PDA

View Full Version : Sound Systems: Ya Dance with Who Brung Ya"

Trailer Park Casanova
07-02-2003, 09:41 PM
The past 9 new boats I've had never had any sound system problems,, none.
I have a 2000 watt Sony thats been nothing but trouble.
You've all heard it if you've been to any of the Parker Sand Bars.I have to have the 2 month old system fixed,, and it's been a bitch. A real bitch.
Sony dealers absolutely won't honor the parts and labor warranty.
In a strong Middle Eastern accent they all (Akbar's) tell me they want to be paid in addition to the warranty.
To be looked in the eyes and attempted to be ripped off by these clowns is unnerving.
Well, the Sony rep was interested in all this,, and the dealers that refused to fix our unit have been dropped by Sony,, so good on them.
The point of this post is that ya pretty much have to rely on who installs the unit to be the one who'll fix it under warranty.
So instead of a local shop doing the work, I have to drive half way to Jerusalem, to the installing dealer, my boat dealer that is,, to get the thing fixed.
A day off from work,, a hundred bucks in gas,,, ect., because the local Sony Authorized shops won't touch it honestly unless they get some Mordida (bribe).
The moral: Perhaps remember this when you're having your sound system installed. You'll have to return to the installer to have warranty work done. So Geography comes into the equasion too.
[ July 02, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

MagicMtnDan
07-02-2003, 10:16 PM
You want some cheese with that whine? You have got to be kidding me! You got a mega-watt, state-of-the-art sound system for FREE and you're bitching about having to pay to fix it?!
Why don't you just rip it out, throw it away and pay to have a new system installed. Then you can have a warranty and get it fixed for free. That oughta keep you from bitching about having to pay to fix free stuff.
Is it me or is it f'd up in here?!

Trailer Park Casanova
07-02-2003, 10:21 PM
MagicMtnDan:
You want some cheese with that whine? You have got to be kidding me! You got a mega-watt, state-of-the-art sound system for FREE and you're bitching about having to pay to fix it?!
Why don't you just rip it out, throw it away and pay to have a new system installed. Then you can have a warranty and get it fixed for free. That oughta keep you from bitching about having to pay to fix free stuff.
Is it me or is it f'd up in here?! You missed the point that Sony was paying parts and labor,, but he Arabs wanted to be paid in addition, or they wouldn't touch it.
I think your philosopy is way way off.
Yes,, it is you!

ROZ
07-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Well that's a bummer; However, If the Sony phone rep says they dropped the shop, you actually did the shop a favor. Because of how Sony structures their dealer contracts (what you have to carrry and Qty, carrying their product is alomost a wash. We no longer carry them either...
The only thing Sony has going for them is their LCD marine remote....
Where is the boat? I know of a guy who has gone to the river to fix more than 1 system from shops that claim they do good work. If the Sony rep will in fact pay via purchase order or whatever method of payment to a nonauthorized dealer, I can ask Martin if he'll do it. I won't lie, he ain't no hack; It's gonna cost.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-03-2003, 12:35 PM
I apreciate that ROZ.
The problem was with the Marine remote and the dealer replaced it free. They used a black remote, the former a white remote and it doesn't match very well.
Is it possible for me to buy a white remote and replace it myself?
Thanks,
DAMFINO

Havasu Hangin'
07-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Sony? 2,000 watts?
Hehehehe....

ROZ
07-03-2003, 01:51 PM
TPC,
A R & R on the remote is an easy one. After you remove the remote from wherever it's mounted, you simple disconnect the 2 plugs and reattach them to the new unit. Remount the new white unit and you're done!~It's very simple. You can find the RMXM10W (w= white) online for around 125.00 or so....
Hope this was helpful...
LOL @ HH...