PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst you've ever hurt yourself??

Dribble
01-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I just got back from a six day stay in the hospital . I had two surgeries for a broken fibula and tibula. The story. Riding wheelies in front of the house on the KTM, grabbed too much throttle, lost the rear brake and looped. Two pins, two plates and twenty one screws. I figure with all the type A personalities on these boards there will be some pretty interesting stories. http:// http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/me2.JPG re

spectras only
01-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Had a double compound fracture riding a motorcycle.An 80 year old dumb bitch pulled out of a stopsign right front of me :mad: .She was going to get her hair done early morning during rush hour :rolleyes:

Blown 472
01-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Trying to move a core 390 short block in the back of a parts truck, picked up on the bellhousing end and slipped in the oil and dropped the damn thing on my right hand, cut the tendon in my index finger in two and layed my middle finger open to the bone, three monthes off and a stainless wire down my finger to hold the tendon together, not bad till they had to put it out wif a pair of pliers. :mad:

DogHouse
01-24-2003, 11:26 AM
For me it would be either falling off the yz80 as a kid and fracturing three vertebrae, or maybe throwing the old kz900 superbike off a mountain side near Wrightwood and losing a bunch of skin and a spleen. Bet there will be a common theme in this thread besides the injuries... Motorcycles!
Hope you heal up soon!
-brian

78Eliminator
01-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Cut my finger in half so it was just kinda flapping there. They were able to save it.
*Glad to hear you're ok now!

78Eliminator
01-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Blown 472:
Trying to move a core 390 short block in the back of a parts truck, picked up on the bellhousing end and slipped in the oil and dropped the damn thing on my right hand, cut the tendon in my index finger in two and layed my middle finger open to the bone, three monthes off and a stainless wire down my finger to hold the tendon together, not bad till they had to put it out wif a pair of pliers. :mad: When they operated on my finger to restore movement, there was a tube that poked out at the tip of my finger that went down and also poked out the palm of my hand. When they pulled the tube out (with pliars), I experieced the worst pain I have ever felt. It is amazing how many nerves are in your hands...

mbrown2
01-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Shattered my knee cap roller skating banged the knee bent directly into a wallgoing fast(yeah..wtf)..a couple pins and wires, and they were able to put humpty back together again..

mbrown2
01-24-2003, 11:35 AM
After Surgery, they had a tube in my leg draining the fluid...after 12 hours they pulled it out....I went completely white from the pain and feeling that accompanied that procedure.

68campbell
01-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Shattered my jaw, bit off half my tongue, broke my collar bone and broke my wrist...
... Missed a set of triples on my CR500

diggler
01-24-2003, 12:10 PM
When I was in college, I didn't have health insurance,... but I did have a job at a bar where I was a bouncer.
Earlier in the day, I was trying to seperate two frozen hamburger patties with a steak knife. Well, they seperated, but in the process, I stabbed my hand pretty good. (I know, I know... how stupid!)
Well, I went to class for the rest of the day and kept calm. Didn't say a word to anyone... I had a plan!
Went to work in the evening and volunteered to work outside to check ID's. (This let me keep gloves on without looking strange). After an hour outside, I went back in and did some things such as cleaning up, etc..
I then went to my boss and told him I cut the shit out of my hand on a broken glass. He sent me straight to the hospital. The next day, a plastic surgeon did surgery for four hours to reconnect my nerve endings. ALL ON WORKMAN'S COMP!
So don't worry, I won't tell where or when this happened. Just another example of a college student surviving any way he can. By the way, the total bill covered by workman's comp was over $15,000.

