PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Grand this weekend?

Seadog
05-19-2003, 05:13 AM
It looks like I am going to be at Grand this weekend. I've got a cousin getting married Sat afternoon, but I plan to spend the rest of it on the lake.

Infomaniac
05-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Would the cousin be an Eberstein?

Seadog
05-19-2003, 12:46 PM
McKinney. He is a journalist for the Joplin Globe.

Posey
05-20-2003, 04:14 AM
Seadog,
I will be at Grand all weekend, I'll try and look you up. Will be on a Rinker deck boat. your in the cove oppisite woodard right?
Posey

Seadog
05-20-2003, 05:11 AM
Posey, I'll be there as much as possible. Most of Sunday will be behind the Bernice bridge area for a family BBQ and the 'family boat tours'.

Posey
05-20-2003, 12:35 PM
Would that be around the old bridge frame?
Posey

Seadog
05-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Yeah. My aunt owns the RV cove where the Bernice cove splits into Horse Creek and Fly Creek, next to what once was called Mr G's. My Dad's cousin owns the place left of lost bridge with the JC Tritoon and the slide on the dock.
[ May 21, 2003, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Seadog
05-21-2003, 05:34 AM
BTW Posey, I am curious. You said a Rinker deckboat. To my knowledge they only make bowriders, cuddies and cruiser, and make a big deal out of how their bowriders are better than deckboats. Did they once make a deckboat? I always thought it strange they didn't have a deckboat in their lineup.
The guy next to my BIL's place just bought a Rinker and built a new $15k dock to go with it. Said he saved $40k over a similar Cobalt.

Seadog
05-21-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm trying an experiment for future use.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23Bernice.gif

Posey
05-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Yes sir, Actually Rinker makes 2 deck boats. Mine which is the "Siesta 243" and they also make the "Flotilla" which is 26', it has a cat style hull. They have been making them for quite a few years. Changed them a little, added a full walk-thru windshield.
Try and see you this weekend,
Posey

buck183
05-22-2003, 05:15 PM
We are opting out of Grand this year. Not much going on there anymore.
Buddy and crew will be at Dripping Springs for the usual partying. He told me there would be probably around 2,000 people in the cove this weekend. I just laughed and said "there will be around 2,000 boats in the cove where we're going"! LOL
Too much crap to put up with at Grand with the water patrol and everything.
Lake of the Ozarks all the way. Grand just doesn't have it anymore.
Buck
[ May 22, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Seadog
05-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Posey, we must have missed each other if you made it. After I got to Grand, I remembered the Flotilla. I had looked at their website a while back and I noticed they do not have any deck boat models listed any more and were saying that the bowriders were roomier than most deck boats. A lot of Rinkers at Grand and I saw two or three Flotillas at Woodward Hollow Monday.
Monday was great weather and I made several passes at Woodward and a couple at Dripping Springs. DS was a mad house. I don't know which was more worrisom, the jet skis darting across the traffic or the fools swimming in the middle of the channel.

Posey
05-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Seadog:
Posey, we must have missed each other if you made it. After I got to Grand, I remembered the Flotilla. I had looked at their website a while back and I noticed they do not have any deck boat models listed any more and were saying that the bowriders were roomier than most deck boats. A lot of Rinkers at Grand and I saw two or three Flotillas at Woodward Hollow Monday.
Monday was great weather and I made several passes at Woodward and a couple at Dripping Springs. DS was a mad house. I don't know which was more worrisom, the jet skis darting across the traffic or the fools swimming in the middle of the channel. I looked for you but didn't have any luck. Monday was nice, where are you located from that green dinosaur? motored around that area but didn't see anything. Some guys bayliner cruiser was adrift, looked like his lift came down and it floated off. I was in the very back of woodard for quite awhile, watched some guys jump off the cliffs. Sooner or later I'll catch you.
Posey

Seadog
05-28-2003, 05:02 AM
That was my BIL's Bayliner. He had it in his dock shed with only a bungee and it came loose. He has been installing a replacement lift for the Bayliner in the open dock. One of those "I am going to do this myself no matter what" projects.
During this, my wife and I had made a pass at WH and then went gawking at houses over to Honey Creek. Sounds like we just missed each other.

Posey
05-29-2003, 04:35 AM
I hope your BIL got his boat back OK! Whats up for this weekend? I have to deliver a engine to a marine shop at Grand this weekend. I might be out after I do some maintenance on the 'ol Rinker. Did I mention it was for sale? if you know of anyone looking for a pristine deckboat let me know.
Later, Posey

Seadog
05-29-2003, 05:55 AM
Yeah, my BIL is oblivious to the world when he is on a project. His wife saw it floating and they took the Arrow Glass and hauled it back. My original plans were to spend the weekend on Grand, but the weather forcast is for 15-30 mph winds, so I may just stay home and get some work done. The 7-8 is looking good right now, so I may go then.

Seadog
05-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Weather forcast has shifted and now they are saying acceptable winds, so I may make it after all. Still up in the air.
Who are you delivering to?
[ May 29, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Posey
05-29-2003, 06:28 PM
I haven't checked the weather forecast yet but need to deliver a engine anyway. I build a lot of IO's for Frankies Marine over by # 10 bridge. I've been building engines for over 20 years, puts a little jingle in the pocket. :D Anything from boats to cars you name it, just finished a original 1929 Ford Model A. I've been a machinist/fabricator and a automotive machinist since about '72. I just got into safety a few years back. Well enough bullshit :rolleyes: Check the weather and let me know.

Seadog
05-30-2003, 06:11 AM
It looks like we are going this weekend. I need to check out the Coleman discount place just east of Wyandote and we got some other errands to run. I will probably be around Bernice most of the time as my BIL won't be down, but I'll try to make it to Woodward a few times.

Seadog
05-30-2003, 12:19 PM
BTW, are you hitting the Rinker Rendevous at Grand Marine Sales/Hi-Lift Marina Sat.?