PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Hot Boaters!

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Where is the spot in Minnesota? Lake Minnetonka is marginal at best. The traffic there is insane anyway. Where is everyone going to get 'em wet?

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-18-2003, 04:43 AM
Wow quite the turn out from the Minnesota crew! Could be that our water is f#%*ing frozen 6 months out of the year. Kinda makes boating difficult. Oh well, I guess I know why I haven't been able to find a decent place to go yet. There aren't any! C-ya'll later!

jockorace
07-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Hey Neighbor, there actually are a few real ***boatS here in Minnesota that aren't Outboards (not that there's anything wrong with them), just prefer V-drives.
I've been a 'lurker'on this Forum for a few years now, and your post actually got me to register & Log-in for the first time.
I'm a NorCal transplant about 10 years ago, and I refuse to conform, thus still run the v-drives at Gull Lake, Cross Lake(have place there)plus even run at Big Lake for water-skiing(just don't step on it.
Last weekend I met 7-8 great (crazy!) FAST Outboard guys at Crosslake. They are having Drag Races in Hastings this Saturday. They invited me to run, however I'm not quite dialed in yet and don't want to be embarrassed by an egg-beater.
Contact me, maybe we can get together before the lakes freeze over!

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Good to hear form someone in the tundra! I am currently boatless. I am in the process of restoring an old 16' Avenger. I am an eggbeater guy! Oh well! I make it out on the lake on a fairly regular basis still. (I have to swallow my pride and take out my father-in-laws fishing rig to do it, but I get out there.) I am hoping to have the boat in the water next summer. Maybe we can hook-up sometime in '04. Great to hear from someone that is tundra-bound like me! The drags would have been pretty sweet this weekend. Do you know of anyhting else like that happening locally here this summer? C-ya later!

jockorace
07-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Here's my 21' V-drive tunnel I'm running this season.
You are right, it gets kinda lonely on the Minnesota lakes. We get lots of attention, however its all from people asking...."hey-wow whats that???".
file:///C:/windows/Desktop/My%20Briefcase/DaytonaV-drive4.jpg

jockorace
07-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Oh well, that photo upload didn't work. I'll need some help to figure this$%#@ out!!

mowtown
07-20-2003, 09:58 PM
hey Jockorace,
What's with the geeky "jocko" title. Are you supposed to be some kind of "jock"?
I heard that your "***boats" rarely run. In fact, Mr. ace mechanic, you're lucky if your trailer(s) even make it to the lake without frying your bearings!
It's time to quite fooling yourself, old timer. Sell all of the spare parts that you wishfully call "high performance" and buy a 14' aluminum fishing boat with an ice breaker attachment on the bow . My bet is that you'll be happier and then your boat will truly be a "runner".
Oh, one final suggestion: It would be very good karma if you sent at least one of your spare motors, preferably 600 HP+, to your poor, struggling, son in Las Vegas. You know you owe him this after all those abusive childhood years...just a suggestion.
[ July 20, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: mowtown ]

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Hmmmmm...did I miss something?

Infomaniac
07-21-2003, 05:09 AM
jockorace:
Oh well, that photo upload didn't work. I'll need some help to figure this$%#@ out!! Need to upload it to the hot boat media center first. Cannot link to it from your computer. It has to be on the net.

mowtown
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Whole Lotta Nothin':
Hmmmmm...did I miss something? See the bottom paragraph...I'm just trying to get dad to send me one of his "spare" 600 hp motors for my Eliminator! Not much for a son to ask...
Just f*!^ing with the old man, that's all. By the way, I feel for you short summer dudes up there...come to Vegas and let's go skiing (water! ) in late April and early October!

jockorace
07-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Hey Info,
Thanks for helping me along here until I get the hang of this Posting drill. I still don't get it. I've gone to the 'IMAGE CENTER' and registered, however there are no instructions on how to upload the photo, other than what I tried the first time which didn't work for me (I'm obviously doing it wrong). Also, how do you insert a photo DIRECTLY on a post, rather than having a link to a photo? And last, how do I setup the AVATAR?
Oh, by the way just ignore that ingrate kid of mine out in Hendertucky, whose boat only has a top speed of 52mph(on the trailer downhill w/a tailwind)

mowtown
07-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh, by the way just ignore that ingrate kid of mine out in Hendertucky, whose boat only has a top speed of 52mph(on the trailer downhill w/a tailwind) [/QB][/QUOTE]
Trailer? Did you say trailer?
Son: Hey dad, you're trailer brakes sound like they're sticking?!
Jockorace: Ahh, no biggy. What damage could they do.
Forward to BFE, MN. Side of road, trailer spindle so hot that what was once a perfectly good bearing assy is now a molten mess. Ahhh, memories.