Froggystyle
01-24-2003, 12:19 PM
The first event contributing to my medical retirement from the SEAL teams was a parachute accident. Here is the scene...
10:00 at night. Combat equipment low drop, low opening. 750 feet up out of a C-130, black as the inside of a cat. You couldn't see the drop zone at all, no moon, no ambient light, and we are going out on static line round chutes (MC-1B) very very low. From the time you exit until you are on the ground is about 20 something seconds. We have rucks strapped to us (about 70 lbs) and full weapon loadout with web gear (another 45 lbs). About 10 seconds after exit, I notice that we are moving laterally really fast, and didn't expect much ground wind.
All this piles into this... I land in a tree with full kit. My left foot stops me, as it has wedged itself into a crook (V) of the tree and stopped my downward crash. Great, until one second later when the 18 knot ground wind grabs my chute, and drags me sideways through the tree, doing what it can to twist my foot off.
Now, torn free of the tree, I fall the remaining 15 feet without the benefit of a chute and start breaking bones.
All told, my left foot suffered three spiral fractures of the first three metatarsals, twisting them in half. Now releaved of holding the foot in place, once I land from the drop the ligament (plantar fascia) on the bottom of the foot that attaches your forefoot to the heel (calcaneous) is allowed to overstretch once I land from the tree, and I sever it in half, while breaking the calcaneous in three pieces as well. This, combined with four ligament ruptures on the outside of the foot from the twisting leaves me in a pretty good amount of pain, but still in a boot.
I hobble off the drop zone, parachute in my arms complaining about how badly my foot hurts. The corpsman pulls my boot off only to have the achiles tendon, with no plantar fascia (Fascia! Fascia! His Daddy! Austin Powers Fascia... Eh Thank Yew...) to hold it down, retract half of my heel bone up my leg a ways, and the front half of my foot pulled upwards with no metatarsals or ligaments holding it down. That, sucked.
Surgery included 18 titanium staples, two plates, 12 screws, four osteotomies (cutting bones, turning them and re-attaching them) a bazillion stitches, four huge scars, and some bone from my hip. The X-rays look like a Home Depot sale bin.
I got into another platoon two years later.
[ January 24, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

HCS
01-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Screwed up my back on a dirt bike it's never been the same. Broke my wrist fell off a roofing truck. Broke my jaw watersking. Everyone sucked! frown

HavasuDreamin'
01-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Nothing too serious for me, but lets just say that my thumb and the cigar cutter didn't get along too well. wink
[ January 24, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

cyclone
01-24-2003, 12:30 PM
when i was 12 i broke my right arm in 12 places after an unsuccessful attempt at pulling off a back flip on my bike in the street in front of my house. man did that suck. Had to sit out the state soccer finals two weeks later.

DogHouse
01-24-2003, 12:30 PM
So Froggy are ya trying to say that you broke your foot?
wink
ps: Ouch!

Froggystyle
01-24-2003, 12:31 PM
DogHouse:
wink
ps: Ouch! You could say...

Liberator TJ1984
01-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Hung my Dick in the Zipper once...does that count??? cry
set my self on fire Starting BBQ pit, melting nice Magnum PI Hawaiian shirt to my back
split my lip open and knocked out a tooth while pulling on a wrench and it slipped
then there's the ongoing shock therapy from trying to weld on stuff while wet
[ January 24, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Liberator TJ1984 ]

superV
Selling my first boat! :mad: My pride has never been the same... frown

Beautiful Noise
Just my Luck nothing come's to mind :rolleyes: What time is it i'm sure something will happen :( :cool:
Steve
[ January 24, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Beautiful Noise ]

DogHouse
01-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Froggystyle:
DogHouse:
wink
ps: Ouch! You could say... Well at least you did it with STYLE!
wink

HOSS
01-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Spent a month in a burn unit with 70% second degree borderline 3rd. That shit hurt for a long time. 2.5 gals. of gasoline can make a damn big fireball! Quickest 50yards I ever ran. Through flames!

AZKC
01-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Liberator TJ1984:
Hung my Dick in the Zipper once...does that count??? cry eek!
Mine's pretty weak compared to most of these, Cut the end of my finger off with an axe cutting a cable in half, Smashed my hand with some 90# rail, Stuck an ice pick thru my palm, crashed a 250r three wheeler into a jumping cactus. Funny all self inflicted, :D
KC

burbanite
01-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Fontana 1998, last race of the season, got run over during a pit stop.
Helmet and three layer firesuit saved me as I was dragged down between the rear wheel and the underbody, car ran over my right side and head.
Separated shoulder, hyper-extensions of all fingers on my right hand, broken finger, broken foot and many bruises, contusions and a general feeling of being less than happy...............

burbanite
01-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Oh yeah,
been on fire twice (pit stops again). Man, that shit is hot......

Jrocket
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
I got married...

