PDA

View Full Version : How much do you pay your nanny/daycare

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Per week. Also what other chores do they do for you ie.. Laundry, clean, floors, dinner etc...
And for how many kids??

Mandelon
03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Everything I've got.
She watches the two kids, volunteers at school, handles most of the paperwor and billing at home, cooks, cleans, does shopping, manages transportation work, odd jobs, some gardening, and home improvements, laundry, cleans the pool, provides occasional sex, organizes travel plans and other tasks as required. I get good service, but damn, it sure is expensive. :cool:

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Everything I've got.
She watches the two kids, volunteers at school, handles most of the paperwor and billing at home, cooks, cleans, does shopping, manages transportation work, odd jobs, some gardening, and home improvements, laundry, cleans the pool, provides occasional sex, organizes travel plans and other tasks as required. I get good service, but damn, it sure is expensive. :cool:
Now I know you are lying! LOL

Mandelon
03-15-2006, 12:39 PM
By her recollection it is all the time.........

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
By her recollection it is all the time.........
LOL.
But seriously! I would like to know what some other out there pay.

All IN
03-15-2006, 12:50 PM
250 a week , she has been with me for 12 years.
She also get around 5 weeks paid vacation a year and 10 3 day weekends.

2Driver
03-15-2006, 12:53 PM
$1700 month. Well educated great girl (28). He’s now in pre-school so this was 2 years ago.
40-45 hour week, only responsibility was the child.

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
250 a week , she has been with me for 12 years.
She also get around 5 weeks paid vacation a year and 10 3 day weekends.
How many kids? Does she live with you? Cook clean etc...
Here is my story. My wife and I just had twins, well 8 months ago. We have a nanny part time Mon-Wed. 6am-7pm. We pay her $100 cash/day. She is there just to watch the kids, no cleaning, cooking, etc... She does make my wife breakfest in the morning but that is it.
Am I paying to much?? It feels like alot!

BarryMac
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Everything I've got.
And she stays with you, I will NEVER understand it... :D :D

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 12:58 PM
$1700 month. Well educated great girl (28). He’s now in pre-school so this was 2 years ago.
40-45 hour week, only responsibility was the child.
Thanks, I do not feel as bad now.

BarryMac
03-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Here is my story. My wife and I just had twins, well 8 months ago. We have a nanny part time Mon-Wed. 6am-7pm. We pay her $100 cash/day. She is there just to watch the kids, no cleaning, cooking, etc... She does make my wife breakfest in the morning but that is it.
13hours a day, the nanny makes about $7.70 an hour, that's barely over minimum wage without OT for the hours over 8 or double time for the hour over 12, hmmm, I'd say your getting a pretty good deal...

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
13hours a day, the nanny makes about $7.70 an hour, that's barely over minimum wage without OT for the hours over 8 or double time for the hour over 12, hmmm, I'd say your getting a pretty good deal...
I think I am getting screwed! The kids wake up at 7 and go back down at 10-12. The go down again 3pm till 5pm. So 12-5=7hours.

ADDICTED
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
I have a 5 week old son and that would be well worth the night feedings alone!

Biglue
03-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I think I am getting screwed! The kids wake up at 7 and go back down at 10-12. The go down again 3pm till 5pm. So 12-5=7hours.
It's about there dude. We pay $120 a week for my little dude. That is day care though. He gets watched from 9 to 6.

a catered life
03-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Per week. Also what other chores do they do for you ie.. Laundry, clean, floors, dinner etc...
And for how many kids??
sounds like you need a french maid with all the perks :p

BarryMac
03-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Okay, so let me get this right, when the kids go to sleep does the Nanny leave? No, the Nanny is there just in case one of them wakes up with a wet bed, throwing up, crying or any number of other things. IMO just because the nanny isn't physically watching the kids their pay shouldn't be cut, they are there becasue unfortunately you or your wife cannot be...

riverracerx
03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
$180/wk for Disney Day Care for my 1 year old.

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Okay, so let me get this right, when the kids go to sleep does the Nanny leave? No, the Nanny is there just in case one of them wakes up with a wet bed, throwing up, crying or any number of other things. IMO just because the nanny isn't physically watching the kids their pay shouldn't be cut, they are there becasue unfortunately you or your wife cannot be...
You sound like my wife. I PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED, not just in case services. Damn!!

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
sounds like you need a french maid with all the perks :p
LOL. A clean house and hot dinner is all I am really asking for.

Biglue
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
You sound like my wife. I PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED, not just in case services. Damn!!
Doesn't work that way peckerhead. LIke GJB said she could take off during the kids naps and return once they wake up. Then it's services rendered. She could then start charging travel fees. Face it focker. YOu have about the same expense if not a sweet deal compared to some other parents on here. BTW when did your wife go back to work?

MAINEVENT
03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna be paying about 2400 a month but she's gonna be a live in Sunday night to Friday evening... and she offers "light cleaning" and cooking... No sexual favors though i asked LOL J/K :rollside:

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Doesn't work that way peckerhead. LIke GJB said she could take off during the kids naps and return once they wake up. Then it's services rendered. She could then start charging travel fees. Face it focker. YOu have about the same expense if not a sweet deal compared to some other parents on here. BTW when did your wife go back to work?
When the boys hit 6 months. She is only working part time M-W. She has a pretty sweet gig. Her youngest sister is the nanny, and that is what is pissing me off. it is family. Shouldnt it be free, LOL.
We looked at it this way and I am still trying to justify to myself. They are at home with someone we trust, who is really good with them. She is high energy and works hard. Day care was (I think) around $250 a week for both kids.
Thanks for letting me vent.

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna be paying about 2400 a month but she's gonna be a live in Sunday night to Friday evening... and she offers "light cleaning" and cooking... No sexual favors though i asked LOL J/K :rollside:
Are you going to 1099 her?

