PDA

View Full Version : Performance Marine's Lake Whitney Blowout

sdba069
08-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Just a reminder.......October 4th and 5th.......Our annual cookout and end of the season bash........Plowman's Creek Park on Lake Whitney in Kopperl,Tx. Most of the camp sites had been resrved as of a couple of days ago but don't let that stop you.Everyone is pretty good about making room and helping folks find a spot.There is another boat ramp maybe 5 miles away,Kimbell Bend, where you can put in and come down by boat.You can check with www.reserveusa.com (http://www.reserveusa.com) for campsite reservations,availability and location.The closest lodging is Indian Lodge..254-889-3643,talk to Tim or Barb and let them know where you heard about it.They also have a web site but I don't remember the exact address,but it shouldn't be too hard to surf to.Any questions,I can be reached at 254-889-3336. Look forward to seeing everyone there.We'll be cooking fish on Sunday with all the trimmings and everyone is invited to dig in.Remember this is a cookout.
Garry

Jetty 468
08-26-2003, 04:04 AM
I will be coming this yr. and I will take the couch in your house ,ok?

Liberator TJ1984
08-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Good Lord willing, I will see you there...
Went last year but could only stay one day , still had a blast and met alot of good people...
Gopherrr

StealBlueZ
08-26-2003, 02:30 PM
The closest lodging is Indian Lodge..254-889-3643,talk to Tim or Barb and let them know where you heard about it.They also have a web site but I don't remember the exact address,but it shouldn't be too hard to surf to.
Garry [/QB]Garry, their site address is http://www.indianlodge.com/

sdba069
08-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks Randy.....I assume you are going to make it.

StealBlueZ
08-26-2003, 09:04 PM
sdba069:
Thanks Randy.....I assume you are going to make it. Yeppers! Probably the first one to reserve a spot!

sdba069
08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
COOL !!!!!!!!!!!

shockandawe852
08-27-2003, 06:12 AM
gary,was good to talk with you yesterday. i am going to try to make it one way or another.i will call you before i come to get some more info.
thanks
jason
harwood ind.

pgf127rt
08-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Jason, be sure and bring some samples from Harwood. LOL Glad you are coming.

Infomaniac
08-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Well the Cougar is broken.
Drive shaft snapped at the yoke (engine end) and poked a hole in the sponson.
Maybe next year.

sdba069
08-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey Ron.........That doesn't give you an excuse not to show.Hell,bring it with you and we'll fix it while you are here.Ain't nothing but a thing.

Infomaniac
08-27-2003, 07:17 PM
I hate going to a cookout and not being able to run.
Might show up for the chow and folks.
Not necessairily in that order.

sdba069
08-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Hey Jason......Good talking with you,also.I need to stay in good with you guys,I may need another front end for my 69 Camaro.Look forward to seeing you guys down here.........Hey Info.........Come on down..............

Badboat1
08-27-2003, 08:19 PM
This is the new ride.I will be there and some more pics coming of the new 10k block I just got.Ya'll will love it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00204.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00205.jpg
[ August 27, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Badboat1 ]

rrrr
08-28-2003, 06:55 AM
I just called and reserved a cabin.... I'm looking forward to meeting a few more boat noodniks LOL.

1slowboat
08-28-2003, 03:16 PM
hey gary, i will be there if i can squeze in a camp spot,.......rany,nice truck :D

Jetty 468
08-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Garry you got my bed ready yet ? Ron that's a shame about your boat but like he said bring it and we will help fix it, I will help out!

sdba069
08-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey Randy....Nice truck......When you get it hooked to your boat,call me and I'll help get you moving with my Duramax.I'm sure once we get up to about 40mph,I can cut you loose and it should make it okay as long as you don't have to stop.HAHA..............Kevin........I'll see if we can put a blanket out on the porch swing for you.............Slowboat.........Come on ,I bet we can find a spot to park you.

sdba069
08-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey Joe Don........I had my web guy put a little write up on my home page about the Plowman deal.Ain't much,but it's the thought that counts.You can click on the link below.

Jetty 468
08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
sdba069:
Hey Randy....Nice truck......When you get it hooked to your boat,call me and I'll help get you moving with my Duramax.I'm sure once we get up to about 40mph,I can cut you loose and it should make it okay as long as you don't have to stop.HAHA..............Kevin........I'll see if we can put a blanket out on the porch swing for you.............Slowboat.........Come on ,I bet we can find a spot to park you. Better then being tied to the tree out front ,cool moving up for sure :D

StealBlueZ
08-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Better then being tied to the tree out front ,cool moving up for sure
You guys are krakin me up!

