PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Good Friends

JetBoatRich
07-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Try to make this short, but it may be tough
Last Sunday I went through Havasu on the way top Parker to pick my boat up in storage. I met my buddy there who let me use his storage for the week after OP6 and his was in the shop. I hitched my Boat up and moved it out, after we put his boat away we followed him into Parker. Said our good byes, etc. We checked into the Blue River and launched the boat, my daughter and I went for a quick run to see how the water was. When we came back into the marina, there was John standing in the Marina waiting for me. (on the start of his trip he blew 1 tire on the right rear of his dually, tore the truck up) Seems after they left Parker, the right front blew and tore the truck up some more. He asks if he can take my truck home and he will bring it back later in the week with new tires to mount for his truck. I gave him my keys with hesitation. John Returned Tuesday night, hung out all day with us in Parker while his truck was having the new tires mounted up. He even bought items needed for our boat.
Talk about pay back:
It is now Saturday night, me and the family are on the way home from a great vacation on the water. My Suburban decides to start heating up, we stop at a rest stop cool it down and then proceed again. Started up the Grade just past Baker and the truck gets to hot continue. I call John on the nextel and he said he was on his way to help. A few hours later he arrived, after doing a few things to the Suburban. we hooked up the boat to his truck and I followed him to my home, non-stop.
I arrived at my house at 3am, John did not get home until 4:15.
Sure nice to have good friends who will lend a hand without thinking twice.
John used to Post as Living Large, but only lurks now a days.
Thanks John, me and the family want to say thanks for the help.
:D :cool: :D

spectratoad
07-08-2003, 02:31 PM
It is all a big circle and it will eventually come back to get you, both the good and the bad. The good is always better though. Good to hear about things like this. :D

jlnorthrup122
07-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Yeah there are a few peoples like that left in the world I got a buddy of mine that lets me use one of his mortenson buildings whenever I want for free all I have to do is stop and help someone out if I see somone stranded roadside.(I do take caution from hijackers.) :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-08-2003, 02:41 PM
It is always nice to hear about good friends like that. I hope you both know how appreciative you are to each other. It is always good to do a good deed for someone if you know them or not. It will always come back to you (good) in the end. The world would be a better place if there were more people like you two. Congrats on the good friendship. More like family now. :D :D :D

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 03:43 PM
It is all a big circle and it will eventually come back to get you, both the good and the bad. The good is always better though. Good to hear about things like this.
True dat!Every time I've ever helped anyone on the river and been offered cash I refused to take it.Oh,I accepted a silver or 10 for payment,but I believe in River Kharma.I tell them that instead of paying me they have to make sure to do the same thing for someone else one day.

Beautiful Noise
07-08-2003, 06:04 PM
It's so Cool to have good Friend's like that :D :D As a matter of fact i'm heading to Parker tomorrow night Rich and I forgot your Phone Number Now what was it again :D wink :D
Steve

JetBoatRich
07-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Beautiful Noise:
It's so Cool to have good Friend's like that :D :D As a matter of fact i'm heading to Parker tomorrow night Rich and I forgot your Phone Number Now what was it again :D wink :D
Steve You have it and any time :D

Mandelon
07-08-2003, 06:43 PM
A good man is hard to find...or was that a hard man is good to find?????
Good to know quality folks like that who come through for you! Glad you got home OK too. :D

Eric455
07-08-2003, 06:47 PM
hey rich why is that you get so uch help? let me answer that. its because youo help in return like the folks said its a circle. i'm sure glad to help out anyone i can until they take advantage of the sittuation. you treat me like ur son. and i admire that. sorry to hear all went down. but look at it this way. its only temporary. and ur home safe.
see ya soon DAD!!!
eric :D

JetBoatRich
07-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Eric455:
you treat me like ur son. and i admire that.
see ya soon DAD!!!
eric :D Boy do I feel old :o :o

Eric455
07-08-2003, 07:29 PM
JetBoatRich:
Eric455:
you treat me like ur son. and i admire that.
see ya soon DAD!!!
eric :D Boy do I feel old :o :o lol

beached 1
07-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Cool story.
Talk about Karma....Or is it spelled Carma?
Whatever, you know what I'm sayin.

Kilrtoy
07-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Awesome bro, Hope the truck works out......

HARDIN18
07-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Good story.
I always help out and have always been helped when needed. I guess the circle works well for me.

JetBoatRich
07-09-2003, 03:32 AM
The circle does go around and nice to know it exist :D