MAINEVENT
03-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah that's for triplets..... 3y.o.

Wmc
03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I think that is great. I paid $300 per week for one child, which included occassional cooked dinners, laundry and cleaning once a week. I sure miss her!!!! Twins are a handful. Maybe you can ask her to do a few things when the kids are sleeping.

MAINEVENT
03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Are you going to 1099 her?
Not sure she will live with my ex-wife i just get to pay for her... As part of our agreement...

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah that's for triplets..... 3y.o.
That is so cool! I bet you guys have a blast together.

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I think that is great. I paid $300 per week for one child, which included occassional cooked dinners, laundry and cleaning once a week. I sure miss her!!!! Twins are a handful. Maybe you can ask her to do a few things when the kids are sleeping.
That is my next step! I am trying to get her to just clean up the mess that she made throughout the day, once that is being done, maybe she can dust.

Biglue
03-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Not sure she will live with my ex-wife i just get to pay for her... As part of our agreement...
Damn bro. $2400 a month is going to hurt big time.

topless
03-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I had nannies when my kids were little. I made out because mine were live ins so if I went out, I never had to worry about a sitter. I won't tell you what I paid because you will all feel ripped off.

Dave C
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
damn we pay $1,250 per child for JUST FT group daycare.... you don't even want to know how much nannys cost.... :220v:

MAINEVENT
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
That is so cool! I bet you guys have a blast together.
Yup they are part of my crew... Glamis, havasu, beach, anywhere i go if i have them they go with me alotta fun... Bcause of that they ae not the normal toddlers LOL The $$$$$ doesn't hurt to me fork out the fact that i have to move so far away from them is what's gonna kill me ... but definately good times... If your wife can... have her stay home their is nothing better for the kids... IMO my theory was if my wife coldn't make three times what the nanny would cost it was'nt worth it for us... Just my .02
Good luck and may i suggest nanny cams... I had them put in every room of the house and the signal is sent to her computer while recording at the same time ....

eman1625
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
we pay $285/wk. 3 days a week...works out to about 12hr. She just watches kids and keeps the place clean.

BarryMac
03-15-2006, 02:28 PM
NautiTwins, sorry if I came off rude or arrogant, but honestly can you really put a price tag on the person that you are trusting with your kids? A very close family friend is a Nanny and let me tell you she is expensive, she watches one girl, Kindegarten age, she makes $1400 a week and the little girl is in school for 4 hours a day, she does cook and clean and do other things for the Single Mom around the house, I asked one time if her boss just needs a good servicing once a week, she told me that was what they invented "D" batteries for...:D

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
NautiTwins, sorry if I came off rude or arrogant, but honestly can you really put a price tag on the person that you are trusting with your kids? A very close family friend is a Nanny and let me tell you she is expensive, she watches one girl, Kindegarten age, she makes $1400 a week and the little girl is in school for 4 hours a day, she does cook and clean and do other things for the Single Mom around the house, I asked one time if her boss just needs a good servicing once a week, she told me that was what they invented "D" batteries for...:D
Not at all. I did not take it in a bad way. You have a point and I guess so does my wife. We are really lucky to have her watching the kids. Like I said before it is family, blood and there aunt. She goes everywhere with us and even watches the boys on a Fri night for a couple of hours. I just hate the 1st and 15th of the month when I watch my vacation house getting paid out to the nanny. LOL

Devilman
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
You tried to pay her by giving her that jetboat & she turned you down huh? :rollside:

Biglue
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
You tried to pay her by giving her that jetboat & she turned you down huh? :rollside:
Talk about work related stress.

NautiTwins
03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
LMAO. She did want it, but then I would have had to keep it stored and fixed it when it broke.
She is a good kid!
How you doing Dman it has been a while!

MAINEVENT
03-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Damn bro. $2400 a month is going to hurt big time.
That's a est. on it from what we talked about but then again they are my kids and wouldn't try to cut the cost and hire some crack head... So really it will hurt but very justifiable(<--is that really a word) IMO

AzMandella
03-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow it must be the overpriced California thing.We pay $110.00 a week for our 9 month old for daycare from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon - Fri.It's a very clean safe and secure facility.We also pay $57.00 a week for the afterschool program for our 5 yr old that is run by the YMCA.They do arts and crafts and play games from 2:00 PM till 5:00 pm.So in total we spend 167.00$ a week for two children that comes to about $33.00 a day and we couldnt be happier with the care our children are recieving.

C-2
03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
We paid $220 week for our 1.5yr old at Kindercare. She turned 3 today and are paying $153 week at LaPetite.
---------
Personally, we like the fact our child is among other children her age, being taught to socialize, TO LISTEN, interacting with others, and even learning colors, abc's, to count, childrens songs etc. Big difference between our child and many other friends kids, who are being raised by grandparents.

Dave4XTC
03-16-2006, 04:42 AM
My wife has a small daycare and I think she charges $600 a month, but she provides lunch, munchies and she has a whole lesson plans and activities for the toddlers

Parker Dreamin
03-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Twice a week from 8am till about 6pm, watches 2.5 and 6 month old. She bust her ass cleaning too, laundry, etc.. but she knows the kids come first and if she can clean then cool....
we pay her $100 each day, and it is well worth every penny. It is hard to find a good worker that you feel comfortable with your kids....

sorry dog
03-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Paying $900 a month for 6 mo old for M-F daycare, but there's the hidden cost of all the doctor bills and stay home time from all the colds he picks up there. It's pink eye going around the place this week. It's a real nice place with about a 5 to 1 ratio, but I think too many professional working parents drop their kids off sick when they should really keep them at home.
Decided it wasn't worth it anymore and wifey quit to stay home for a while.