PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone (what a joke)

Coach
01-31-2003, 10:44 PM
I go out with my buddy to day to test his new boat before the final payment. We get the boat out at 7:30 and get 1 lap before the patrol is pulling us over. He gives us the 3rd degree about our speed 35mph :mad: and not know the rules. The guys from the maker brought the boat to the ramp, we didn't get the RULES. Anyway he asks us if we see any other boats on the lake going like a bat out of hell? We are nice and say no, but wanted to be smart asses and tell the guy there are no other boats out here. To find out we can't go more than 12 miles before 10. What a POS lake (pond). We got one lap and left, thank God with out a ticket from the patrol. At least we know the boat didn't have any leakes. The patrol guy was just a dick. He could of just let us know why we were wrong and would have been on our way, but took 10 minutes to tell us BS that takes 30 seconds. Just had to vent about this dick.

Coach
01-31-2003, 10:46 PM
Coach:
I go out with my buddy to day to test his new boat before the final payment. We get the boat out at 7:30 and get 1 lap before the patrol is pulling us over. He gives us the 3rd degree about our speed 35mph :mad: and not knowing the rules. The guys from the maker brought the boat to the ramp, we didn't get the RULES. Anyway he asks us if we see any other boats on the lake going like a bat out of hell? We are nice and say no, but wanted to be smart asses and tell the guy there are no other boats out here. To find out we can't go more than 12 miles before 10. What a POS lake (pond). We got one lap and left, thank God without a ticket from the patrol. At least we know the boat didn't have any leaks. The patrol guy was just a dick. He could of just let us know why we were wrong and would have been on our way, but took 10 minutes to tell us BS that takes 30 seconds. Just had to vent about this dick.

WILD LAVEY
01-31-2003, 10:57 PM
RiverDave:
Coach, what did you mean about the 12 miles before 10 thing?
RD Dave, at puddlestone the speed limit is 12mph before 10 a.m. what a joke. i got pulled over in the past for the same thing.

NEW 2 RIVER
02-01-2003, 12:36 AM
If your boat aint aluminum with a 5 hp outboard you wont be makin any friends at puddingstone.Havent met anyone with anything good to say about that place yet. :D

CA Stu
02-01-2003, 01:04 AM
WILD LAVEY:
RiverDave:
Coach, what did you mean about the 12 miles before 10 thing?
RD Dave, at puddlestone the speed limit is 12mph before 10 a.m. what a joke. i got pulled over in the past for the same thing. Hey man let the fishermen do their thing man (sound of gigantic bong toke).... But at 10.01.. Hit It!!!
CA Stu <-- wishin' he had a boat that folks would complain about :D

Kilrtoy
02-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Your not the same two fella's trying to find a namefor your boat, are you. If so maybe it should be
SLOW POKE PLEASE

JetBoatRich
02-01-2003, 07:08 AM
That is the problem with the localponds, they make wierd rules. You expected to know them all, come on 12mph before, never heard that one before. Do they use radar to see if your going 13? We all know 13 is bad luck eek!

HavasuDreamin'
02-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Last time I was at puddlestone, we ended up telling them to F*^K Off, then turned around and went to Castaic. This was about 6 years ago.
We get there, and the office people pretty much rip our boat apart making sure we have every little safety piece of equipment possible. Even though our fire extinguisher was in plain view, they made us take out of the boat so that they could inspect it :confused: Since when did an office dipsh*t become a safety inspector? They checked the boat over, inspected all life vests, etc, etc. This took at least 10 - 15 minutes. Way over board. :mad: After we were approved by the anal inspectors, they tell us there is a 10 mph speed limit on the lake the entire day! We were in my 19' Eliminator Daytona! :mad: Why couldn't the dumba**'s tell us this right from the start! burningm
To top it all off, they had a piss poor attitude and made it seem as though we were totally inconviencing them by being at their lake. We haven't even stepped foot in San Dimas since!
devil
[ February 01, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]