PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best boat towing company to go with?

TheEduKATor
05-21-2003, 08:22 PM
I've received numerous brochures from vessel assist, sea tow, etc. I was curious what other boaters have gone with and if its worth the annual fee. My brother and I take the boat out into San Diego Bay and just want to make sure that we aren't left drifting at sea and paying an arm and a leg to get towed back in. Fortunately, we have not needed a tow, but the last two times out in Havasu, we had wiring problems that hopefully are fixed for good this time. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

BoatFloating
05-21-2003, 08:36 PM
The best way is your insurance company. They offer towing for a cheap amount. I want to say it's $5 a year on mine.

WILD LAVEY
05-21-2003, 09:56 PM
wow, 5$ a year! thats cheap. ill have to check with my isurance carrier if they offer that service. i was thinking about gettin seatow. i think its $60 per year. they also provide their sevice in lake havasu.

Ross
05-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Vessel Assist seems to have the best network.
The other seemed to come and go with service area availability.. May have improved by now.
Been with Vessel Assist for years and thankfully never needed them. Nice to belong to though.
Don't hold me to it, but I think they're the only one in Avalon and that can be a big plus in the afternoon when the potholes get bigger out there.
We launch outta Hun. Harbor and we pass a moored Vessel Assist boat leaving,, then another one moored in Avalon and that's as close as ya can get.
Bottom line,, join one of them because they respond to members calls first, or so they claim.
Their membership usually runs 13 months per dues.
Ross Kathy & the kids
[ May 21, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Ross ]