PDA

View Full Version : Everyone knows River Dave!

superdave013
03-05-2003, 07:29 AM
River Dave was telling to his boss one day, "You know, I know everyone
there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them."
Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Dave, how about Tom Cruise?"
"No drama's boss, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it".
So River Dave and his boss drive up to Hollywood Hills and knock on Tom Cruise's
door and Tom Cruise shouts, "River Dave! What's happenin?!? Great to see you! Come
on in for a beer!" Although impressed, River Dave's boss is still skeptical.
After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Dave that he thinks him knowing Cruise was just lucky.
"No, no, just name anyone else,"River Dave says.
"President Bush," his boss quickly retorts. "Yup," RD says, "Old buddies, let's fly out to Washington." And off they go. At the White House, Bush spots River Dave on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, "River Dave, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and
catch up."
Well, the boss is very shaken by now but still not totally convinced.
After they leave the White House grounds he expresses his doubts to River Dave,
who again implores him to name anyone else. "The pope," his boss
replies. "Sure!" says RD. "My folks are from Poland, and I've known the Pope a
long time." So off they fly to Rome. River Dave and his boss are assembled with the
masses in Vatican Square when RD says, "This will never work. I can't catch
the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the
Pope.” And he disappears into the crowd headed toward the Vatican. Sure
enough,
half an hour later River Dave emerges with the Pope on the balcony but by the
time RD returns, he finds that his boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics. Working his way to his boss' side, River Dave asks him, "What happened?" His
boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came
out on the balcony and the man next to me said, "Who the f*#k's that on the balcony with River Dave?" :D

HavasuDreamin'
03-05-2003, 07:32 AM
LOL.............. :D

JetBoatRich
03-05-2003, 07:32 AM
LMAO-That was very good, thanks for the laugh RD

carreraelite
03-05-2003, 07:48 AM
LOL!!! Thats funny!!

Party Cat
03-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Who's RiverDave ???? :confused:
I know superdave013, but everyone knows him....
[ March 05, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Party Cat ]

Blown 472
03-05-2003, 07:53 AM
:D :D :D

Thunderbutt
03-05-2003, 07:59 AM
What a deal we have two of the best Daves in town, one River and one Super, who else could start our day with a laugh.

hot_diggity_dog
03-05-2003, 08:12 AM
good one
HDD :cool:

Sea Esta
03-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Classic!!!!!

ratso
03-05-2003, 10:19 AM
That one made my day.

bordsmnj
03-05-2003, 11:26 AM
i don't get it :confused: (j/k)

rrrr
03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
I was there! (from the River Dave and the Magic Boat thread in December) :D
rrrr:
My experience with RiverDave, one of the most famous guys on Earth...
Last year at Christmas I was in Rome, went to see the Pope give his annual blessing in St. Peter's Square.
A roar went up from the crowd as the Pope emerged on the balcony. Much to my amazement, standing next to His Holiness was RD, wearing his shades and lookin' good.
A guy standing beside me asked his buddy "Who is that on the balcony?". His friend replied "I don't know the guy in the funny cape and hat, but that fella next to him is RiverDave".
I took a photo of the occasion, but it's hard to pick out RD 'cause I didn't have a telephoto lens.
http://cnn.co.il/WORLD/9512/sick_pope/st_peters_square.jpg
[ March 05, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

rrrr
03-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Oops! boxed
[ March 05, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Jordy
03-05-2003, 01:50 PM
That's funny. :D

Beautiful Noise
03-05-2003, 02:53 PM
RiverDave:
I'm going to print that out and hang it on my wall. :D RD Don't say your going to Cover-Up your Farrah Fawsett Poster Finally :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Steve

wsuwrhr
03-05-2003, 04:44 PM
I agree, we have two of the Best Dave's I know right here.
Brian

Jordy
03-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Beautiful Noise:
Don't say your going to Cover-Up your Farrah Fawsett Poster You're just pissed because you don't have an original autographed with "Dear RiverDave... " :D

Beautiful Noise
03-05-2003, 05:12 PM
jordanpaulk:
You're just pissed because you don't have an original autographed with "Dear RiverDave... " D [/QB]Damn,Did it show how Pissed :mad: I was in my Typing, I guess those Pissed Management Classes aren't working for me yet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Steve

cyclone
03-05-2003, 05:42 PM
oh shit..i can hear RD's ego inflating already.

RIVER WILD
03-05-2003, 05:52 PM
I HAVE MEET RIVER DAVE NOT THAT I AM ANYBODY

LUVNLIFE
03-05-2003, 06:57 PM
EXELLENT.... that's from Dave and Dave's Excellent Adventure.

Just Tool'n
03-05-2003, 08:14 PM
River Dave, Your our hero!!!!!!!

Rexone
03-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Ah yes, he does get around doesn't he?
A couple recent RD adventures...
Magic Boat (http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000689)
Beach hotel (http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000793)
wink

JetBoatRich
03-06-2003, 04:15 AM
It is all true, River Dave does know everyone. Not that I read it, I feel cool just being on the forums with him. :D

Duke
03-07-2003, 12:51 AM
that cracked me up pretty good too!

Thunderbutt
03-07-2003, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rrrr:
[QB] I was there! (from the River Dave and the Magic Boat thread in December) :D
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rrrr:
[qb] My experience with RiverDave, one of the most famous guys on Earth...
Last year at Christmas I was in Rome, went to see the Pope give his annual blessing in St. Peter's Square.
A roar went up from the crowd as the Pope emerged on the balcony. Much to my amazement, standing next to His Holiness was RD, wearing his shades and lookin' good.
A guy standing beside me asked his buddy "Who is that on the balcony?". His friend replied "I don't know the guy in the funny cape and hat, but that fella next to him is RiverDave".
I took a photo of the occasion, but it's hard to pick out RD 'cause I didn't have a telephoto lens.
I see him, he is sitting on the Pope's shoulders.