PDA

View Full Version : Where to go near Ft Worth

Nitro Neil
07-30-2003, 08:42 PM
I have moved to Texas from Ca, Or area.We had places like Camp Far West, Berresa etc.Where does everybody hang out near Ft Worth? pig_flyi :cool:

EXTRMBT
07-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Welcome to Texas Nitro Neil. Never lived there but I have family that lives in your neck of the woods (Corinth and Watauga).You might want to try Eagle Mountain, and Lake Lewisville. Been on them both, Lake Lewisville is like Havasu but a little more tame but the boats aren't. Good party cove around the 35E bridge. I'll get some more info from my father in law and I'll PM you with more Lakes. What size boat? :D :D :D :D

beaverfab
07-31-2003, 04:12 AM
Welcome what kind of boat and what are you looking for. Party lake Lewisvill, Real nice water some fast boats Brazos river, Big water Lake Texoma. Let me know what you are looking for and I will try to help. j.j.
[ July 31, 2003, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: beaverfab ]

OldFaithful Squirter
07-31-2003, 07:14 AM
You need to hook up with Cookieman & Big Daddy & Snowman in the Fort Worth Area. In fact the first weekend in October Gary (Snowman) Snow puts on a gathering at Lake Whitney every year. They will have folks from Oklahoma, Del Rio, South Texas you name it??? We have a couple of rallies each year as well in South Texas (JetFest 2003 Hot Boat Rally planned for August 30th,31st Labor Day weekend on Lake Corpus Christi, expecting over 50 boats to attend so if your interested shoot me an email at kcraven@diwmsi.com for more info. Till then we will Jet'cha Later, Kelly

Badboat1
07-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Give me a call at the shop 817-297-3004 or at home it is in the profile..
BB1

sanger mike
07-31-2003, 08:45 PM
what about possum kingdom lake. I spent alot of time there as a kid with my grandparents. :D I'll never forget hell's gate.

Rocket2003
08-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Welcome to Texas! I live about 2 hours East of Dallas on I-20 (Behind the Pine curtain) land of lakes and trees! Check out where we hang out!
What kind of boat ya got? Got any pictures? click here for Reunion Harbor (http://www.reunionharbor.com)

cookieman
08-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey Nito Neal Welcome to the DFW area. We have few jetboaters going to show up on the Brazos river at Tin-Top on this Sunday. There are lots of place here in the DFW area that you can boat on, but a lot will determine what kind of boat that you have. If you have a jetboat then the river is a good place to run..if a bigger boat any of the area lake would be good. I live In Granbury which is about 35 mi SW of Fort Worth. Most of us jettters go up the river to Tin-top. There usually a lot of boats up there on the weekends. We would be glad to give you directions just give us a call 817-713-0153. We are planning a bunch of us local guys going to show up this Sunday around noon to 2. Give us a call, join in the a the Floatin' soakin' and sippin' suds, and of course the BS about Boats. TTUL Bill (cookieman)

Nitro Neil
08-01-2003, 09:03 PM
I have a jet boat.19 ft Tahiti with a 425 Olds, with some help from Mondello.Good come back on the hang out question.Those lakes all sound familar.we lived here once before.My mom lives in Benbrook and I live in Ft Worth by I 35 and 287.Thanx for the response.See ya soon. :cool:

eaglemtnlaketx
08-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Welcome to Texas. Give Eagle Mountain a try. 4 or 5 restaurants on the lake with docks to tie up to. Its the only lake in the area with homes around it. Possom Kingdom is good to. You would think that Eagle Mtn would be packed with boats on the weekend but it really isn't. It surprises me that more people don't participate in the fun of the lakes.

Badboat1
08-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Big Tie up this Sat. at Eagle Mountain Lake.Be there or you will Die LOL.
BB1

TX Daytona
08-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey BB1,
I hooked up the v-drive I'm selling and headed for your shop today,thought I'd get your opinion on what it's worth, hit something in the road and blew the left rear tire (brand new)on my El Camino. With the weight of the boat on it that dropped the bed down far enough to tear the hell out of the, too wide, rear tire on the other side. So I sat there in the 108 degree heat and waited for the tow truck to come to my rescue. An all together great time. I'll take another shot at it next week.

Nitro Neil
08-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Thanx for the welcome.I am loking forward to getting out there.I have a little ignition problem and I will be out there.YEE HA Don't Mess With Texas And The USA. :cool: wink :D

Riverbums1
08-09-2003, 08:26 AM
Just wondering if the Tie up at Eagle Mountain Lake is going to happend today with the weather...we couldn't make it back from OK for it, but would luv to find out how it went or a website for pics from today...hate missing it...

dgie
08-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Wow I am suprised that there are so many jet boats out here. Currently I am taking my jet baot to Bardswell lake to work the bugs out an plan to make a trip eventually to Grapevine lake or Lewisville. Sure would like the 100 degree weather and rain to go away.......

Badboat1
08-09-2003, 10:31 AM
We were leaving out to go this morning to the tie up and the rain came but we did need it.And it is still coming down now.Damn the luck.
BB1

Riverbums1
08-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Did anyone make it to the Tie-up at Eagle Mountain Lake last Sat???Just wondering how it was???????Thanks

Badboat1
08-12-2003, 02:36 PM
I made it out about 3:00 and it was packed
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/31Dsc00178-med.jpg
Here is a pic from sat.
BB1

Riverbums1
08-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks Badboat1.........that's about the time that my Sister made it out....loved the pic.........She said everyone had a blast............. :p

Badboat1
08-12-2003, 05:16 PM
OK one more
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/31Dsc00181-med.jpg

Rocket2003
08-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Where is that lake? How often do they do a Tie up? I want to go next time! :)

Riverbums1
08-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the pics Badboat1.........we will not miss the Tie-up next year.......lol...........

johnboy
08-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice pics...I didn't know there were that many boats out on Eagle Mnt. We were on Joe Pool Sunday and blew the fuel pump, got one ordered.
Post the next time there is sometphing going on on Eagle Mtn and we will try to make it out.
BTW just a raggedy old Jet (77' Biesemeyer)in Arlington
John

Badboat1
08-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Ok,Guys will post it up before it happens but the weather was shitty sat as ya seen did not get out ther till about 3-4.Once a year deal so ya missed out on the sites

sdba069
08-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey Randy.......Catchy name for a new shop,sounds almost just the like the one I named my place about 20 years ago.Nice pics,by the way............Also Neil..........the place to be is the BRAZOS RIVER on the upper end of Lake Whitney.......Randy,whatever happened with Rodney's deal? Did he ever get it running?Ran a 8.14 in our Placecraft last Sunday at MF with a 4.31 1/8th mile.That 4.31 is like Pro Mod 1/8th miles.Still can't keep it hooked all the way through,but getting better every pass.Pretty good considering no one believed we could even run in the 8's with it,because of the Berkeley intake.We will have it at Plowman's.Speaking of Plowman's.............who's coming..........Hey Randy.......sold my Mirage,it will be headed for Florida this Saturday.I will be driving it at Malvern in the 6 second class with a blown alky Chevy installed.he may bring it to Plowman's also.Looks like Plowman's is going to be big again this year.....

Badboat1
08-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Gary,It is Perfomance Marine of Texas LC. also and the other store is opening at the first of the month.And it is in Big D (Dallas).All I can say at this time got more work to do than I got time for.But it will be done damn promod guys want there shit now lol