PDA

View Full Version : Snap Decision

Seadog
06-30-2003, 07:09 AM
I thought I would post this on a couple of boards. The Cincinnati police are looking for a boat called Snap Decision, 40+ ft Cigarette style boat for injury hit and run. We don't need these types on the water.
Hit and run article (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/06/29/loc_boatwreck29.html)
[ June 30, 2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

HavasuDreamin'
06-30-2003, 08:35 AM
I am not far from Cinci. I will keep an eye out for it.

Seadog
07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
They found the guy. 40 ft Baja with triple drives. Claims he just hit a tree. Witnesses say he was speeding so fast in a no-wake zone that he used the 21 footer as a ramp.

Back Forty
07-02-2003, 09:09 AM
I can't believe this is on WLW today. They are really looking to linch somebody here. They are saying that the Baha in question has minimal to no damage. The owner claims he thinks he may have popped a tree that night but doesn't know otherwise. Hell that happens to all of us down there. They need to lay off of the guy until the cops know more. The idiot on the radio has been blabbing about why it's a cigarette boat(cause it looks like a cigarette...) Blah Blah Blah and so on... duh. :rolleyes:
Where are the people that were in the boat that was hit? I don't think anybody died... Somebody should get down there and either ID the guy or leave him be.
Who doesn't make high speed runs through the "no wake zone" on low traffic days on the strip. Hell the zone is (what seems like) miles long and wide as hell. Thats a bunch of shit anyway. sleeping
I say fry the guy if it was him but atleast find out for sure before hangin' him.
There is nothing better than sitting at one of the joints down on the water and watching a big ass loud V hull or something tear down through there.
yuk

91nordic29
07-03-2003, 06:50 AM
"Who doesn't make high speed runs through the "no wake zone" on low traffic days on the strip. Hell the zone is (what seems like) miles long and wide as hell. Thats a bunch of shit anyway. "
What are YOU thinking??? :confused:

Back Forty
07-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Quote: "What are YOU thinking???"
I'm thinking what quite a few of the locals are thinking. This isn't some friendly little strip of water with a million small boats crammed in. It's a full navagable channel with barge traffic on the way to the Miss. On most days the small boat traffic is light. Yes technically a no wake zone is not the place to be raising hell but here it is insane. I totally agree about it being nowake during holidays and specific high traffic days like during an event. Otherwise, it's a bunch of sh!t. This is an area where quite a few races and general speed runs are staged. I'm not alone on this. It happens in broad day light...

Back Forty
07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I should state that the area of this river where this occured was well outside of the no wake zone. My reference to high speed runs through the zone are directed towards the local radio blabbing about the subject.
[ July 03, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Back Forty ]

91nordic29
07-03-2003, 08:27 AM
i guess i am speaking out of school because i am not familiar with the law ther but here at night, it is ALL a no wake zone.

Back Forty
07-03-2003, 09:05 AM
A few times a year that stretch is deamed no wake because of a special event. The channel gets closed for all barge traffic during the event. Other than that, it's an open waterway. I would like to know the specifics of this incident because if the smashed boat was sitting around in the channel or sitting without any nav lights then they were asking for their own trouble. On the other hand the A hole that did the hit and run needs to be hung out to dry for being a scum bag. I think it's interesting that I haven't heard anything on the news since monday about the guy they found up in Columbus. The witnesses reported the "cigarette boat" had great damage. The Columbus boat has very little overall damage. Rather normal looking hull scratches and whatnot.
I take notice of this thing because one of my favorite times to be on that river are through the dark hours of the night and into the morning. Running up and down the river using the Channel's navagational points of reference and my own ability to see under minimal lighting is an appropriate method of running this river. I have always been able to see even the smallest disturbance ahead of me in the river even during some heavy rain situations. If this guy was plain drunk and just ran these people over so be it, he'll get his hopefully. I wonder however if they were just sittin out there though? Nav lights? The river isn't forgiving with the barges going and can get interesting but each boater is responsible for their own safety. How many people were in that boat (six)and how long was it? If it was overloaded, I would like to mention that somebody doesn't sound to bright to begin with. I am just trying to see this from both sides of the fence.
[ July 03, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Back Forty ]

HavasuDreamin'
07-03-2003, 10:01 AM
IMHO...........night boating is dangerous. Hell.....now a days, boating is dangerous enough during daylight hours. The state of Indiana has a 10 mph limit from late evening until dawn. I think it is a good law.

VillainDave
07-10-2003, 06:52 PM
HavasuDreamin':
IMHO...........night boating is dangerous. Hell.....now a days, boating is dangerous enough during daylight hours. The state of Indiana has a 10 mph limit from late evening until dawn. I think it is a good law. I agree it's been along time since I've taken the boat out at night but just this past weekend for the 4th we went out to watch fireworks and i was almost hit three times and since we waited for most of the boats to get off the water I couldn't see as well even with a spot ligh, so I was scared sh%$#tless.