PDA

View Full Version : Moomaw

shirkey4750
03-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Talked to wideopen 545 the other night and we discussed maybe trying to hook up with the Moomawnster at Moomaw before Anna. Anybody else interested?

Moomawnster
03-20-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm in ! Well ... after I get the motor back in! ....I pulled the u-joints last nite in a red eye wrench session . Once I identify it I can get new ones ..... for now .... sleeping ZZZZZZZZ
Oh yeah ... Tim , no rpm increase . I ran it yesterday morning and got a wicked hole shot but it dies at about 50mph ..... like me .. sleeping

Cole 383
03-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Hey Shirkey,
Where are you thinking of getting together? I may be a player, if that big boy doesn't come around and pick on me.
I am looking for a descent set of chev. jet headers ( chrome)if anybody has some for sale.
Later 383

shirkey4750
03-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Hopefully in the middle of May sometime, after the water warms up and see what everybodys schedule is. Moomaw is a beautiful lake. Moo has been keeping it a secret to long. Maybe we can get the big boy to come out and play. Stopped into JD's yesterday, he wants to sell his Sanger ski hydro. Jerry had his new toy just about stripped out.

Moomawnster
03-23-2003, 03:57 AM
Ok guys ! I'm ready now ........ THIS was a manic mechanic session ! Today.... sleeping
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139manicmechanic.JPG

HammerDown
03-23-2003, 07:15 AM
Go you stud you...
Brother Moo, I need to remove my motor for a new oil pan(thats all)...could you send me some of that motovation...Because I sure don't have any!

Big Boys Toy PE857
03-23-2003, 07:55 AM
towoitayconcernykeyoardisroken

Wet Dream
03-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Big Boys Toy PE857:
towoitayconcernykeyoardisroken Translation...
To whom it may concern, keyboard is broken. :D
Hammer, you need to get involved.

Wet Dream
03-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Looks good Moo. Time to get her wet.

Big Boys Toy PE857
03-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Wet Dream,
Thanks for translating. The bottom row of keys and space bar had quit working. Got a new keyboard and I'm back in business. Had been several topics I would have posted on lately but couldnt.
The Lake Anna deal has my attention, and I hope to attend. Watch out for that Southern West Virginia riff raff, Cole 383, though. He will try to convince you he has a fast boat and I personally know it won't run but 150, in a thousand feet, anyway.

Cole 383
03-26-2003, 05:21 AM
OK 857,
That is a good story. I hope you are stickin to it. But if you think that will get me to jump on that Richard Petty boat,(not). By the way what does that boat look like in the front?
Later 383

Super D
04-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey Moomaw - that's a pretty rare last name. Any relation to Donn Moomaw, my uncle, in LA? Haven't heard it outside of the family...interesting...

Moomawnster
04-13-2003, 01:12 AM
Cool name , but not mine .... Moomaw is a local name from back in colonial times , there was an old man named moomaw living in the river valley that is now the lake , I think there are a few in the Covington Va phone book too .... Super D I bet your relatives lived in Va once ! :D Oh yeah .... the lake was nice saturday !

shirkey4750
04-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Hey Moo, I was at camp over the weekend, still snow on Cheat. They had 5" at Snowshoe Wed. night. Spent Sat. catching dinner for Anna. We ended up with 26 trout for the weekend. Wife is going to the beach in early May, so I may drag the Hydro up for the weekend. Turkey hunt in the morning and boat in the afternoon. Is the lake clean, or is there still trash?

Moomawnster
04-19-2003, 03:20 AM
LOTS of trash ! I was dodgeing stuff all afternoon ..... everybody should know that this lake has some nasty surprises if you aren't familiar ... so be careful ! I don't want to hear about you from the marina owner eek! :D

shirkey4750
05-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Moo whats the lake condition? May try and get over there this weekend, just got back from camp, had a couple very hard rains Saturday. Deer creek was up and running this morning, but crossed over the mountian to Snowshoe side, and everything was fine.

Moomawnster
05-04-2003, 04:51 PM
I haven't been out for a couple of weeks , but I suspect lots of debris .... we have been gettin the rain too . I had to shoe the horse today or I would have gone this evening :rolleyes: , things cleared up after noon .... maybe in the morning .... I need a fix !

HammerDown
05-05-2003, 05:40 AM
Moomawnster:
I haven't been out for a couple of weeks , but I suspect lots of debris .... we have been gettin the rain too . I had to shoe the horse today or I would have gone this evening :rolleyes: , things cleared up after noon .... maybe in the morning .... I need a fix ! Brother Moo, waasssss up...shoe the Horse!!!
I put a new back tire on my Iron Horse> (Harley)...kinda the same thing. :D