PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought......................

HavasuDreamin'
09-26-2002, 01:16 PM
...............a regional gathering since the east meets west thing dropped off. Anybody interested.
I am thinking next year in July or so when the weather is real warm! Could do a three or four day weekend type thing.
Geographically speeking, I think it would be feasible to have peeps from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and perhaps the eastern part of Missouri. Not that anyone who wanted to "travel" couldn't come, but I think from these areas.....it wouldn't be too bad of a drive.
Since I live in Indy, and it is centrally located, I would volunteer my state to host this shindig. I think a good lake for the small boats as well as some of the bigger ones would be Salamonie Reservoir. It is located in the center of the state. Not too bad a drive for anyone in the surrounding area. Great camping, and hotels within a 10 min. drive. What do you think? :cool:

burbanite
09-26-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm in....

jeff-in-ky
09-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Sounds like fun.
Hey burbanite, are you going to be at Indy. for the F1 race Sun.
JB

Stupid Fast
09-26-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm game. How far is that from Indy?

HavasuDreamin'
09-27-2002, 05:48 AM
Stupid Fast:
I'm game. How far is that from Indy?Maybe an hour and a half north or so. It is about an hour southwest of Ft. Wayne.
Perhaps I should repost this topic in March or so?
Any one else interested?

burbanite
09-27-2002, 08:47 AM
jeff-in-ky:
Sounds like fun.
Hey burbanite, are you going to be at Indy. for the F1 race Sun.
JBI'm not good at spectating wink but I have been out this week with several of the guys I worked with, haven't seen some of them for 10 years!
There is a party on Sunday night that they are dragging me to and I will be around the track Monday as they are doing the rebuild for Japan before they leave here.

RENEGADE454
09-27-2002, 11:30 AM
I would be interested. Probably could get a few
people from central il to show. I am in peoria

Stupid Fast
09-27-2002, 01:40 PM
HD, Burbanite are you guys Indiana fans? If so Don't watch tomarows game. Clarret is back. If He stays healthy it will Be a long day for Indiana Defence.
Eric
[ September 27, 2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Stupid Fast ]

27mtrcougar
09-27-2002, 03:46 PM
hey hd is that near peru in.

HavasuDreamin'
09-30-2002, 06:20 AM
27mtrcougar:
hey hd is that near peru in.Yes sir, not far at all, maybe 20 mins or so from Peru. I really think we can get a good regional gathering going on a long weekend and have a total blast. I suggested Salamonie because it is centrally located and small enough for the small boats and big enough for the bigger boats. I know there are several guys who couldn't do a Lake of the Ozarks, or even a Lake Monroe in Bloomington, IN type deal, too big of water. Anyway, I will try posting this in the spring and see what kind of interest is perked?
:cool:

burbanite
09-30-2002, 06:45 AM
HavasuDreamin':
I really think we can get a good regional gathering going on a long weekend and have a total blast. I suggested Salamonie because it is centrally located and small enough for the small boats and big enough for the bigger boats.
:cool Right on the money HD, I think most of the requirements for a great time are there, just add good people and it's on!
Still hoping to get to Geist this Saturday, on of our guys flew over it yesterday, said it was packed! Hope the weather allows everyone to get out on the water.

HavasuDreamin'
09-30-2002, 06:57 AM
burbanite:
HavasuDreamin':
I really think we can get a good regional gathering going on a long weekend and have a total blast. I suggested Salamonie because it is centrally located and small enough for the small boats and big enough for the bigger boats.
:cool Right on the money HD, I think most of the requirements for a great time are there, just add good people and it's on!
Still hoping to get to Geist this Saturday, on of our guys flew over it yesterday, said it was packed! Hope the weather allows everyone to get out on the water.Did your guy see a blue and white tunnel boat? wink I ended up taking Tracy and her Parents out for a quick spin yesterday. It was great. The water level is down about 15 inches according to the guy at the ramp, but we had no problems.
I love being less than 5 minutes from the water. Of course we will still frequent party cove on Morse during the summer, but party cove is not as big of a deal in the fall since no one is there. FYI, launchig is only $10 at Geist after Labor Day! Keep me posted, we would love to join you for a boat ride next weekend. :)

WATERROCKET
09-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Let mw know, Ill be there.

DansBlown73Nordic
10-01-2002, 06:25 AM
Im very interested. Im not sure how far it would be? I drove ten hours to Virginia this year it can't be that much farther. :D

HavasuDreamin'
10-01-2002, 08:17 AM
Dans66Stevens:
Im very interested. Im not sure how far it would be? I drove ten hours to Virginia this year it can't be that much farther. :D Like I said, all will be welcome and we would love to have some right coasters. I think it would be a total blast. Unfortunately we are about 10 months away.
I will keep it in the back of my mind and post some more on this next spring. I will do the leg work.....and hopefully we get some serious interest.
HD

burbanite
10-01-2002, 08:42 AM
Dans66Stevens:
Im very interested. Im not sure how far it would be? I drove ten hours to Virginia this year it can't be that much farther. :D Dans66,
you are probably looking at a 12-13 hour tow, I-80/I-90/I-69 combo.
Keep it in mind, it would be great to see you....ten months is probably the amount of time you will need to decide which of your fleet to bring :D