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 03:21 PM
My pride frown

DEEZ NUTTS
01-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Fractured scull and lots of road rash at age 14. Pulled by friends spree scooter on my skate board. Going for speed with trucks too loose=golly wobble and ICU.
Collar bone and finger- dirtbike, hit a frozen patch of ground. Went down so fast the front brake lever smashed my finger while still holding onto the bars.
[ January 24, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: DEEZ NUTTS ]

bchbum
01-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Right after highschool I was working in a bowling alley ,one night I got my thumb stuck in a pinsetter crushing it off . I carried it up to the front desk telling the girl working with me I broke my finger & to please call the paramedic's. Six hours on the table & I can still count to 10. The pin coming out didn't hurt it was the removing of the dead skin at every visit that that sucked

Dribble
01-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Wow. Alot of serious shit out there. Up until now I'v only had:
Two fractured vertabrae (watersking)
Dislocated clavacle (dirtbike)
Major road rash (BMX)
Super major road rash (streetbike)
Other fractured ribs (watersking, jetsking, etc)..
One bad burn (Don't use a hose and a prestone bottle to chek fuel flow).

Her454
01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
after reading this,Im not feeling half as bad as i did when i woke up this morning. Broke my right arm in five places. two titanium rods, and six pins...hopefully, they all come out this friday. eek!

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 05:26 PM
When I was about 13 my friends and I would sneak into the local high school. We'd move the high jump cushions over by a 2 story building, climb up the side of the building, walk out onto a ledge about 20 feet off the ground and jump onto the cushions..One time I did a pretty good somersault. my back and legs landed on the cushion but my heels smacked the asphalt...I thought they were broken...ended up with deep bruises for several weeks..
Oh yeah, I zipped my dick up too when I was a teenager back in the late 70's..Back when it was cool to wear levis cutoffs to the beach...Now that hurt!! eek!

DUCKY
01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Nothing as bad as any of you guys, but a toss up between the fight with the radio control airplane (I lost!) resulting in 18 stitches to my right palm, and the mid air flying leap off my KX500 resulting in my asking "what happened" for several hours.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the lifting of the Small block chevy (long block) out of the bed of my truck at age 17 and twisting to put it on the engine stand. Woke up the next morning and couldn't feel my legs. I now suffer from sciatica (leg pain/numbness cause by pinching of the sciatic nerve between vertebrae), every day.
[ January 24, 2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: DUCKY ]

fasbote
01-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Was married to Lorana Bobbit.....need I say more?

77charger
01-24-2003, 06:18 PM
a broken arm in 97 Yes dirtbike related i forgot to turn the gas valve on made the first turn at glen helen wide open into a jump and the bike bogs down and it does a good endo and throws me foward pretty good.ALso dumped a street bike at willow springs raceway in turn 5 all that hurt then was my pride thinking my race weekend was over but i made it thru thanks to some pro racers there (chuck graves)

fat rat
01-24-2003, 06:27 PM
I have been beside myself on to many occacions,(right place, right time) all I do is thank God........and wonder why! wink I've had my share of bangs and sprangs.....but no breaks. wink

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 06:45 PM
sandblasted:
When I was about 13 my friends and I would sneak into the local high school. We'd move the high jump cushions over by a 2 story building, climb up the side of the building, walk out onto a ledge about 20 feet off the ground and jump onto the cushions..One time I did a pretty good somersault. my back and legs landed on the cushion but my heels smacked the asphalt...I thought they were broken...ended up with deep bruises for several weeks..
Oh yeah, I zipped my dick up too when I was a teenager back in the late 70's..Back when it was cool to wear levis cutoffs to the beach...Now that hurt!! eek! You want to tell people about that? Didn't we see that in a movie, was that you?

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 06:51 PM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
Oh yeah, I zipped my dick up too when I was a teenager back in the late 70's..Back when it was cool to wear levis cutoffs to the beach...Now that hurt!! eek! You want to tell people about that? Didn't we see that in a movie, was that you? Something about Mary!. it brought back bad memories...good thing I was only like 12, so all I used my dick for at that time was peeing!!
It works fine now according to my wife!! :D

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Is that what "MARY" tells you, something like that wink

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 07:01 PM
JetBoatRich:
Is that what "MARY" tells you, something like that wink Ok rich, I've had enough of you...Time to say the one thing that will really get under your skin...
GO RAIDERS!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 07:03 PM
sandblasted:
JetBoatRich:
Is that what "MARY" tells you, something like that wink Ok rich, I've had enough of you...Time to say the one thing that will really get under your skin...
GO RAIDERS!!!!!! Your Right!
Did you see the bet on another thread?

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
JetBoatRich:
GO RAIDERS!!!!!! Your Right!
Did you see the bet on another thread? I only bet with friends, unless I'm at Vegas or laughlin...

