PDA

View Full Version : WHO WOULD YOU LET WORK ON YOUR MOTOR

dallas
11-01-2002, 08:17 AM
WHO WOULD YOU LET, OR WHO WOULDNT YOU WANT TO WORK ON YOUR MOTOR TRYING YO FIND SOME ONE WHO IS HONEST IN THE MIDWEST.

dorC
11-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Kinda of boat and motor?

Clown
11-01-2002, 10:18 AM
BAM MARINE Florida or
H.B.R. Heads by rick Las vegas NV
Opel enginering Streemwood IL
Sonny Leonards
Carl foltz C.F.E.
:p eek! :p :D :mad: :p

DEL51
11-01-2002, 05:16 PM
Good question.I have had some bad experiences with non local builders. You do not have much chance of working things out at a 1000 mile distance if something goes wrong.Check my horsepower post. My 572 is being assembled and tested at Goodwin Competition located in Omro, Wi.This is near Oshkosh and he does some work for Mercury marine. Merc has there own massive tool chest in his dyno room.I had a 18ft sanger jet that was powered by a 468 blown chev.It went 90mph and had lots of valvetrain problems. I had Goodwin go through it and gained 7 mph + reliability.

BlownCole
11-02-2002, 08:49 AM
DEL51:
Good question.I have had some bad experiences with non local builders. You do not have much chance of working things out at a 1000 mile distance if something goes wrong.Check my horsepower post. My 572 is being assembled and tested at Goodwin Competition located in Omro, Wi.This is near Oshkosh and he does some work for Mercury marine. Merc has there own massive tool chest in his dyno room.I had a 18ft sanger jet that was powered by a 468 blown chev.It went 90mph and had lots of valvetrain problems. I had Goodwin go through it and gained 7 mph + reliability.Is that guys first name Todd?

Ronnie
11-02-2002, 08:52 AM
I dont know where you are. I live in the Dallass area. The best builder in this part of Texas is Kim Barr racing engines. He as built boat motors for some time and does great work. He is building me a 383 for my boat now. I would not let anyone else touch my motors.
Ronnie

Mn Howard Cat
11-04-2002, 10:52 AM
I have seen some vairy strong runing motors out of Riggs Marine at a couple of poker runs. I don't know how far away. Thay are jest north west of Fond Du Lac Check them out.
http://www.smartpages.com/home/riggsmarin357969

DEL51
11-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi Blowncole,Yes Todd Goodwin.He also does cnc porting for Jim Butlers Pontiac"Edelbrock" heads.He is Not in Tx but his motors produce big power.Nice guy too.

Whatboat
11-05-2002, 03:57 AM
I agree with MHC. Riggs is the place in wisconsin

BlownCole
11-05-2002, 07:52 AM
DEL51:
Hi Blowncole,Yes Todd Goodwin.He also does cnc porting for Jim Butlers Pontiac"Edelbrock" heads.He is Not in Tx but his motors produce big power.Nice guy too.He built the 540 I have in my Cole, and another guy in Omro by the name of Tim Baer set up the blower and efi.

dallas
11-07-2002, 06:31 AM
I HAD THOUGHT RIGGS WAS GOOD, BUT I HAD A RUN IN WITH 1 OF HIS SONS AND FOUND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT MEL RIGGS AND HIS SONS. YOU COULDNT PAY ME TO BRING MY BOAT TO THEM THEY HAVE SOME DEFINATE MENTAL ISUES.SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU CHOOSE TO BRING YOUR BOAT TO THEM. I ENDED UP TAKING MY BOAT TO ROD DASH HE SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY HONEST GUY, AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME.

DEL51
11-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Hey Cole,Is your engine blue and powered by a centrifigal blower?I think I was there for the dyno test. It had a cast aluminum oil pan,real nice.

Whatboat
11-09-2002, 04:41 AM
dallas
[QB] ROD DASH HE SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY HONEST GUY, QB]you can't be serious.

BlownCole
11-14-2002, 06:09 PM
DEL51:
Hey Cole,Is your engine blue and powered by a centrifigal blower?I think I was there for the dyno test. It had a cast aluminum oil pan,real nice.No it was a black 502 efi converted to a 540 with a Vortech blower

Infomaniac
11-14-2002, 09:35 PM
BlownCole:
DEL51:
Hey Cole,Is your engine blue and powered by a centrifigal blower?I think I was there for the dyno test. It had a cast aluminum oil pan,real nice.No it was a black 502 efi converted to a 540 with a Vortech blowerHow did it do? Do you have some of the runs? Not looking for the biggest number but curious where it made power.

dallas
11-16-2002, 07:54 AM
WHAT BOAT. IF YOU WOULD OF WENT THROUGH WHAT I DID. YOU WOULD NEVER GO TO RIGGS. HE AND HIS RETARDED SONS CANT STAY IN BUISNESS TO MUCH LONGER, IF THAT IS HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS

BlownCole
11-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Infomaniac:
BlownCole:
DEL51:
Hey Cole,Is your engine blue and powered by a centrifigal blower?I think I was there for the dyno test. It had a cast aluminum oil pan,real nice.No it was a black 502 efi converted to a 540 with a Vortech blowerHow did it do? Do you have some of the runs? Not looking for the biggest number but curious where it made power.It was making about 690 HP on 3 lbs of boost, had it set conservative for it was in the family 22 foot skier. I don't remeber the torque figures but it woul pull my 280 pound ass up on slalom no problem. The first time my wife pulled a little to hard, ouch. eek!

Blown 472
11-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Let me do it, I have a mexican speed wrench and a hammer.

Whatboat
11-18-2002, 05:26 PM
dallas:
WHAT BOAT. IF YOU WOULD OF WENT THROUGH WHAT I DID. YOU WOULD NEVER GO TO RIGGS. HE AND HIS RETARDED SONS CANT STAY IN BUISNESS TO MUCH LONGER, IF THAT IS HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMERSI agree. It seems like Mels kids don't want anything to do with the business, To bad, riggs builds some kickass motors. He's got some top notch mechanics.
ON THE OTHER HAND
It is very hard to find someone around here who will take there boat to Rod. I can't see him being in business much longer

steve@kps
11-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Dallas, if you can't find anyone you can trust. e-mail me, and i'll set you up w/ my builder. His name is Leon Frazier, he used to tune for Benny Osbourne. Been building kick ass motors for over 30 years. My alcohol inj. 496 makes 814hp, and now has over 180 passes on it. Just took the pan off to freshen it up, Looks brand new. Very good people,and very honest.
injected,carbs, blower...whatever. he can do it.
p.s. his 598 makes 1180 hp and has over 125 passes on it. Still looks brand new.
(we turn our engines at 7500rpms through the traps)
Have all the numbers to back it up!

syke-o
11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
i wouldn't let myself work on it... i somehow always mess things up :)

24RODjr
11-19-2002, 10:01 PM
syke-o:
i wouldn't let myself work on it... i somehow always mess things up :) That's what she said.