Badboat1
08-31-2003, 06:36 PM
Duramax What is that junk shit I will pull all your shit all over the place.... How much Torque you have I have over 1000 get you some and we are working on it also back to the dyno.
BB1

sdba069
09-02-2003, 08:36 PM
I checked www.reserveusa.com (http://www.reserveusa.com) last night and there were only 11 spots left.Talked with Tim at Indian Lodge,www.indianlodge.com, and he said they were beginning to fill up.Just thought I'd pass this along........Hey Randy.......I thought you'd gotten off that halucogenic stuff.I'm sure you'll be okay in time.

sdba069
09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
The Indian Lodge link is www.indianlodge.com (http://www.indianlodge.com)

BigDaddy
09-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey Nice to See Every one Getting along and to see Randy still Using the N.O.S. (little 2 much) hahaha Just Kidding Randy (WhackOff) any way Hey I am trynig as well to make it again this Year with my Boat (Not to Race) But to go Cruise around in I dont have a chance against any of you Little Guys Mine is like a Wrecker For Towing or in Randys Case Getting Towed Thanks again Randy Hope to talk to ya soon if not see ya at the River. Does any one know if the water is Up down at the river or not Last I heard it was Very low and Dangerous ??
Hope to ya Yall soon and Fish Sounds Dam Good Snowman.

sdba069
09-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Hey BigDaddy........Lake is low,but no worse than previous years. We still got a little time to soak up a little rain.i'd like to put together an email list for the Plowman's get together. Any one interested email me at snowman069@hotmail.com .I'll use the list to send out info on dates and such.I'd planned on having tee shirts made this year,but I haven't been able to find anyone who could have them ready in time.If anyone has any ideas or maybe knows someone who could help us out,please let me know.

Rocket2003
09-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Garry, If I can't bring me Pit Buggy...... Can I bring this?
http://www.deepsand.net/albums/album05/andrew_03.sized.jpg

Rocket2003
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
If my Pit Buggy (Golf cart) is registered in texas can I bring it?

Rocket2003
09-09-2003, 09:05 AM
If my Pit Buggy (Golf cart) is registered in texas can I bring it?

pgf127rt
09-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Mike, anything that is registered and inspected with a licensed driver will be OK with the Rangers, otherwise they are hard to get along with. There are lots of M/C's there all street legal though, just a thought.

cookieman
09-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey Snowman, just got back from Jetfest on Labor day weekend. I talked to a lot of guys down there and I think you will find a bunch of them coming this year. I still a a full tank of gas that needs to be burned up before winter gets here , so I will be there for sure. Well just like jetfest I am just counting the days down until Oct. See ya at the river. TTUL Bill "cookieman"

sdba069
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey Bill.......Glad to hear you will be there along with the guys from Jetfest........Just bought a Youngblood last week to use for Plowman's,but a friend of mine wanted it worse than I did. Also just bought a V-drive mini-daycruiser,guess I need to put it together.The TX was a turnkey deal.I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

sdba069
09-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey everybody........Less than 2 weeks till Plowman's...After hearing about the fatal boat crash at Red Rock this past weekend,I want everyone thinking safety..First of all we don't need anyone hurt.It will only take one incident to bring this get together to a screeching halt.That would be a shame after 15 years.
THINK SAFETY
THINK SAFETY
THINK SAFETY
and in case you missed it............
THINK SAFETY
But have a good time

Rocket2003
09-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey Snoman! Got a map or dierctions to Plowmans? I'll be coming East from I-20

judge
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey, I'll be there bright and shining Saturday morning with a coffee in each hand being that I am leaving at 3:00 am saturday morning and it is about 6 hours away. Can't come Friday night because of son's football game. Will be expecting a cold beer from one of you northerners when I get there. :p sleeping

pgf127rt
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Don't forget Sunday at lunch we will be cooking;
............................. <"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
................<"}}}}>< <"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
<"}}}}>< <"}}}}>< <"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
..................................<"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
Be sure and come it is for everyone in attendance, I will cook till we run out or y'all stop eating.

pgf127rt
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Don't forget Sunday at lunch we will be cooking;
............................. <"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
<"}}}}>< <"}}}}>< <"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
..................................<"}}}}>< <"}}}}><
Be sure and come it is for everyone in attendance, I will cook till we run out or y'all stop eating.

sdba069
09-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Pretty cool JD......They close the in gate at 10 or 11 pm.You can get out but you can't get in.

rrrr
10-01-2003, 05:59 PM
My wife, the organized whizzo, wants to know what she can bring to contribute. Hell, I figured 6 cases of beer was good enough, but she sez we need to contribute to the fish fry.
Who's in charge? I need a name and phone number, she'll take care of it.

