PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trailer

Magnuman
03-15-2006, 04:06 PM
I have never seen one of these.
I guess it would be great behind a motor home.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-Boat-Carrier-Trailer_W0QQitemZ4621514648QQcategoryZ66469QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Cole Sanger
03-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I have seen similar. That trailer is for a car and has been modified to hold a small light boat....Jon boat/aluminum boat.

GofastRacer
03-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I have never seen one of these.
I guess it would be great behind a motor home.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-Boat-Carrier-Trailer_W0QQitemZ4621514648QQcategoryZ66469QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem
Yep, friend of mine built one a long time ago to haul two race boats, worked great!..

GunninGopher
03-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I doubt I'd stick my boat that high in the air.
I'm thinking of adding a rack onto my boat trailer to haul a Rhino or similar around when we get one. I will probably put it right above the axles and have the cart ride sideways. I would have to drive it onto the rack with the boat on and off, since I don't think I'll be able to launch the boat with it on and that would defeat the purpose anyways.
I wouldn't want to extend the trailer and put it in front, since I'm unwilling to monkey with the tongue weight that much. I've seen some things done like that and wonder what the tongue weight is with the cart on vs off. I saw one guy with a 2 jet ski trailer that had the cart in front and that thing had to have been pulling way too much tongue weight, or none with the cart off.
I'm still thinking it over, since this would potentially put the boat at risk. Also, I'm not sure that I'll want to drive up a ramp to get the cart 5' into the air. I also don't know if a removeable rack like this could be done right.
We usually travel in a motorhome and it can be difficult launching the boat with it. I would prefer to take a Rhino along to launch with and cruise around the campgrounds/parks in the evening. We usually take a couple of trips that are over a week long every year and it kind of sucks having to walk everywhere.

buzzaro
03-25-2006, 11:52 AM
We built one like that that hauled our two PWC's and 20' jet boat. We had it set up with hydraulic rams that raised and lowered the top section so you could launch the boat and skis at the same time (If you had enough people around to pilot the boats). If you modified it to do that, you wouldnt need a long steep ramp for the cart. Of course, this would make launching the boat with the cart difficult. Makes it nice if you have a lot of stuff to haul and only want to take one tow rig.

iggdog
03-26-2006, 08:23 PM
buzzaro. Can you post a picture of your trailer? I'd like to build an overhead rack for my trailer ( 18' jet) for a single seadoo.