet boat lakes. Or even The river closer to Warsaw? Just a Couple of suggestions. Hydro KC,
Welcome to the forums!! I know where Beaver lake is, where is pomme da terre or Warsaw?

hydro-KC
06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Well my spelling may be off on the pomme da terre , but its between Stockton and the ozarks.
Warsaw is a city in missouri , its really the lake of the ozarks except at its beginning , so its more like a river than a lake, but great fast boatin area. Lots of Bars and resteraunts on the river there and such.

Jake W
06-19-2003, 04:24 PM
There is going to be a get togeather at TableRock lake on July 25 26 27 .Most of us have jets but ant type of boat welcome.If you want to know more go to the Banderlog board and as for Ken F to give you some details.I boat at the Ozarkes and have no trouble with water conditions.Go up to about the 70 mile marker all the way to the Truman dam and you should have pretty calm water unless it is 4of July or Laberday weekends.My fauther in lay has a place at the 79 mile marker and is is like glass most weekends.Hydro-KC where in KC do you live and where do you take the Hydro ot boat.
Jake :D

Jake W
06-19-2003, 04:32 PM
KC hydro I just read your profile I think I have met you befor.Is your Hydro like a tan and brown color.When I was getting my boat painted I think I talked to you if it was you it was in Turkey creek That is where my fauther inlaws house is in that cove.I was on a Seedo and told you i had a Tahiti getting painted and you wer telling me about the tired LS7 in the Hydro.any way let me know if it was you.I will be out there 4 of july week end are you guys going out?
Jake idea

hydro-KC
06-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Tablerock sounds nice too , just a little farther than the other lakes except beaver.
JakeW , may have met , my boat is bright yellow and ornge, my pic was taken about the 78 milemarker on the lake, kinda like you said above the 70 milemarker an up water is like glass
90% of the time.
But nothin compares to beaver, just wish it was closer.

Jake W
06-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Yea Turkey creek is the cove just around the corner from the Old Oar house.I can not rember the colors very much but there are not many of thoes Hondos around these parts.Well mabey I will see you out there some time.
Jake
PS I was at Pomme this week end and it was rough as hell.

hydro-KC
06-23-2003, 12:54 PM
hey JakeW;
Yep i remember , will be down there this 4th ,hopin to have boat if i get my new impeller
from htp in wichita , hopin to get some sort of good word out of them today, hell i would drive down and pick up my impeller(new SS) just so i can get back in the water. Oh well , ill go anyway , take the dirt bikes , mooch a boat off a friend if i have too..
will be staying on the channel down river 1/4 mile from ya.
hope to be makin some noise this weekend out there. Have fingers, toes , prayer beads, rosaries
all workin da mojo on my awol impeller.... pig_flyi
Link for a couple more pics of boat at milemarker 78. (http://www.nexuz.org/cjl/hydro/)

Jake W
06-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Well I hope you get the imp what kind are you going with ?I am waiting on a fuel pump I ordered from them a few weeks ago.I guess it was back ordered from holly.(If they have the imp it will only take like 2 days to get it.I have been down to Duanes shop nice place.
I looked at your pics and was glad to see some pics of my playground on hear Thoes pics look like they were taken over buy the guy with the Yellow 28 ft Profile Cat with the purple flames house.

Ken F
06-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Yep, the LBBA is having a "Tablerock Roost" July 25,26, & 27 at Shell Knob. Go to ShellKnob.com there are links to resorts & camping spots.
Hope to see you all there! This is the first Annual.
Ken F

Jake W
06-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Ken you back in town?Man I am really dragging ass on finding a place to stay.Do you know the head count yet?

Ken F
06-26-2003, 04:51 AM
Jake, so far we've got 15 boats, and I'm not sure how many people with each boat. If worse comes to worse, just plan on camping at my place. Got shower, kitchen,ect, but only a large deck for sleeping. Cots & blankets would be fine.
Ken

Sea Esta
06-26-2003, 07:19 PM
So who is going to put together the midwest op6? We need to get a dat and where going pretty soon.

hydro-KC
06-30-2003, 06:21 AM
Well my 2 cents worth says LOTO up above the 70 milemarker area.
Not the cleanest water , but definately some
water made for going fast. Deep enough for the larger draft boats also. Plenty of Bars on the water and such. There is that one bar near the bridge by warsaw that always has live bands that would be a great meeting place.

Sea Esta
07-01-2003, 04:16 AM
I'm in for that. A bit of a haul for me by boat but I would be there. Are there places to rent up that way?

hydro-KC
07-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Yes there are tons of cheap places up that way,
I beleive there is a hotel at the bar i was talking about. I will be down there for the 4th ,
i'll do some preliminary fact finding while there.
Not far from there is the city of warsaw's ramp , which is walking distance to town, its in the town. Close to shopping and hotels.
From that location it would only be a 5 minute haul if others wanted to tear up truman by the cliffs and make lots of noise.

BUKKAKIBLASTER
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Anyone ever go to Hardy Dam on the muskegon river,HOT BOAT visited here a few times.But years ago! Party still happening,come on back. GRAND HAVEN,MI COAST GUARD FESTIVAL BIG PARTY Aug.2 FIREWORKS & ?. :cool: