PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new custom boat

Kahuna
07-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Any idea on how much room there is when negotiating for a price on a new custom boat. I am looking to get a 21-foot open bow with a 6.2 Merc. Like an Advantage, Eliminator, Ultra, Shockwave...etc. I know how to get a deal on buying a new car but I do not know how much padding builders put in their price. I have got first prices on a few boats but don't know if I can get them lower.

DogHouse
07-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Yes there can be quite a bit of room to negotiate, depending on the company and maybe even on the salesman you talk to. Be very careful with Eliminator, don't ever pay full price for one! From the shopping that I did, they were by far the worst about starting out with a very high offer and then forcing you to negotiate down to something reasonable and competitive with other builders. Put on your game face and good luck!
-brian
ps: Welcome to the boards!
[ July 21, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

NashvilleBound
07-22-2003, 05:07 AM
DogHouse:
Yes there can be quite a bit of room to negotiate, depending on the company and maybe even on the salesman you talk to. Be very careful with Eliminator, don't ever pay full price for one! From the shopping that I did, they were by far the worst about starting out with a very high offer and then forcing you to negotiate down to something reasonable and competitive with other builders. Put on your game face and good luck!
-brian
ps: Welcome to the boards! What he said! Eliminator was the worst. I finally got an Ultra 247, which I still love, and John was GREAT to deal with. Everything in life is negotiable!

NashvilleBound
07-22-2003, 05:16 AM
DogHouse:
-brian
ps: Welcome to the boards! What he said! Eliminator was the worst. I finally got an Ultra 247, which I still love, and John was GREAT to deal with. Everything in life is negotiable!