PDA

View Full Version : Performance Marine Blow Out Info?

Jetty 468
10-05-2003, 04:33 PM
How's thing's going down there ,hope all is well ,give us some scoop and Pics :D

Badboat1
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Sat. was a great day but the rain came today got a few pics will try and get them up tommorow.

Infomaniac
10-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Sorry I missed it Randy.
What was the main event?

pgf127rt
10-06-2003, 04:22 AM
Ron, it was really tame this year, everybody there spent a lot of time visiting and eating, Pat and Phyllis Johnson aka the Cajun pgf, brought a ton of shrimp Saturday and I think everyone there got all they could handle, I don't know how many pounds of fish, fries and hushpuppies Catfish Bob and I cooked in the rain on Sunday but I was manning three of my large cookers for about 3 or 4 hours.
The highligh of the fast boats was the Riding on Rails outboard was there tuning up for the ODBA worlds finals in Alabama, good luck to Marty and Vic on their quest for another World outboard title.
Wish you could have made it, the weather for the most part was unbelieveable, and the rain didn't dampen the spirits of the diehard boaters, some of them were still playing in the wet stuff.
[ October 06, 2003, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: pgf127rt ]

rrrr
10-06-2003, 06:36 AM
That was the most fun boating I've had in a looooong time! I got to hear some good stories, plenty of nice boats to check out, and prolly the friendliest bunch of folks around. My wife had a great time also, hanging out with Randy R's mom and engaging in nonstop yakking. We sat on the bank off and on during the day watching the guys throw down. A couple of times they were racing four wide, and the creek is only a few hundred feet wide. Yow! eek! Lots of fun.
I've only had my Howard out a total of four engine hours since finishing the rebuild, so it hasn't been maxed out in speed or RPM. I was just running the prop that was on the boat when I got it, and it was only turning 4800 RPM. Saturday afternoon J.J. loaned me a different prop, and Holy howling monkeys!! :D
It made an amazing change, revs up bumping the 6,000 RPM limiter, better holeshot, and waaaaay faster. Now if I can just learn how to drive it.... :D :D
Sunday we were moving slow, packing up our stuff at Indian Lodge before heading over to the campground. By the way, the lodge is really nice, Barb and Tim are good folks. If you want to spend a weekend partying on the Brazos, I recommend their place highly.
Anyway, about noon some rain passed through. Some people left early, but there was a good crowd to chow down on the excellent stuff cooked up by Joe Don and Catfish Bob. It rained pretty hard a couple of times, but by 4:30 or so it started clearing up. My wife and I drove back to Plano in sunshine, still talking about the weekend and laughing at stories we heard.
Garry, JD and the gang are some of the nicest people we've run across in a long time. We are planning to spend some weekends on the Brazos next year, it's a beautiful area.
Thanks to all that made our weekend so much fun.
[ October 06, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

sdba069
10-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Happy Birthday Joe Don........and Thanks for helping to make the Plowman's weekend possible.Thanks to all these people.......
Joe Don and Bob Easley for cooking
Tammy,Ciera,Staci,Denise, and Joe Rapp for helping with the prep
Paul Schiels from Albertson's Food Stores
Bob Easley again for helping catch over 100# of fresh catfish fillets
Joe Don and Bob fried up almost 200# of catfish fillets,100# of fries,and 75# of hushpuppies
Because of the rain a lot of people cleared out early but I think we probably still fed about 150 people.The guys that left early missed some good food,not to mention the near perfect water conditions we saw after the rain.
Thanks also to everyone that showed up to help make this once again one of the biggest boating get togethers in this part of the country.Just FYI,this was the 13th year we've done this and the first time rain played a role.
We are already working on plans for next year for a special events permit which will give us complete control of the park.It was pretty packed on Saturday and that presented some parking and traffic issues with the park rangers.We were able to get that handled,with Park Ranger Patti's help.By the way,Patti is the prettiest park ranger I've ever met,which made working with her a pleasure.Already looking forward to next year's event,as always the first weekend of October....Thanks Again

sdba069
10-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey Info........We missed you.Lot's of pretty good boats out.Tony Anderson's blown gas flat was probably the fastest.There were 2 or 3 hydros but I never really saw one make a good pass.3 pretty fast jets,Gary Ogden's CP,Johnny Dunlaps 17' Earl,and Clay Socia's 16' Earl.Ogden also had his Cheyenne there but never put it in the water.Marty Logan had his Quartermaster and Pugh hydro there and they put on a pretty good show.Several big boats showed up Sunday after the rain including a couple of Firehawks with surface drives.Performance wise ,probably not the level we've had in the past,but no slouch by any means.Best of all,no incidents.Wanted to get Joe Don in a grudge race in his CVX-20 against Ogden's buddy with his 95 mph Ford powered CVX-20 but wasn't able to make it happen.That could have been the fastest side by side Glastron race in history.Oh well,maybe next year......

