PDA

View Full Version : Rush didn't insult anybody...

BUSTI
10-02-2003, 01:02 PM
I started a new thread because I believe the previous thread lost its intellectual honesty. I belive that Rush did not and I repeat did not insult anybody at all regarding his Donovan McNabb comments. And he certainly did not make a racist statement. And if you allow me to make my case to you I can prove that Rush is neither a racist or a bad football commentator.
Here is why I believe this. I have carefully analysed what he said. He believes that McNabb is overated. Why? Because he believes that the media wants to see a black quarterback succede. He then offered evidence to justify his comment in the face of reality that the Eagles have won alot of games over the past three years and played recently for 2 NFC champioships. The evidence was that in his opinion that those victories came to them as...ARE YOU READY....BECAUSE OF THE DEFENSE!!!!!!!! A DEFENSE THAT IS MANNED BY 9 (NINE) BLACK MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
If Rush was a racist trying to destroy a successful blackman's reputation I hardly believe that he would do so by heralding 9 other blackmEn as the real reason the Eagles were winning! Don't you think thats a lil funny? Be racist to one blackman but fair and compimentary to nine others. Political correctness saturates every aspect of American culture. From testing standards being lowered for the firemans exam to the college entrance standards being lowered at the local university. This bias does exist and has been engrained in every vocation in this country today...why is it absurd to question that it exists in the NFL?
Secondly Rush made a pure football critizism that on its merit is valed. He beliebes that the real reason for the Eagles having won was the defense has carried the team! Now how is that different if John Madden had said it on his program? You can accuse Rush of being wrong on whether the defense carried the team and you can dissagree with him and say in your opinion that McNabb is not overated and he is the reason the Eagles have won. And you can even argue the point whether or not many of the media are effected or not effected by all the national hysteria Politica Correctness regarding race...
But what you can't intellectually argue for and or a make the case for, based on what rush said, ..and that is that he is a racist! Not every time a white man mentions race is it a sign of racism! The other commentators that were black and on the air with Rush realized in his questioning McNabbs overall impotantance to the Eagles that Rush paid the highest compliment to 9 other blackmen that a sports caster could pay them. And that is they were responsible for the Eagles success. That is why the other black news casters on the show did not say much at all.
Rush can be insensitive..but racist never. If he was why is it that he frquently has his vacation replacements on radio be black men such as Walter Williams and or Thomas Sewell? He intrust the listenership of the largest radio program in the world while he is on vacation to blackman. Oh yeah he sounds like a real racist to be. Give me a break!!!!
The only racists here on this subject are the so called leaders of Black America that have Rushed to judgement and jumped down Rush's throat in an attempt to discredit him with their racist lies. All they have done is demeaned the real issue for those that are racist. Black America quit crying wolf and save the real charge of racism for those that deserve it. Grow up and realize you hurt your own that really are the victims of racism by making the general public weary of such false charges and insensitive to real racism!

Brodie
10-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Dang. your fired up about this huh?

Dave C
10-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Good point.
Another example, one of people that Rush admires is Clarence Thomas. A lot of so-called civil rights leaders call Thomas an "uncle tom."
Rush's real mistake was to attack the media establishment and a bunch of panderers.
[ October 02, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Dave C ]

Brodie
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
i didnt read the whole thing cuz its to long. The first part was good

Caribbean Jet
10-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Your thread is very well thought out and you have so many great points. I wish that people would think about things rather than rush to judge them. We do not have to agree with him whether he is right or wrong. People will prosicute you just to do it. I agree Rush should not have taken on the media. Good Argument

ratso
10-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Thank you BUSTI...

twistedpair
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
I liked Bob Golic's comment on this this morning. What he said was substitute the word league for media and you may have a valid argument. The media could care less who's hot or not, they're equal opportunity ass-chewers.
I like Rush, I am not a Ditto-head by any means, I agree with alot of what he says, but he kinda has a hard-on for the big evil media at times.
My .02 (before taxes)

MagicMtnDan
10-02-2003, 06:09 PM
The following is written by Allen Bara of Slate and provided by MSNBC...
"Oct. 2 — In his notorious ESPN comments last Sunday night, Rush Limbaugh said he never thought the Philadelphia Eagles’ Donovan McNabb was “that good of a quarterback.” If Limbaugh were a more astute analyst, he would have been even harsher and said, “Donovan McNabb is barely a mediocre quarterback.” But other than that, Limbaugh pretty much spoke the truth. Limbaugh lost his job for saying in public what many football fans and analysts have been saying privately for the past couple of seasons."
"Rush Limbaugh didn’t say Donovan McNabb was a bad quarterback because he is black. He said that the media have overrated McNabb because he is black, and Limbaugh is right. He didn’t say anything that he shouldn’t have said, and in fact he said things that other commentators should have been saying for some time now. I should have said them myself. I mean, if they didn’t hire Rush Limbaugh to say things like this, what they did they hire him for? To talk about the prevent defense?"

Trailer Park Casanova
10-02-2003, 06:18 PM
He was hired for his opinion,,,, and to draw his enourmous audience,, then when he delivered,, they put his balls in a vise.
Freedom of Speach???