PDA

View Full Version : Now my Butt is.........

Liberator TJ1984
01-16-2003, 07:33 AM
SEVERLY CHAPPED!!!!
Did anyone see the Discovery Channel about Saddam Hussien last night ??? they had interviews with CIA agents that went to trial for plotting to take him down in the Desert Storm War but were ordered to Stand Down and not assasinate him ! He was in their gun sights !!Upon arriving to the US they were put on trial and Courtmarshalled for contesting their orders...then it went on to show his own people after sujected to Biological and Chemical exposures, :mad: this is what the Agents saw first hand and were so intent on killing him when they had a chance !!! If they were allowed to back then we probably would not be in the spot we are now !! and Government officials wonder why we think they Suck ! burningm
oh well off my soapbox, had to vent
Gopherrr

Blown 472
01-16-2003, 08:05 AM
Revolution???

HBjet
01-16-2003, 08:22 AM
If you think that was interesting. You should read "Sea No Evil" by Robert Baer. It's a true story of a ground soldier in the CIA's war on terrorism. He ran the coup to kill Saddam and 36 hrs before the mission was to begin, the government backed out of the mission that they have been supporting for 2 months prior. It's a really good book and I'm not one known for reading!
Here is a link to an interview with the author Robert Baer. Interview (http://www.kfi640.com/media/baer.wma)
HBjet

miller19j
01-16-2003, 08:25 AM
You have to look at the big picture. Saddam is just one man if you assassinate him without someone to replace him the situation would be worse. The change of power has to be well planned and agreed upon by the rest of the world powers (including the ones in the middle east) otherwise you create a very unstable region.
Give it some thought if we assassinated him at that time someone like Bin Laden may have gained power over the region. You think that September 11 was bad, what if he had all the military’s in the middle east behind him and decided to invade instead of hijacking airplanes.
Now don’t get me wrong I would like to see Saddam dead as much as the next guy but we need to make sure that we don’t make things worse in the process.
[ January 16, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Charley
01-16-2003, 08:29 AM
I coudn't agree more.... at one point a persons life death must be justified, and even after we make things right by protecting Kuwait and even afghanistan (I know there was more to it than protection but) we get called the bully, arrogant westerners etc... fock if thats what they are gonna call us lets live up to it wink ....next time we protect a kuwait we pitch an american flag on the highest mountain and start watching our Oil prices here in the states DROP like the stock market jawdrop

THOR
01-16-2003, 08:39 AM
I saw part of that special and it pissed me off also.

THOR
01-16-2003, 08:45 AM
HBJet,
you've got mail.

HBjet
01-16-2003, 09:11 AM
THOR:
HBJet,
you've got mail. chk you PM

burbanite
01-16-2003, 10:26 AM
HBjet:
If you think that was interesting. You should read "Sea No Evil" by Robert Baer.
HBjet That was the guy that Liberator was referring to. He was interviewed and spoke of the incident.
Damn those interferring politicians.........
:confused:

ACCEPTENCE
01-16-2003, 04:33 PM
miller19j:
You have to look at the big picture. Saddam is just one man if you assassinate him without someone to replace him the situation would be worse. The change of power has to be well planned and agreed upon by the rest of the world powers (including the ones in the middle east) otherwise you create a very unstable region.
Give it some thought if we assassinated him at that time someone like Bin Laden may have gained power over the region. You think that September 11 was bad, what if he had all the military’s in the middle east behind him and decided to invade instead of hijacking airplanes.
Now don’t get me wrong I would like to see Saddam dead as much as the next guy but we need to make sure that we don’t make things worse in the process. Well spoken :D :D :D

lakesmodified
01-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Liberator TJ1984:
SEVERLY CHAPPED!!!!
Did anyone see the Discovery Channel about Saddam Hussien last night ??? they had interviews with CIA agents that went to trial for plotting to take him down in the Desert Storm War but were ordered to Stand Down and not assasinate him ! He was in their gun sights !!Upon arriving to the US they were put on trial and Courtmarshalled for contesting their orders...then it went on to show his own people after sujected to Biological and Chemical exposures, :mad: this is what the Agents saw first hand and were so intent on killing him when they had a chance !!! If they were allowed to back then we probably would not be in the spot we are now !! and Government officials wonder why we think they Suck ! burningm
oh well off my soapbox, had to vent
Gopherrr That's no different than when Pres. Kennedy promissed air support for an invassion of the Bay of Pigs in Cuba, and then last minute called the aircraft back. How many lives were lost because of his BS? And people wonder why he was assasinated?