PDA

View Full Version : Duped

Thunderbutt
08-30-2002, 12:42 PM
I think the Ozarks Shootout was Duped by Powerboat Magazine. I went to there Web site and there is nothing about the race. There is no mention of the race on there event calender or any thing about the results. They have all of the up dates of other races. I know they had the rep here for the race, (Bret Becker) He is preberly the same as Bret Payne with ***boat, just a good writer. So I think it was just for the benifit of Miss Budwieser to be put on the cover. Why else would they decide to enter the compation when they new dam well that no one could equal there time. The whole dam thing is Bullshit,and will hurt the race for next year.

BigDaddy
08-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Thunderbutt:
I think the Ozarks Shootout was Duped by Powerboat Magazine. I went to there Web site and there is nothing about the race. There is no mention of the race on there event calender or any thing about the results. They have all of the up dates of other races. I know they had the rep here for the race, (Bret Becker) He is preberly the same as Bret Payne with ***boat, just a good writer. So I think it was just for the benifit of Miss Budwieser to be put on the cover. Why else would they decide to enter the compation when they new dam well that no one could equal there time. The whole dam thing is Bullshit,and will hurt the race for next year.Hey ThunderButt I totally agree I was talking to flash and he informed me that Mrss BuDD is a Racing Boat that was entered into a Class of Stock Boats so to speak well any way there is no way it was Even or even close to the same if they want it to be they should have made the course Londer by a mile that is why flash didnt even try to win and that also is what pissed off other racers and by the way whats up with a exabition Pass before the real Pass That is so ****ed up man was that a FUBAR also it was for the december Issue of Power Boat thats why ya dont see anything yet I think any way it wasnt fare at all Take care have a good Labor day

Jungle Boy
08-31-2002, 03:43 AM
There is thread here that has the email to the editor (Brett Becker). I sent them a note saying that Miss Bud sucked and sandbagged to even enter the race. He mailed back saying that they are expecting heat over it. I also emailed Budweiser and told them they suck. They say one letter equals 1000 opinions. Tell them what you think, maybe it will work out next year for the guys that show up. :cool:

Sea Esta
09-18-2002, 04:38 AM
I finally got a response from AB yesterday on their take of entering Miss Bud into the ShootOut. Interesting how long it took them to respond. Guess they wanted to make sure they had the facts before making a statement they knew would be posted and scutinized. Here it is.
"Thank you for expressing your views regarding the participation of the Miss
Budweiser hydroplane in the Lake Rescue Shootout on August 25.
As you may know, the primary objective of the annual event is to raise money in
support of the five fire rescue protection districts that protect the Lake of
the Ozarks.
Originally, Miss Budweiser was scheduled only to make exhibition runs during the
event. When another jet-powered boat officially entered the competition to
defeat defending champion Bacardi Silver offshore boat driver David Scott, we
felt it was in the best interests of the fire rescue districts to enter Miss
Budweiser. In fact, our competition's entry was powered by twin-jet engines
whereas Miss Budweiser has only a single-jet engine.
Every dollar donated by consumers during the campaign was matched by
Anheuser-Busch, and some individuals contributed $1 for every mile per hour run
by the Top Gun champion. So with that in mind, Miss Budweiser helped raise
additional funding for the fire rescue protection districts by attaining the top
speed in the event.
Thanks again for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We appreciate
your feedback and your continued interest in Anheuser-Busch.
Sincerely,
Your Friends at Anheuser-Busch
1-800-DIAL-BUD (1-800-342-5283)"

D-BO
09-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Even though callan and flash are turbine powered boats they still don't fall in the same class as mrs. bud!! Give flash and callan anouther mile and let's see what happens. I lost all respect for mrs. bud and have no desire to even go back next year. It sounds like thier making trying to twist what happened to ease the situation!!

BigDaddy
09-19-2002, 03:17 PM
D-BO:
Even though callan and flash are turbine powered boats they still don't fall in the same class as mrs. bud!! Give flash and callan anouther mile and let's see what happens. I lost all respect for mrs. bud and have no desire to even go back next year. It sounds like thier making trying to twist what happened to ease the situation!!Yeh that is one reason Flash didnt try any More to even get close one more mile would have made the difference thou and as for Callen he would have Taken it home and as for Buds response they even said another Turbin Powered boat was there to try to beat the winner from last year (in fine print that means we cant let this Happen we own baccardi silver we must do some hey lets eneter Mrss Bud) didnt take any time to see any rules or what They say about this and it is for Lake Boats and not for Racing Hulls and or boats built just for Racing or competition That was so Lame of a response I think they should give it to CALLEN.