PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a bar?

Stupid Fast
10-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Does anybody here own a bar? If so I have a few questions. P.M me if you might be able to help.
EMC

clownpuncher
10-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes I do

rrrr
10-01-2003, 12:51 PM
I useta own a bar, but the smelly sunofabitch was eatin me into the poorhouse, and my neybors was always on my ass tuh stop him from turning over they're trash cans.
I givved him to the dam carnival that come into town last year.
:D :p

10-01-2003, 01:37 PM
I've spent enough money in them to own one....probablly a good thing I don't own a bar. :D

Stupid Fast
10-01-2003, 01:41 PM
To be honest. That is one of the reasons I wasnt to buy a bar. The other is I Pay Alcoholics and drunks every day. I would rather them pay me.

DEEZ NUTTS
10-01-2003, 01:58 PM
I have both crow and breaker. Which would you like to hear about?

Stupid Fast
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
DEEZ NUTTS:
I have both crow and breaker. Which would you like to hear about? I have several of those. I have a burk and spud too.

al cole'holic
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
clownpuncher:
Yes I do Where is your place CP??

Hallett19
10-01-2003, 04:17 PM
My friend owns Barru in Glendale, CA.

clownpuncher
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
al cole'holic:
clownpuncher:
Yes I do Where is your place CP?? It's in Palm Desert, pretty much next door to Palm Springs. If you take I-10 to the river/lake it's about a 15 minute drive off the freeway. Might be a good pit stop for ya on the way to or on the way home. It's called ROC's Firehouse Grille, a favorite local hangout and popular with the tourists. If/when you come by call there and ask for Roc. I'd be glad to meet ya and buy you a beer and talk boat/river shit. Here's a link that should be up "any day" now. Webmasters - ya gotta love em :D ROC's Firehouse Grille (http://www.Rocsfirehouse.us)
[ October 01, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: clownpuncher ]

396_Z
10-01-2003, 04:41 PM
68Cambell has one too, nice little joint.
www.mavericksaloon.org (http://www.mavericksaloon.org)

clownpuncher
10-01-2003, 04:44 PM
396_Z:
www.mavericksaloon.org (http://www.mavericksaloon.org) Where's it at?

clownpuncher
10-01-2003, 04:46 PM
clownpuncher:
396_Z:
www.mavericksaloon.org (http://www.mavericksaloon.org) Where's it at? Nevermind. I found the link :D

396_Z
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
clownpuncher:
clownpuncher:
396_Z:
www.mavericksaloon.org (http://www.mavericksaloon.org) Where's it at? Nevermind. I found the link :D Ever think about glasses? :p

clownpuncher
10-01-2003, 06:26 PM
I happen to own LOTS of glasses. Beer glasses, rocks glasses.....Oh, you meant, nevermind. Smart A$$ :D :p :D

396_Z
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
I meant maybe some bi-focals, not beer goggles.

al cole'holic
10-01-2003, 08:38 PM
clownpuncher:
al cole'holic:
clownpuncher:
Yes I do Where is your place CP?? It's in Palm Desert, pretty much next door to Palm Springs. If you take I-10 to the river/lake it's about a 15 minute drive off the freeway. Might be a good pit stop for ya on the way to or on the way home. It's called ROC's Firehouse Grille, a favorite local hangout and popular with the tourists. If/when you come by call there and ask for Roc. I'd be glad to meet ya and buy you a beer and talk boat/river shit. Here's a link that should be up "any day" now. Webmasters - ya gotta love em :D ROC's Firehouse Grille (http://www.Rocsfirehouse.us) I know the area, we use to have a place on Palm Canyon. Many ripped nights at Pink Lady! :D Right now my mom is looking for a place there, we have some family there...I am sure we will meet now!! :D

79TahitiCBB
10-01-2003, 09:02 PM
396_Z:
www.mavericksaloon.org (http://www.mavericksaloon.org) I've been there before, my brother went to Dunn. Cool place.

68campbell
10-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Owning a bar can be a good business, But only if you treat it like a business. As for catering to drunks, If you look at the total number of people with a real problem they are usually 3 sheets before they even get to the bar.

NorCal Gameshow
10-02-2003, 07:49 AM
68campbell:
Owning a bar can be a good business, But only if you treat it like a business. As for catering to drunks, If you look at the total number of people with a real problem they are usually 3 sheets before they even get to the bar. 68, how many hours do you put in a week???

clownpuncher
10-02-2003, 08:38 AM
RiverDave:
You going to be around tomorrow?
RD
Yep. I should get there about 3pm'ish and on into the late hours. Stop by on the way to the bday shindig and I'll buy ya a bday drink or five of your choice. At 6pm there'll be about 30 drunk firemen there for a party, always fun. Ph number there is 760 674 3222. BTW, HBD :D

clownpuncher
10-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Sounds good. Any idea what time you'll be rolling through? Here are some directions
I-10 east past Palm Springs.
Take the Monterey exit South (right turn)
Monterey is just past the Bob Hope exit
South on Monterey for a few miles until you get to Hwy 111.
Go past Hwy 111 to the next street which is El Paseo.
Turn left on El Paseo, going east now, and get in the right lane. El Paseo is a ritzy shopping street and has slow traffic. After a few blocks be looking on the right for a small fire truck golf cart. It's a small place, seats 80 people inside and out. It'll probably be a little early for all the hotties to come out, sorry. See ya manana.

68campbell
10-02-2003, 11:42 AM
NorCal,
I put in about 20-25 hrs a week, but most of it is socializing with the customers, basically letting people know I have an interest in what they have to say. People like see that the boss cares.
The rest of the time is accounting and other office stuff, with about 5-10 hours covering peoples shifts when they flake.

clownpuncher
10-02-2003, 11:48 AM
68campbell:
The rest of the time is accounting and other office stuff, with about 5-10 hours covering peoples shifts when they flake. I know the drill VERY well. Cooks, dishwashers, bartenders, cocktail servers, they all have the ability to just, flake....... :rolleyes:

NorCal Gameshow
10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
68, you're doin' alright....
I checked out your web page, i love that the cover charge includes a beer and a slice of pizza smile_sp

Stupid Fast
10-02-2003, 12:56 PM
68campbell:
Owning a bar can be a good business, But only if you treat it like a business. As for catering to drunks, If you look at the total number of people with a real problem they are usually 3 sheets before they even get to the bar. That is how I look at it. I Am a Construction Super now. If the gus get paid on Thursday, only half the crew shows up on Friday. I know how much I spend at the bar a Year and I am a "controled" drinker.
I know I can make it work. I just don't want to learn the "right way" the hard way every time.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-02-2003, 05:35 PM
I have a 14 year old neice that looks like Darrel Hannah.
She has such a severe form of autisum that she stares right through you.
A fraternal organization helped my very young relatives out treating her, it was brutally expensive. I was so impressed with their work I volunteered to help the organization.
I ended up managing their bar as a volunteer.
I found with the people we hired, (except 1) it wasn't if they would steal,, it was how much.
Cured me of ever wanting to be in the bar business,, unless I mixed the drinks and ran the cash register myself.
On another note,,, anyone that is in the bar biz,, or wants to be in the bar biz,, should visit the Tiki Ti bar near Hollywood, Calif.
Without a doubt, the most sucessful bar ever. Opened in 1948,, same owners today.
No credit cards, no parking, no beer or wine,,,open only 4 days a week,, closed in August the most sucessfull bar you could ever imagine.
Girls abso****inlutely love the Tiki Ti.
PM me if you ever go, the first round is on me.