PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Crash On Cayuga Lake!!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
08-18-2002, 06:29 AM
Saturday morning around 2 a.m. a boat hit another boat killing the driver. His wife is in critical condition. :(
The worst part of this story is it was a Hit And Run!!!! They are still looking for the boat.
Cayuga Lake is one of the finger lakes here in UP-State N.Y.
I will post more info......

CV-23
08-19-2002, 04:57 PM
That really stinks! I hope they find out who did it and nail them big time. We had a great time on Seneca Lake the other weekend. We had 8 Classic Glastrons show up and we ate Dinner at The Crow's Nest. They have great food and we even had enough Dock Space. It was to hot in the Canal so we baged the trip to Cayuga Lake. I would like to try Cayuga next Summer. The Bass Boats were everywhere heading for Cayuga. We ran a bit at night under a good Moon but we really had to watch for other boats. With our River, the channel sets the traffic and the Lake has no Channel or direction of flow/traffic. I found it to be a little more stressful...Mike.
http://www.geocities.com/carlson_cv23/NY_Meet.html

737jetmech
08-20-2002, 12:51 AM
2 AM ??? Sorry to hear things like this!!! I'll save my boating for daylight hours... Bob

DansBlown73Nordic
08-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Yup I have seen a couple other crashes up there. They have always been at night.
I still can't believe they can't find the other boat...

Hallett19
08-20-2002, 04:23 PM
737jetmech:
2 AM ??? Sorry to hear things like this!!! I'll save my boating for daylight hours... BobBoating isnt fun till the sun comes down.... especially when you have a 2,000,000 candle power spotlight, know your surroundings and have the inside of your boat FULL of neons!! :)

DansBlown73Nordic
08-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Im going up there Sunday. I will try to find out more!!!!