PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget about our boys in Iraq!

24ROD
08-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Talked to an old friend today I havenot seen in a while. When we start asking about each others family, he let's me know that his son 20 years old got hurt real bad over there. A grenade took part of an arm and a leg. Wow I saw this kid grow up. Joseph my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Outnumbered
08-13-2003, 08:00 PM
That sucks. Hope he is doing OK. You are right, we take those guys for granted too often. It takes a special person to risk his life for his county like these guys do (chicks too :D ). They sure are not doing it for the money.
OL
[ August 13, 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Old Lavey ]

spectratoad
08-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I am in the Army Guard Full time and I have two guys in my office over there right now. They say the sand fleas are hell and there is malaria and the heat is pretty ravaging. My Medevac Blackhawk unit that I drill with on my weekend warrior side is also over there in Afghanistan (yes we still have guys there too) they have been there since November.
I have been over there for the first one so when I am running around here in my fatigues and it is only 100 degrees I think about all of the guys over there and suddenly it ain't so bad. wink

azsyndicate
08-14-2003, 09:50 AM
My little bro is fresh out of boot camp and will be heading over to Iraq in the next couple of weeks. Everyday you hear about some poor guy getting ambushed and it scares the shit out of me. First time that I can't be there to help or protect the guy since the day he was born.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-14-2003, 05:05 PM
azsyndicate:
My little bro is fresh out of boot camp First time that I can't be there to help or protect the guy since the day he was born. He'll be OK.
Our prayers are with him.

Catmando
08-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
azsyndicate:
My little bro is fresh out of boot camp First time that I can't be there to help or protect the guy since the day he was born. He'll be OK.
Our prayers are with him. There are over 250 dead American soldiers now. Prayers didn't help them.

spectratoad
08-14-2003, 05:14 PM
I hope that all the guys stay safe. Good luck to your little brother. I know how it is. Tell him to be strong.
24Rod hope your frinds family is doing ok. My prayers go out.

Outnumbered
08-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Catmando:
There are over 250 dead American soldiers now. Prayers didn't help them. Just move to China and make yourself feel better. You seem so unhappy here.
If it wasn't for guys like these hanging their asses out to get shot at you wouldn't be able to spout off your liberal views in this forum without big brother coming into your house in the middle of the night to take you away.
Think about that and then take a personal shot at me in typical liberal fashion.
OL :D
[ August 14, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Old Lavey ]

Banshee
08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Catmando:
Trailer Park Casanova:
azsyndicate:
Our prayers are with him. There are over 250 dead American soldiers now. Prayers didn't help them. Just think, our men a fighting for this assholes freedom.
Freedom is NOT free
Support our troops or get the **** out!

24ROD
08-14-2003, 05:51 PM
spectratoad:
I hope that all the guys stay safe. Good luck to your little brother. I know how it is. Tell him to be strong.
24Rod hope your frinds family is doing ok. My prayers go out. Thanks they are doing well, just in a state of shock.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
08-14-2003, 06:14 PM
I have a nephew still over there in Iraq. I will never forget about our men and women who fight for us. God bless you all... :)

MagicMtnDan
08-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Catmando:
There are over 250 dead American soldiers now. Prayers didn't help them. You just can't stop being an insensitive prick not even for one thread, can you?!
Folks here are talking about loved ones, friends and family members over there as volunteers, putting themselves in harm's way so you, me and everyone else in this great country of ours (including the illegals) can be free to work, and boat and post on the boards.
Just because you don't agree with the President and his policies, can't you show some respect for those who do?! Can't you show some dignity and class by commending the millions in our armed services?
Is it too much to ask? Apparently so. The problem with you is you have no class, and you're clearly an angry person unable to set aside your differences and respect those who don't agree with your liberal philosophy.
Here's a clue - repeating your liberal bile over and over only galvanizes those of us who don't agree with you. And when you lose the respect of others you're losing the only thing you have left.