PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Raystown Lake Today

Wet Dream
08-17-2002, 05:53 AM
I'm going to check it out, cruise the lake, and take the kids to the water park. Maybe I'll see someone out there?

fat rat
08-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey Wet........so how did it go, I've been there once with out the boat. It seemed to be a pretty cool lake, lots of coves and not a lot of traffic from what I could see from land.....they also had house boat rentals........fill us in on some details.

MOON-DAWGIE
08-19-2002, 09:15 AM
fat rat:
Hey Wet........so how did it go, I've been there once with out the boat. It seemed to be a pretty cool lake, lots of coves and not a lot of traffic from what I could see from land.....they also had house boat rentals........fill us in on some details.Fat Rat - It's been a while since I've been on the water there, but the Lake is awesome. Check out the web site: http://www.raystownresort.com
I've heard on weekends the boat traffic gets heavy but I can't imagin it's any worse then Havre was. Only one ramp so need to get the boats in the water in early. I think we could actually leave them in the water and tie them up over night to the waterfront near the cabins.
Check out the waterfront cabins, I think this would make a great Hot Boat meeting place. Some of the cabins even have Hot Tubs (or private jon boat pools).
Anyone up for a PA G2G?

CV-23
08-19-2002, 04:34 PM
You can count me in for a Hot Boat Weekend at Raystown......Mike.

fat rat
08-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Could this be a July meet for next year........Look out "Beast of the East" could be comming to a lake near you!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

DerangedToo
08-19-2002, 05:22 PM
I am all game for that event !!! lets start making reservations now!!! them cabbins sounded real nice!!!

Wet Dream
08-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Raystown is a cool lake. There are several coves, a couple of islands, smooth water and plenty of cruising places. The water can get rollers big enough to air out the boat (did that :D ). I tried to make it to the resort to check it out, but a thunderstorm cut my visit short. There is a waterpark there with slides from what I hear. I would say that the size rivals that of Lake Anna and they have awesome camping sites and the resort and the cabins. Big cruisers are all over the lake and the shores range from a slate/ shale to mud, but the water is very clean. I didn't find any debris or hydrilla. The launching was a little steep, actually the most I have ever paid ($15) but $25 will get you 2 days of unlimited launching. Sounds like I might be going back there this weekend for a visit to do a little more scouting.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Regattas/Mvc-739f.JPG

boatnut
08-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Keep me poste, I'm interested!

jerry millington
08-25-2002, 04:57 PM
I was at raystown from 8-16 to 8-25
at raystown resorts camping at
point 22 at the no ski sign.
Need more hot outboard boats
on the lake.
I had my blue V-KING there.
jerry

DansBlown73Nordic
08-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Ok sounds great, where is it? :confused:

JOHNNYBEGOOD
08-26-2002, 06:18 AM
I go to Raystown lake 3 to 4 times a year. Its a good size lake for this area. I think its 27 miles long, with lots of coves. I like to camp at the resort most of the time, but have camped at Seven Points a few times as well.
It can get kinda rough on some weekends, but all and all it is a very nice lake. It has the best scenery, you may even spot an eagle.
There are always hot boats to be found at Raystown.

CV-23
10-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Can we set a date for July 2003? I'm thinking the 12th or 19th. I would like to tie in our PA Classic Glastron Meet the same weekend and site. We usually have 8-10 Glastrons & Carlsons show up in OB and IO. We have some Pittsburg Members that would join in! What do you think?....Mike.
http://www.geocities.com/carlson_cv23/CGOAPA.html

DansBlown73Nordic
10-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Hellooooooooooo Where is it?????? :confused:

CV-23
10-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Sorry about that Dan.....I didn't read your previous post. Its out near Altoona PA (a tad farther south west). About 3hrs west of Williamsport, Mike.