pgf127rt
10-06-2003, 01:01 PM
rrrr:
That was the most fun boating I've had in a looooong time! I got to hear some good stories, plenty of nice boats to check out, and prolly the friendliest bunch of folks around. My wife had a great time also, hanging out with Randy R's mom and engaging in nonstop yakking. We sat on the bank off and on during the day watching the guys throw down. A couple of times they were racing four wide, and the creek is only a few hundred feet wide. Yow! eek! Lots of fun.
I've only had my Howard out a total of four engine hours since finishing the rebuild, so it hasn't been maxed out in speed or RPM. I was just running the prop that was on the boat when I got it, and it was only turning 4800 RPM. Saturday afternoon J.J. loaned me a different prop, and Holy howling monkeys!! :D
It made an amazing change, revs up bumping the 6,000 RPM limiter, better holeshot, and waaaaay faster. Now if I can just learn how to drive it.... :D :D
Sunday we were moving slow, packing up our stuff at Indian Lodge before heading over to the campground. By the way, the lodge is really nice, Barb and Tim are good folks. If you want to spend a weekend partying on the Brazos, I recommend their place highly.
Anyway, about noon some rain passed through. Some people left early, but there was a good crowd to chow down on the excellent stuff cooked up by Joe Don and Catfish Bob. It rained pretty hard a couple of times, but by 4:30 or so it started clearing up. My wife and I drove back to Plano in sunshine, still talking about the weekend and laughing at stories we heard.
Garry, JD and the gang are some of the nicest people we've run across in a long time. We are planning to spend some weekends on the Brazos next year, it's a beautiful area.
Thanks to all that made our weekend so much fun. Ron, it was great to meet you and your wife, and the '68 Howard Flat is beautiful, great job on the restore.
We look forward to seeing y'all back down here for the 2004 bash or before.
[ October 06, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: pgf127rt ]

sdba069
10-07-2003, 05:32 AM
We need to thank some folks for the use of their canopies when the rain started coming down.And that would be Ron Pruitt....David Frye and Denise Pagach... Maurice and Cindy Fox..............THANK YOU VERY MUCH

sdba069
10-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Got this little note in the mail today.
---------------------------------------------
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY FORT WORTH DISTRICT, CORPS OF ENGINEERS
WHITNEY/AQUILLA LAKES 285 CR 3602
Clifton, Texas 76634
Tel~phone 254-622-3332 Fax 254-622-3243
October 14. 2003
Gary Snow
506 CR 1185 Kopperl, TX 76652
Dear Mr. Snow.
It has come to my attention that the powerboat rally held at Plowman Creek Park has grown out of control, not only in the number of participants, but also in the flagrant violation of park rules and policies by event participants and their visitors.
We have received several verbal and written complaints regarding the behavior and activities of individuals associated with this group during the weekend of October 3-6, 2003. These complaints range from loud noise, to drunkenness, and public nudity.
Last year, you were advised that an event of this nature must be coordinated with the lake management, and that a Special Event Permit must be obtained to hold the event on public lands. We did not receive a request for a permit, nor were we notified that the event was happening this year. This event will not be permitted on Whitney Lake in 2004 unless a Special Event Permit is approved 60 days in advance of the event. The permit allows us to discuss what will happen during the event, and to plan and avoid policy or regulation violations. Failure to comply will result in removal of persons and belongings from Government property.
As you can understand, we have a responsibility to all campers and visitors to provide a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable environment and experience. If you have any questions, please contact Ranger Patty Spiller at the above address and phone number.
Sincerely,
Rona~- Reservoir Manager
For what it's worth,I've already applied for the permit,but considering the revues we got,I don't know if I'll be able to get it.I am also working on a contingency plan,just in case.

rrrr
10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
That sucks, Garry. I thought it was pretty tame, and I was there late both nights.

Badboat1
10-15-2003, 07:47 PM
I'll rent all the spots in the whole place and lets see.

StealBlueZ
10-16-2003, 05:24 PM
That's a bunch of crapola.... I went walking through the entire park in the early evening and after most had already crashed out on both nights, and I never saw any "out of control" behavior, loud noise, drunkenness, or nekid peoples. Actually, I was sorta dissapointed that all I had to do was walk around and eventually hit the sack myself.
I would bet you could chalk it up to one of the few campers that were there, and maybe even the guys that were fishin. Well, they didn't ruin my weekend, but I sure as hell hope theirs was shot to hell.
See Ya'll next year!
Randy
Hammertime Hydro.....
[ October 16, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: StealBlueZ ]

rrrr
10-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah, Randy and I went looking for a party, everyone was being quiet or sleeping, and when we saw girls they ran like hell. :D

Rocket2003
10-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Damn Boat racers! jawdrop