Badboat1
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
rrr, SDBA069 or PGF127 they are the peps doing it Sdba's Phone # is 254-889-3336 and his name is Garry Snow
BB1

sdba069
10-01-2003, 07:54 PM
From Cleburne,Tx.
App. 24 miles south on 174(that's about 3 miles past the Brazos River)
Left on 56
App 2 miles turn left into park at sign,Plowmans Creek Park
-----------------------------------------------------------
From Meridian, Tx.
App. 13 miles north on 174
Right on 56
App 2 miles turn left into park at sign,Plowmans Creek Park
-----------------------------------------------------------
It's on the upper end of Lake Whitney very near the small town of Kopperl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best part....It's only 5 miles from my house.Pretty good compared to the 800 miles we just drove to Malvern and back.Call me if you need further instructions.....254-889-3336(anytime)
---------------------------------------------
Hey rrr....We've pretty well got it covered,but you can bring whatever you like.I do appreciate the offer.And Thanks Randy (BadBoat)

rrrr
10-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks, Randy. We'll pack something for the cause. I am excited about meeting you all and getting some skooling on driving my boat LOL.
Seeya on Saturday!!! :D
[ October 01, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Badboat1
10-01-2003, 08:05 PM
We don't drink LOL or well Snow won't oh well I guzzle some.CYA there
BB1

pgf127rt
10-02-2003, 02:58 PM
rrr, the cook likes Miller Lite, but not much of it.
If y'all would like to bring something, we are usually short on desserts, but anything you would like to bring will be apppreciated.
I will be cooking breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, sausage, eggs & tortillas, bring your own hot sauce and bloody mary's, every one is welcome until the food is gone.
I will be setup in space 17 or 18 in the RV campground.
I will be leaving in the early afternoon Friday.

StealBlueZ
10-03-2003, 04:09 AM
Hey JDL... I'm in 19, just next door. You can cook my breakfast anytime-just be sure it's hot, plenty, and good. The closer to my DOOR the better!
I am planning on gettin there around noon, Friday
See ya,
randy

rrrr
10-03-2003, 06:28 AM
pgf127rt:
I will be cooking breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, sausage, eggs & tortillas, bring your own hot sauce and bloody mary's, every one is welcome until the food is gone.
My new best friend!!! :D :D

pgf127rt
10-06-2003, 04:30 AM
Randy, glad you and your Mom had a great time, good to see y'all and start making plans for next year, your Mom fit right in with the wild bunch, I had a blast.

sdba069
10-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey Info........We missed you.Lot's of pretty good boats out.Tony Anderson's blown gas flat was probably the fastest.There were 2 or 3 hydros but I never really saw one make a good pass.3 pretty fast jets,Gary Ogden's CP,Johnny Dunlaps 17' Earl,and Clay Socia's 16' Earl.Ogden also had his Cheyenne there but never put it in the water.Marty Logan had his Quartermaster and Pugh hydro there and they put on a pretty good show.Several big boats showed up Sunday after the rain including a couple of Firehawks with surface drives.Performance wise ,probably not the level we've had in the past,but no slouch by any means.Best of all,no incidents.Wanted to get Joe Don in a grudge race in his CVX-20 against Ogden's buddy with his 95 mph Ford powered CVX-20 but wasn't able to make it happen.That could have been the fastest side by side Glastron race in history.Oh well,maybe next year......

sdba069
10-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Happy Birthday Joe Don........and Thanks for helping to make the Plowman's weekend possible.Thanks to all these people.......
Joe Don and Bob Easley for cooking
Tammy,Ciera,Staci,Denise, and Joe Rapp for helping with the prep
Paul Schiels from Albertson's Food Stores
Bob Easley again for helping catch over 100# of fresh catfish fillets
Joe Don and Bob fried up almost 200# of catfish fillets,100# of fries,and 75# of hushpuppies
Because of the rain a lot of people cleared out early but I think we probably still fed about 150 people.The guys that left early missed some good food,not to mention the near perfect water conditions we saw after the rain.
Thanks also to everyone that showed up to help make this once again one of the biggest boating get togethers in this part of the country.Just FYI,this was the 13th year we've done this and the first time rain played a role.
We are already working on plans for next year for a special events permit which will give us complete control of the park.It was pretty packed on Saturday and that presented some parking and traffic issues with the park rangers.We were able to get that handled,with Park Ranger Patti's help.By the way,Patti is the prettiest park ranger I've ever met,which made working with her a pleasure.Already looking forward to next year's event,as always the first weekend of October....Thanks Again

sdba069
10-07-2003, 05:39 AM
We need to thank some folks for the use of their canopies when the rain started coming down.And that would be Ron Pruitt....David Frye and Denise Pagach... Maurice and Cindy Fox..............THANK YOU VERY MUCH