PDA

View Full Version : Prayers out to all the families in Santa Monica, CA today...

dmontzsta
07-16-2003, 10:22 PM
my friend was at the market and caught alot of stuff on tape. He couldnt stop crying, said there were dead children and shocked him for life now.
My prayers go out to everyone. Sad thing is the old man didnt know what happened.
Anyone else hear about this?

jet4fun
07-16-2003, 10:29 PM
holy shit eek! what the hell are you talking about :confused:

Rexone
07-16-2003, 10:35 PM
some 86 year old guy ran a car full throttle it sounds like through 3 blocks of people in the santa monica farmers market today. Killed 8 I think including one child and injured 40 or so more. very sad day. It was all over the news earlier.
demonstza check your PM's on your earlier question. thanx :)

jet4fun
07-16-2003, 10:39 PM
again, holy shit eek! , my prayers go out to everyone...
time to start being a little careful about letting the old timers drive

JetBoatRich
07-17-2003, 03:34 AM
It truly is a sad incident, looks like the guy lost control and/or panicked hitting everything

Lady Rat Attack 1
07-17-2003, 05:25 AM
I feel so horified about what happened yesterday. Watching the news just crying . So very sad. My prayers go out to all the familes involved and those who say this happen. There is much healing to be done now cry frown

Seadog
07-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Every indications so far is that he missed the brake pedal and then panicked. At that age, it is very easy to get confused and then to mentally lock up. Sadly, it is sometimes only whan this type of thing happens that anyone sees the symptoms in retrospect.

Wet Dream
07-17-2003, 06:21 AM
dmontzsta:
my friend was at the market and caught alot of stuff on tape. He couldnt stop crying, said there were dead children and shocked him for life now.
My prayers go out to everyone. Sad thing is the old man didnt know what happened.
Anyone else hear about this? Appearently this guy thinks we are mind readers. There is more to the world than southern Cali****ya. Elaboration helps on alot of these topics.

HavasuDreamin'
07-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Very Sad. :( My condolences. A couple of years back, an elderly man started driving down what he thought was a road way in Chicago. It turned out that he was driving down the bike/rollerblade path along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Stricter licensing requirements need to be initiated for the elderly IMHO.

Charley
07-17-2003, 07:25 AM
frown

Blown 472
07-17-2003, 07:42 AM
web page (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3073223.stm)