FireMD
01-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Ok, let's see, when I was 12 I got hit by a car while riding a bicycle and was in a coma for a week, had a pressure monitoring bolt in my head, had IV's sewn into my arms and neck, was intubated (breathing tube), when I was 18 I blew out my left knee surfing and was out of the water for 9 mos. I have been stung by sting ray, jellyfish, spooked by a 6' blue shark in La Jolla, sting ray hurts like hell. When I was 26 I went to Paramedic school and we stuck each other with needles for a month, but, knock on wood I have never had a broken bone.

Windy
01-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I was attacked and mauled by a German Shepard when I was about 8 or 9. My parents thought I would be afried of dogs the rest of my life...turns out they are my favorite animal.
Glad to hear your ok.
[ January 24, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Just Tool'n
01-24-2003, 08:21 PM
I was 15 years old racing motocross, starting line of 25 bikes wide. 1st turn enough for 2 bikes. Guess what, was bike #3 on the inside. 2 other bikes hit me from rear, went down. they got the bikes off of me, & there was gas dripping in my mouth! Then all of a sudden the pain in my left leg starts, look down to see that everything from the knee lower is turned 180 degrees backwards. Holy Sh*t I think, this can not be real! But the pain reminds me that it is. All the way to the hospital I am thinking that they are going to have to amputate the leg. Get to the hospital & they reset the dislocated knee! Feels much better when the Dr did that. But the main artery was crushed, 8 hours of surgery to save the leg, and 2 more surgery's to fix all of the other torn up stuff. 26 years later it still hurts.
The moral of the story is do not go racing on Easter Sunday, I guess God did not like me to race on his Sunday!

jetaddict
01-24-2003, 08:21 PM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Mvc-002f7.JPG
Here is a 7 hour back surgery due to falling off of a second story roof onto a cement slab.Felt so good. I would do it again just for the RUSH!!! :)

MikeF
01-24-2003, 08:53 PM
BMX: Just broken arm, leg, toe, finger. Not real bad
I have a friend that was run over by a gravel truck (while riding his Duc Monster) and basically broke every bone in the left side of his body! He says he would not wish that pain to anyone! eek! :(
Then there is this unfortunate fella (BEWARE....it's gruesome eek! )!
http://vatican.rotten.com/motorcycle/

JustMVG
01-24-2003, 08:57 PM
I was trying a forward flip on the wakeboard, the rope pulled me the wrong way and i smacked face first hard into thewater, it snapped my head back so hard that my whole left side was not moving, as i waited for the boat to swing around to get me the feeling came back to my arm and leg.
Went to the doctor that monday and he said that i had messed up my c2 c3 and that the spinal cord had been bruised and was dangerously swollen.
I had severe tingling, like when your arm or leg falls asleep and then the blood starts flowing you get that pins and needles feeling, i had that 24/7 until i had the surgery on the neck and spine to relieve the pain. I still get some tingles from time to time but i was scared for 8 months, not knowing what was going to happen.
Mike VG

DogHouse
01-24-2003, 10:02 PM
MikeF:
http://vatican.rotten.com/motorcycle/ Now there's the understatement of the century. I think that's one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. I can't believe that guy's alive, much less awake.
frown

MJ19
01-24-2003, 10:15 PM
OUCH eek! ...you guys have had some painful experiences. :(
I have nothing too exciting, but I'd have to say one of the more memorable 'accidents' for me would be water skiing double...some idiot gave both myself and my friend the same length ropes. After attempting to jump the wake (same time she was) we avoided a near painful experience...only to shoot back outside of the wake and almost hit a buoy. After regaining myself and trying to straighten up I somehow crashed (don't know why...maybe my legs gave way after all that?) anyhow, did a face plant into the front of the ski (as if the water didn't feel like cement...I had to hit the ski as well) it flipped around and nailed me in the back of the head as well...and I layed there in a great deal of pain. It felt like every bone in my face shattered, but luckily I was AOK...not even a black eye.
There was also the time I was snow skiing...not fast, just plugging along on an easy run, looking for my friends, not paying attention to the snow or the sticks attached to my feet. All of a sudden my ski caught in a snow boarders groove and I had a yard sale of crap everywhere...flipped around backwards and landing flat on my backside...banging my head into ice. (as if falling on an easy run isn't embaressing enough...but to actually hurt yourself :rolleyes: )

locogringo
01-24-2003, 11:56 PM
I called myself a really bad name before.
Some of these stories are making my stomach churn!