mowtown
07-21-2003, 07:45 PM
jockorace:
whose boat only has a top speed of 52mph(on the trailer downhill w/a tailwind) BTW, you forgot to add "with the bimini top up to act as a sail"

jockorace
07-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Now son,
You know I can go waaaay back and tell some excellent entertaining stories of your early mechanical prowess (ie:Mustang 5.0 Convertible 1/2 ton), however they told me it was a squeaker on the vote to let you in to the LAS VEGAS HOT BOAT CLUB anyway, so I wouldn't want them to do a recall vote on you. Okay, TRUCE!
Love & Kisses,
Daddy

mowtown
07-21-2003, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jockorace:
[QB] (ie:Mustang 5.0 Convertible 1/2 ton),
But it was so convenient to use that hole in the convert. top. It held three 2x6's perfectly. I call that being resourceful!
Okay, you win :D

mud duck
07-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I usually go out on the St. Croix River after work in the evenings. That way you can avoid most of the traffic. Minnetonka can get busy, and it is patrolled more often. I also go boating up north near Grand Rapids on some weekends where I have a cabin. I will have to check out your suggestions listed above. :cool:

jockorace
07-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey Mud Duck,
Thanks for the reply. We have been on the river on the weekend several years ago in the 21' Rayson-Craft blown V-drive. It was scary with wakes from boats the size if freighters. I don't think this Eliminator (low-profile) would be the hot ticket.
You're right, we'll have to hook-up on any Lake. Isn't like we don't have choices here.
O.K. I'm going to try this photo thing again.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/874Eliminator_4.jpg

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Bad ass ride! Makes my egg beater look REALLY tame. Well, maybe someday I'll be floatin' something like that. Good to hear from everyone! Better turnout than I thought up here in Minne!

Mn Howard Cat
07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
My wife and I go out jest about every weekend to Tonka or the St,Croix you jest missed the Miss Croix poker run last weekend they had 92 boats had a grate time and the Liquid Jungle poker run is coming up in August 16th.
If you see me out stop and say hi you cant miss my Howard Cat it's white with a blue stripe and a yellow hart beet and the blower sticking out of the hatch the name on the back is SCARE-D-CAT
OOO YYAA did I mention it's FOR SALE

jockorace
07-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Hey Mn Howard Cat,
We'll keep an eye out for you on Minnetonka, since we do go there a few times during the summer.
Here's a better photo of the Eliminator
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/874DaytonaV-drive6-med.jpg

jockorace
07-22-2003, 08:39 PM

jockorace
07-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey Info,
Figured out the photo stuff, how do I get my AVATAR on my posts?

mud duck
07-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Wow, That is one nice Eliminator. Hope to see it in person one of these days.
This is my newly enhanced engine in my Ultra.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/452Ellsworth_2342_em-med.jpg
A little different all covered up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/452Upholstery0009-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/452Upholstery0007-med.jpg
Hope to see you out on the water some day. :D

Mn Howard Cat
07-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Looking good we hope to get out this weekend it's going to be HOT burningm

Mn Howard Cat
07-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Check out the link I posted some pics from the poker run on one of the other forums.
http://www.fastboats.info/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10638

mud duck
07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Mn Howard Cat, Where are you going this weekend? I believe I am headed for the St. Croix on Sunday afternoon. If you get a bit to hot in the sun, I will volunteer to cool you off with a little spray of the rooster. :D

Mn Howard Cat
07-26-2003, 06:57 PM
I would love to go but I'm boat less for now it going to be a total loss at least the boat din't sink have fun out there on the river.

pete a
07-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey guys come to shawno wi.at the sand bar this weekend on sat.aug. 3rd there is going to be a hot boat party there again a lot of hot boats don't miss this one if you are into ***boats!

jockorace
08-03-2003, 07:45 PM

jockorace
08-22-2003, 08:23 PM