PDA

View Full Version : What a week...

Wet Dream
12-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Tuesday night, I'm going south on I-95 through Bronx, NY. It's the busiest road in the east with everyone congregated on this 3 lane stretch going to the George Washington Bridge into Jersey. Traffic is actually moving pretty good for a 6:30pm run, a few stop and go type things. I'm in my semi, a 2001 Volvo, and we are stopped on a minor upgrade. I have a brand new GMC Envoy in front of me and a double decker car hauler in front of him. I look down at the clock and look forward to see if we are moving, when all of a sudden I see the Envoy getting closer to me. I stab the brakes out of reaction, but I'm not moving anyway. So the Envoy gets plowed into my truck. WTF??? I watch his back window explode and I'm thinking that I'll be ok. Nope, about 2 seconds later, the steam starts pouring from under my hood. Shit. Well, the car hauler driver gets out of his truck and said to the Envoy driver "guess he hit you pretty hard". Meaning I hit him. Ummm, no, the car hauler rolled back or had it in reverse and pushed the Envoy into me. Next its the lights, sirens and now we have the cross Bronx expressway all F-ed up. I get a littel tow off of the X Bronx and am dropped into the deep Bronx, with the Yankee stadium in sight. 6 hours later in freezing temps, no water in the radiatior I finally get a tow to my terminal. Now I'm in a shitty little International until my truck is done on Monday. THEN... my wife calls me yesterday (Wednesday) and says "You're going to be a little pissed......but I didn't mean to do it". Oh shit, the inevitable had happened. But how bad did she do it? She was late to work, decided to take a shortcut (shortcut= dirt road) :rolleyes: well she found a little patch of ice, plenty of that around with the last few storms, and noses it into a ditch. It wouldn't back out, so NOW she decides to put it into 4WD and go forward. She is now in a field of some sort and needs to exit a smaller ditch to get it out. It is now in the shop with $1000 damage. I wish she would have tweaked the frame or something or hit a tree, but we'll get it back. She is safe though, and thats what really matters. Well, she is safe for now, I haven't seen her yet, as a matter of fact, she is on her way home now, with my pickup. Wait, she's late. I guess I'll wait for the phone call to come get her out of another ditch. Have a good night guys.

Dimarco Kid
12-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Damn! Brother! Sounds like you could use a hug from some big titted hooker! Don't you just love it up here? I can't get enough of it. I have quite emptied ALL my brain matter in the driveway by slipping on ice, YET! I have no idea why anyone would want to live where there's no snow or ice! It's just so much fun. Just think how nice it will be when you get home from Cal!!!!
D Kid

DansBlown73Nordic
12-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Wet I hate to bring this up, but A thing like that happened to one of are Drivers in the Rotten Apple. The rotten bastards sued are company saying he ran into them. My point is be careful what you say to those ASHOLES!!!!!!
The weather has been real Bad!!!! eek!

fat rat
12-12-2002, 07:15 PM
When the shit hits........it hits hard, hang in there Bro........Anna is right around the corner. You Guy's can group hug then, I'll take the picture. :D

DansBlown73Nordic
12-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Rat I was in your neck of the Woods yesturday. Baltimore this time........ :D

HammerDown
12-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Hmmm...the Cross Bronx-(parking lot)...isnt that just the prettiest little piece of Heaven ya ever layed your eyes on?
Now, now there Wet...you being a professional driver and all...ya know its you falt for not maintaining a (safe ) distance.LOL... I can relate brother!
Glad the Miss's is OK.