riverdog
01-25-2003, 03:05 AM
I have a couple of hockey bumps. Severed the ACL in my right knee. 5 years later I was hit while playing the puck, I play goal, took 35 stitches in my mug and a spinal cord contusion at C3-C4. I was paralyzed from the neck down for a few days while the swelling went down in my spinal cord. Spent 4 weeks in the hospital, 2 in ICU and 2 in rehab. Im back on the ice but i still have some paralysis on my right side. The best part about it is the baby finger on my right hand curls up when I hold a beer. That keeps it from falling out of my hand when I have had to many. I guess when the BIG GUY takes something from us, he gives back something in return. The bad thing is if I drink to much my right side stops working, so the wife always knows.

DansBlown73Nordic
01-25-2003, 03:14 AM
Two years ago this old retired lady calls my house to see if I would be willing to cut her lawn. I said no problem. I will bring my WheelHorse tractor.
So I start mowing, everything is going great. She has this big steep hill. I go out into the road and go to the top. Then I come down the hill. At some point I think Hell I can go up the hill and come back down. So I made about 12 passes up and back down. On the 13th pass Im going up the hill. About halfway up I see the front wheels on the tractor are about a foot in the air. eek!
The next thing I know the tractor is on top me. The blades are going about 80 miles per hour. Sorta like a helicopter. eek!
So I push the tractor off me and turn off the key. I stand up thinking Holy Shit I could have died. I walk down the hill. I feel this funny drip on my foot. I look down to see this six inch gash in my leg bleeding like hell.57 stitches later it looked like new. cry

burbanite
01-25-2003, 04:31 AM
DogHouse:
MikeF:
http://vatican.rotten.com/motorcycle/ Now there's the understatement of the century. I think that's one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. I can't believe that guy's alive, much less awake.
:( ........Helmets anyone?....anyone?......

XTRM22
01-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Man my two stories are pretty weak by comparison but similarly self inflicted. I was riding my bosses Kawasaki 900 jetski the first year they came out and at top end (50something) they'd chinewalk and grab an edge. It went 90degrees at 55 and I tried to go straight but my right foot hung up in the foot well eek! . massive bone breakage and ligament damage, it took three pins and a plate to put it back to gather and I don't ride jetski's any More!!! Last one was going for a new max on bench press without a decent spotter ( I had a spotter but he was an idiot) I stalled 1/2 way up with 275# and the spotter just stood there, before I good yelp my left pectoral muscle ruptured right off the bone, without that muscle the weight drove my arm down dislocating my left shoulder. Then I had to sit there like 2 seconds(felt like an hour) while my spotter found two big guys to lift the weight off. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if I gone to the Dr. right away, but we reset my shoulder at the gym cry and assumed the pain was from the dislocation and didn't know about the rupured muscle until 3 weeks later when I still had no strength and everything on my left chest looked crooked. three hours of surgery, 3 suture anchors screwed to the bone and a couple ft of piano type wire hold it all togather. I still like to lift, just not as much.
wink Chuck

MJ19
01-25-2003, 11:35 AM
[b] DogHouse:
MikeF
[qb]
:( OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe he's sitting there as if nothing big happened...I think this calls for a "HOLY SHIT!" eek! eek! eek!
My father had an ambulance company and he was telling me about a guy that was in a motorcycle accident and landed on his face, and when the EMT guy turned him over, the guy's face was literally scrapped away...totally gone...NOW I can believe that story...and thanks for the visual to go along with it :rolleyes:

Bow Tie Omega
01-25-2003, 12:59 PM
This is actually about a lucky mofo. I was at work (ER) when we got a call for a Trauma. There was a group of teenagers who were all drunk in a truck going southbound on the 15 just past the border check. Anyways. There was a driver, passenger and 1 person in the back , there was a fiberglass shell over the bed. They lost control of the vehicle and according to witnesses flipped the truck 6-8 times. Well in the middle of this truck flipping side to side horribly, the fiberglass shell shatters into a thousand pieces and this guy (drunk off of his ass) goes flying from the truck and lands on his feet running (this was put into the CHP Report). His only injury was when he finally came to a stop, he was so dizzy( and drunk) he tripped and scratched his knee. He got a band-aid and went home two hours later. The other two survived but where not so fortunate. That was one lucky mofo

VillainDave
01-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I got neutered and while I was taking my few days of recovery. The wife came home while I was lying on the sofa and decided to bend over and pickup something while wearing a skirt!! Talk about pitchin a tent on a rainy day !!!!

HCS
01-25-2003, 01:07 PM
One time I slipped on some puke at a Led Zepplin concert and bounced down the cement steps and got a concusion. :D
Actually that's a true story, but I saw it happen it wasn't me. :p

JustMVG
01-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Hardcore was that slip at the Forum in L. A.??

HCS
01-25-2003, 02:47 PM
MandMVG:
Hardcore was that slip at the Forum in L. A.?? Na, it was Oakland Coliseum 1977. Everyone was on drugs. smile_sp

JustMVG
01-25-2003, 04:03 PM
i asked because soo many people fell from the polished concrete stairs they had there, after a crap load of lawsuits they got the bright idea to put grip tape on the edges of the steps, i saw 6 straight Zep shows there and saw a 7th out in San Bernardino... AHHHH Memories.... gotta love em.MVG

HCS
01-25-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised I have a memory. smile_sp

MJ19
01-25-2003, 11:56 PM
Bow Tie Omega:
This is actually about a lucky mofo. I was at work (ER) when we got a call for a Trauma. There was a group of teenagers who were all drunk in a truck going southbound on the 15 just past the border check. Anyways. There was a driver, passenger and 1 person in the back , there was a fiberglass shell over the bed. They lost control of the vehicle and according to witnesses flipped the truck 6-8 times. Well in the middle of this truck flipping side to side horribly, the fiberglass shell shatters into a thousand pieces and this guy (drunk off of his ass) goes flying from the truck and lands on his feet running (this was put into the CHP Report). His only injury was when he finally came to a stop, he was so dizzy( and drunk) he tripped and scratched his knee. He got a band-aid and went home two hours later. The other two survived but where not so fortunate. That was one lucky mofo Here's a re-cap of a not so lucky girl...my sister.
We are driving down the road (her as passenger) I hit another car...she did not have a seat belt on...she flew through the windsheild, came back cracked the dash in half with her chin, slid under the dash in a crammed position her teeth locked together, not consious, I hit her because I thought she was laughing when our dad was sure to kill us for crashing the car, she begins to barf after I slugged her...but she can't barf because her teeth are jammed together, so she begins to 'drown' in her own spit...I realize she's not awake...start yelling call 9-1-1...etc...after a night in the hospital she came home with a few bumps and bruises.
so she vows to always wear her seat belt...next car accident she's in...the seat belt goes across her throat and collapses her throat...after several days in the hospital she has a great trech scar on her throat.
So should she wear the seat belt or not? I'm a firm seat belt wearer, but I can see her delema.

CA Stu
01-26-2003, 12:41 AM
riverdog:
I have a couple of hockey bumps. Severed the ACL in my right knee. 5 years later I was hit while playing the puck, I play goal, took 35 stitches in my mug and a spinal cord contusion at C3-C4. I was paralyzed from the neck down for a few days while the swelling went down in my spinal cord. Spent 4 weeks in the hospital, 2 in ICU and 2 in rehab. Im back on the ice but i still have some paralysis on my right side. The best part about it is the baby finger on my right hand curls up when I hold a beer. That keeps it from falling out of my hand when I have had to many. I guess when the BIG GUY takes something from us, he gives back something in return. The bad thing is if I drink to much my right side stops working, so the wife always knows. Severed ACL right knee playing chicken on the ski slope at Snow Valley. Not painful at the time, but plenty painful the 3 times my knee folded over sideways in the following weeks (before I convinced the doctor it wasn't just a sprain).
Face through windshield, 13 stitches and tough guy scar.
Broken fibula, not really painful, just mentally disturbing because foot flopped all over the damn place. 7 screws and one stainless steel plate later, I'm all better.
Funny thing, the BIG GUY theory. Broke my leg on Sunday, found out going to be a Daddy (3rd time) on the Monday...
Cheers
Stu

JetBoatRich
01-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Nice MJ19, I wouldn't wanto to drive with your sister. Bad things seem to happen :confused:

MJ19
01-26-2003, 10:21 AM
JetBoatRich:
Nice MJ19, I wouldn't wanto to drive with your sister. Bad things seem to happen :confused: She hasn't driven in YEARS...but she's going to get her license again pretty soon (I think she's getting brave and public transportation is getting a little too rough for her)